I've found the 11D in Wolverine 1000 Mile similar to Alden Indy's 11D. I wear the same size in both.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review Last post on Today at 9:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boot Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please Last post on 4/5/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 8post #106 of 6357/20/11 at 1:55ampost #107 of 6357/26/11 at 8:46amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by g.michael
^^^Great looking boots and great pics!
One question for you and Crane--what made you choose these over, for example the Alden Cordovan Indy boot with commando sole? I am looking, like Crane, for a light hiking boot that is cordovan and these 721's look great, but I can get a color 8 indy with commando sole for $50 less (and some may argue better quality).
Simple answer. We're a Wolverine dealer so I always opt to buy what I sell before buying another brand. Personally I'm one of those people who won't sell you something I don't believe in or wear personally.post #108 of 63510/22/11 at 9:04am
I bought mine a few months ago. As you know, they run a little big, in the length. For this reason, I bought an 8.5 instead of my normal 9, but it's just a tad narrow for me. I just ordered another pair of 9s and looking to sell my 8.5s on here. I'm not sure how many posts I need before I can post in the Classifieds, though. Anyone know?post #109 of 63510/25/11 at 2:32pmpost #110 of 63511/2/11 at 9:08pm
Cranes, thanks for all the useful advise with the leather care and such. I just received my pair earlier today and am very grateful to have found this thread.
I have read through each post and still have questions about the care. For weekend use that will see the occasional drink spill or puddle, does the boot require some form of waterproofing? Or is that strictly needed for the wet fields you frequent?
I plan to brush and condition prior to wear and wasn't sure about the waterproofing. I have found mixed opinions and want to make sure I go about it the right way because these things are nothing less than illustrious.
Thank youpost #111 of 6351/5/12 at 12:25pmpost #112 of 6351/9/12 at 11:43ampost #113 of 6352/10/12 at 2:58ampost #114 of 6352/13/12 at 4:20pmpost #115 of 6352/16/12 at 12:13pmpost #116 of 6352/16/12 at 1:29pmpost #117 of 6352/20/12 at 5:43am
I just picked up a couple pairs of shoes recently and they are just back from the cobbler from having half soles applied. I opted to put a thinner sole protector on the 721s and a more aggressive Vibram Raptor half sole on the Chromexcel 1000 Mile boots.
I aquired one of the last 2 pairs of size 10 721s from Wolverine and couldn't be happier with the quality. I have never even considered posting about shoes but these boots are damn impressive. Here they are after a coat of Saphir Renovateur, Saphir cordovan polish, and Renaissance wax applied to the edges and a light coat applied to the leather itself.
Edited by Cayman09 - 2/20/12 at 6:11ampost #118 of 6352/21/12 at 2:51ampost #119 of 6352/21/12 at 10:37am
They had an almost dry appearance and not a deep rich cherry/mahogany color that I have seen on sites like Leffot and Unionmade. I brushed them on and off for a few days before any products were applied but it did little good. I would really like to see some pictures of the boots with some age on them.
After speaking with the Wolverine 721 specialist about the shoes I was told that there would be another cordovan limited edition 1000 mile boot coming within a few months. She would not specify what it would be but that it would be another limited run in cordovan number 8.post #120 of 6352/21/12 at 10:38am
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 15 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 23 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 minutes ago
- › Peaks, Patterns, and Wedding Ties 43 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts