or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano-Girling in the USA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano-Girling in the USA

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 
Edward Green's one-time master bespoke shoemaker is now flying solo in a city near you...

SAN FRANCISCO
The Huntington hotel
1075 California Street, Nob Hill
Tel: (415) 474 5400

Friday the 13th of October 9am – 6pm
Saturday the 14th of October 9am – 12 noon

DALLAS
Hotel Crescent Court
400 Crescent Court
Tel: (214) 871 3200

Monday the 16th of October 9am – 6pm

NEW YORK
The Waldorf Astoria
301 Park Avenue
Tel: (212) 355 3000

Wednesday the 18th of October 9am – 8pm
Thursday the 19th of October 9am – 8pm (shoe craft display 12 noon-2pm)
Friday the 20th of October 9am – 8pm

A link to some of Tony's fabulous work for EG....

http://homepage.mac.com/syrit/PhotoAlbum7.html

His new website (still under construction)...

http://www.gazianogirling.com/
post #2 of 32
Andrew, what kind of money are we talking and do you pay upfront?
post #3 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Andrew, what kind of money are we talking and do you pay upfront?

Hey Ed...

From what i've heard, he will be pricing himself slightly below what EG charged for his services so I would expect to pay something slightly south of$3k (which would include shoe trees). The deposit would traditionally be half.
post #4 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Hey Ed...

From what i've heard, he will be pricing himself slightly below what EG charged for his services so I would expect to pay something slightly south of$3k (which would include shoe trees). The deposit would traditionally be half.

Thanks, slightly south sounds like Virginia to me, I need them to go as far south as Argentina!
post #5 of 32
Andrew's figures are right, and the first pair of shoes will take about 9 months to a year to complete. But it's pretty cool to have 1 of only about 100 pairs made a year.

--Andre
post #6 of 32
No itinerary for DC?
post #7 of 32
I musn't. I musn't.
post #8 of 32
Oh no. More bespoke temptations.
post #9 of 32
This is compelling.
post #10 of 32
I expect the price to be 1,400 GBP, which includes trees. If I recall correctly, EG was 1,550, and Tony said he was going to charge 10% less.
post #11 of 32
Price is 1,540 GBP
post #12 of 32
So much for 10% less. Unless EG's final price was more like 1,700, which I do not recall.
post #13 of 32
Quote:
Price is 1,540 GBP

Looks like a deal compared to your Suzukis.
post #14 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton
I expect the price to be 1,400 GBP, which includes trees. If I recall correctly, EG was 1,550, and Tony said he was going to charge 10% less.

Maybe he meant 10 GBP less
post #15 of 32
I'm there!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano-Girling in the USA