or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 32

post #466 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetzZz View Post

Well like every day I was checking eBay for hoping for some deals on the 721LTD (Missed the shot on You-Know-Who pairs) when I saw that so I pulled the trigger! I was on the right place at the right time I think!

I will see in real if I like them, and if not, I will resell them and go for a probably long and hard seek of 721LTD in my size.smile.gif

post #467 of 617
Checked out the 744 at Leffot in NYC yesterday. Nice boot, but the brouging was a little overdone IMO. Great store though if you get a chance
post #468 of 617
While it has more brogue than the 721 the amount of brogue on this boot is sparse to say the least.
I just bought a pair and the brogue goes across the toe cap and is about 1/4 of an inch wide so like I said more than the last which had none but overdone really?
Look at some mcqueen boots or trickers or grenson those have brogue up and down and all around..
post #469 of 617
You're right about the broguing, its more about the wavy strip behind the cap. Not sure what they call that...?
post #470 of 617

I've Got a question for Crane.

 

I posted on here a while ago, and ended up finally receiving my Tan Addisons. The are my first ever pair of boots like this. In fact, my first ever pair of quality leather boots. They are amazing. 

 

On to my question, When I got them I used a little lexol conditioner on them and have been wearing them religiously. 

 

1) What type of shine brush should I use (I heard kiwi is small now)?

2) Will Obenauf's severely darken them permanently? Will Snow seal? How did you treat your tan Addisons for water?

3) What Boot Oil should I use? Is lexol Okay? I don't mind buying another. 

4) What cleaner should I use? Is lexol Okay?

5) How did you Keep the toe part of the leather sole from getting so scuffed?

6) Is Atsko Sno-seal the same as Penguin Brand beeswax Sno-Seal? 

7) Can I put a vibram half sole on the sole if it is already slightly used?

8) Do you but Sno-Seal on the sole?

post #471 of 617
Thread Starter 
1. Any brush will do.
2. No they will lighten back up once the treatment seeps in and you wear them a while. I use Filson boot oil and then a week or so later I snoseal them. Repeat as required.
3. Filson boot oil is my number one choice.
4. Lexol is just fine. It's what I use.
5. I don't worry about scuffs. LOL! They rub out with a finger and if it's real bad a finger and a little boot oil. Then water brush them.
6. Couldn't tell you that. Just make sure it has bees wax in it.
7. Yep. Been there and done that.
8. I don't but it shouldn't hurt them at all. I have started wiping boot oil on them now since I started my new walk in knee deep water fiascoes. Keep in mind if they don't have a half sole they'll be slick as snot on ice when it's wet out or walking on wet floors.

Don't baby them, don't worry about a little mud or dirt, don't worry about whether or no they can handle water. They can and if anybody would know it would be me. You just need to take care of them and after a few years you'll have a really nice looking pair of boots with an awesome patina.
post #472 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

1. Any brush will do.
2. No they will lighten back up once the treatment seeps in and you wear them a while. I use Filson boot oil and then a week or so later I snoseal them. Repeat as required.
3. Filson boot oil is my number one choice.
4. Lexol is just fine. It's what I use.
5. I don't worry about scuffs. LOL! They rub out with a finger and if it's real bad a finger and a little boot oil. Then water brush them.
6. Couldn't tell you that. Just make sure it has bees wax in it.
7. Yep. Been there and done that.
8. I don't but it shouldn't hurt them at all. I have started wiping boot oil on them now since I started my new walk in knee deep water fiascoes. Keep in mind if they don't have a half sole they'll be slick as snot on ice when it's wet out or walking on wet floors.
Don't baby them, don't worry about a little mud or dirt, don't worry about whether or no they can handle water. They can and if anybody would know it would be me. You just need to take care of them and after a few years you'll have a really nice looking pair of boots with an awesome patina.

Dude, You are awesome. Made me feel a whole lot better about the sno seal and stuff. Thanks for all of the help.

 

Just on a personal note, I would not have gotten these shoes if it weren't for your reviews picture of your boots, especially the addisons that were put through the ringer. So thank you. I'm looking forward to wearing the shit out of them. 

 

One final question, Can these be worn in the rain without a Vibram half sole? 

post #473 of 617
Thread Starter 
Yep, I do it all the time. The trick is letting them air dry naturally before you wear them again. That means give 'em a rest for a couple of days.

And thanks. It wouldn't come as a surprise to me if a lot of people decided to get these boots after seeing what I've done to them over the years.
post #474 of 617

I remember reading on here that this boot is made by Allen Edmond.  I was talking to a Wolverine vendor today and he mentioned that the standard 1000 Mile boots are made by "White's Boot Co.' of Spokane, WA.  Anybody ever hear of this?

post #475 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01000001010011 View Post

I remember reading on here that this boot is made by Allen Edmond.  I was talking to a Wolverine vendor today and he mentioned that the standard 1000 Mile boots are made by "White's Boot Co.' of Spokane, WA.  Anybody ever hear of this?

Sounds wrong to me. If you look at the 1000 mile next to a pair of AE's and White's, you'll see they are made by AE.
post #476 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01000001010011 View Post

I remember reading on here that this boot is made by Allen Edmond.  I was talking to a Wolverine vendor today and he mentioned that the standard 1000 Mile boots are made by "White's Boot Co.' of Spokane, WA.  Anybody ever hear of this?

The 721LTD is made by AE, this was mentioned in this forum many times.

I'm not sure about the standard 1000 Mile boots though. Given that the majority of work boots that Wolverine offers and sells are NOT made in the US, I won't be surprised to learn that they simply out source the 1000 Mile line to other US manufacturers, just that we don't know which one. I don't think the 1000 Mile line is big enough for them to set up a US factory themselves.
post #477 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Sounds wrong to me. If you look at the 1000 mile next to a pair of AE's and White's, you'll see they are made by AE.

How do you "see" this? The cordovan models seem much more typical of AE than the standard 1k line. I would have no issue believing the standard models are made by Whites.
post #478 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

How do you "see" this? The cordovan models seem much more typical of AE than the standard 1k line. I would have no issue believing the standard models are made by Whites.

You can "see" it with your eyes. Look at the stitching on the outsole, look at the way they tint the leather outsole, look at how they stamp the size. There are tons of clues that make it obvious. White's boots look completely different.
post #479 of 617

Ahh, Oh No!! I've been wearing my 1000 mile boots for about a week and a half now, and they are great except for one rather scary flaw. The heel plate seems to be separating from the sole of the boot! 

 

Please someone out there tell me that this is normal. Its not horrible and I only noticed it when I had my legs crossed. When the boot was sitting on my leg crossed, It doesn't show separation, but if I take my thumb and push down on the part of the sole in front of the heel, I start to see separation. I have been wearing them a lot, but I did not expect this. Is this normal for everyone, or is it just me?

 

If it is bad, should I contact Wolverine or just head to my cobbler? 

post #480 of 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcell View Post

Ahh, Oh No!! I've been wearing my 1000 mile boots for about a week and a half now, and they are great except for one rather scary flaw. The heel plate seems to be separating from the sole of the boot! 

 

Please someone out there tell me that this is normal. Its not horrible and I only noticed it when I had my legs crossed. When the boot was sitting on my leg crossed, It doesn't show separation, but if I take my thumb and push down on the part of the sole in front of the heel, I start to see separation. I have been wearing them a lot, but I did not expect this. Is this normal for everyone, or is it just me?

 

If it is bad, should I contact Wolverine or just head to my cobbler? 

If you're talking about the 721s, I'd think about contacting Allen Edmonds (who made the boots for Wolverine).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review