or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 21

post #301 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post

Anyone here have any experience with White's semi dress boots? How they compare with the 1000 mile? I'm thinking about picking up a pair with lug soles for inclement weather.

 

Although I don't have any direct experience with White's semi dress, I've heard others rave about them.  In many cases, people prefer them over the 1000 Miles because of their awesome durability (especially the lug soles).  I've also heard people say that White's construction is better than Wolverine's which improves the boot's longevity as well.  I can't speak to fit, but others seem to hold them in high regard.

 

I like the looks of the 1000 Mile's more, but White's is undeniably an awesome boot.

post #302 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

 

Although I don't have any direct experience with White's semi dress, I've heard others rave about them.  In many cases, people prefer them over the 1000 Miles because of their awesome durability (especially the lug soles).  I've also heard people say that White's construction is better than Wolverine's which improves the boot's longevity as well.  I can't speak to fit, but others seem to hold them in high regard.

 

I like the looks of the 1000 Mile's more, but White's is undeniably an awesome boot.

 

Yeah, I have heard nothing but good things. There are a bunch of new ones up on E-Bay now (don't tell any one; ). It wouldn't hurt to have a pair in rotation. 

post #303 of 604

Man this thread has been slow the past couple of days...  I'll post some picture just because.  

 

I brushed continually after barely wetting the boots with a damp cloth.  The shine is starting to come out!

 

 

IMG_2202.JPG

 

IMG_2203.JPG

 

IMG_2204.JPG

post #304 of 604
Thread Starter 
Looks good so far! Keep at it.

My boots are a bit dusty but that's about it. I think they might be liking their new lifestyle. LOL!

There's plenty of people floating around here with these boots. Let's see some pics and tell us your story.

You do know that Wolverine corporate is following this thread and the other 1K threads as well right?
post #305 of 604

Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of having these things recrafted?  I emailed Allen Edmonds to ask, and they said no.  I haven't read anything from Wolverine about it, so I'm assuming that it's a no-go.  It's a shame though, I would use that service (eventually) if it were available to us.    

post #306 of 604
Dear Wolverine Corporate: please bring out an original (plain toe) 1000 mile boot in #8. I'll be it's biggest fan. Sincerely, Trapp.
post #307 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Let's see some pics and tell us your story.

 

Lol, dammit, I desperately wanted to take mine to China with me the next couple of weeks, but packed light and only took one crummy pair of sneakers because I was too lazy to unlace and relace the 721's at the airports. Is it wrong to be excited to come back home just to wear them? 

post #308 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Man this thread has been slow the past couple of days...  I'll post some picture just because.  

 

I brushed continually after barely wetting the boots with a damp cloth.  The shine is starting to come out!

 

 

IMG_2202.JPG

 

IMG_2203.JPG

 

IMG_2204.JPG


 Simply stunning!

post #309 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

 

Lol, dammit, I desperately wanted to take mine to China with me the next couple of weeks, but packed light and only took one crummy pair of sneakers because I was too lazy to unlace and relace the 721's at the airports. Is it wrong to be excited to come back home just to wear them? 

 No, it is not wrong... I don't think...

post #310 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post

Dear Wolverine Corporate: please bring out an original (plain toe) 1000 mile boot in #8. I'll be it's biggest fan. Sincerely, Trapp.

ditto

post #311 of 604

A couple of more pictures in natural sunlight just because.  

 

IMG_2212.JPG

 

IMG_2214.JPG

post #312 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

A couple of more pictures in natural sunlight just because.  

 

IMG_2212.JPG

 

IMG_2214.JPG

 Be still my heart...

post #313 of 604
lol @ Seer. Those do look fine, but even without a medallion, I think my next pair of shoes/boots need to not be wingtips.

However, this thread has made me seriously consider cordovan boots as an addition to my nascent quality footwear collection.
post #314 of 604
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post

Dear Wolverine Corporate: please bring out an original (plain toe) 1000 mile boot in #8. I'll be it's biggest fan. Sincerely, Trapp.

No no no. Wolverine please bring out the original in Whiskey or Walnut shell. Please? If not how about a limited edition just for me? LOL!

In other Wolverine news. I was let in on a new product lineup that'll be released in the Fall. Will be very very interesting for sure. I'll be seeing the goods soon... about all I can say for now. Those pesky NDAs, gotta play nice.
post #315 of 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

No no no. Wolverine please bring out the original in Whiskey or Walnut shell. Please? If not how about a limited edition just for me? LOL!
In other Wolverine news. I was let in on a new product lineup that'll be released in the Fall. Will be very very interesting for sure. I'll be seeing the goods soon... about all I can say for now. Those pesky NDAs, gotta play nice.

You damn c*cktease. Can't wait.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review