I've found the 11D in Wolverine 1000 Mile similar to Alden Indy's 11D. I wear the same size in both.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review Last post on 1/16/17 at 3:24pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boot Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please Last post on 7/12/16 at 12:17pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 8post #106 of 6357/20/11 at 1:55ampost #107 of 6357/26/11 at 8:46amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by g.michael
^^^Great looking boots and great pics!
One question for you and Crane--what made you choose these over, for example the Alden Cordovan Indy boot with commando sole? I am looking, like Crane, for a light hiking boot that is cordovan and these 721's look great, but I can get a color 8 indy with commando sole for $50 less (and some may argue better quality).
Simple answer. We're a Wolverine dealer so I always opt to buy what I sell before buying another brand. Personally I'm one of those people who won't sell you something I don't believe in or wear personally.post #108 of 63510/22/11 at 9:04am
I bought mine a few months ago. As you know, they run a little big, in the length. For this reason, I bought an 8.5 instead of my normal 9, but it's just a tad narrow for me. I just ordered another pair of 9s and looking to sell my 8.5s on here. I'm not sure how many posts I need before I can post in the Classifieds, though. Anyone know?post #109 of 63510/25/11 at 2:32pmpost #110 of 63511/2/11 at 9:08pm
Cranes, thanks for all the useful advise with the leather care and such. I just received my pair earlier today and am very grateful to have found this thread.
I have read through each post and still have questions about the care. For weekend use that will see the occasional drink spill or puddle, does the boot require some form of waterproofing? Or is that strictly needed for the wet fields you frequent?
I plan to brush and condition prior to wear and wasn't sure about the waterproofing. I have found mixed opinions and want to make sure I go about it the right way because these things are nothing less than illustrious.
Thank youpost #111 of 6351/5/12 at 12:25pmpost #112 of 6351/9/12 at 11:43ampost #113 of 6352/10/12 at 2:58ampost #114 of 6352/13/12 at 4:20pmpost #115 of 6352/16/12 at 12:13pmpost #116 of 6352/16/12 at 1:29pmpost #117 of 6352/20/12 at 5:43am
I just picked up a couple pairs of shoes recently and they are just back from the cobbler from having half soles applied. I opted to put a thinner sole protector on the 721s and a more aggressive Vibram Raptor half sole on the Chromexcel 1000 Mile boots.
I aquired one of the last 2 pairs of size 10 721s from Wolverine and couldn't be happier with the quality. I have never even considered posting about shoes but these boots are damn impressive. Here they are after a coat of Saphir Renovateur, Saphir cordovan polish, and Renaissance wax applied to the edges and a light coat applied to the leather itself.
Edited by Cayman09 - 2/20/12 at 6:11ampost #118 of 6352/21/12 at 2:51ampost #119 of 6352/21/12 at 10:37am
They had an almost dry appearance and not a deep rich cherry/mahogany color that I have seen on sites like Leffot and Unionmade. I brushed them on and off for a few days before any products were applied but it did little good. I would really like to see some pictures of the boots with some age on them.
After speaking with the Wolverine 721 specialist about the shoes I was told that there would be another cordovan limited edition 1000 mile boot coming within a few months. She would not specify what it would be but that it would be another limited run in cordovan number 8.post #120 of 6352/21/12 at 10:38am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 3 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 54 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Yuketen Footwear 25 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 30 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 39 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 57 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...