I've found the 11D in Wolverine 1000 Mile similar to Alden Indy's 11D. I wear the same size in both.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review Last post on 11/26/15 at 3:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boot Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:47am in Classic Menswear
- The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please Last post on 7/8/15 at 1:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 8
Styleforum Top Picks
^^^Great looking boots and great pics!
One question for you and Crane--what made you choose these over, for example the Alden Cordovan Indy boot with commando sole? I am looking, like Crane, for a light hiking boot that is cordovan and these 721's look great, but I can get a color 8 indy with commando sole for $50 less (and some may argue better quality).
Simple answer. We're a Wolverine dealer so I always opt to buy what I sell before buying another brand. Personally I'm one of those people who won't sell you something I don't believe in or wear personally.
I bought mine a few months ago. As you know, they run a little big, in the length. For this reason, I bought an 8.5 instead of my normal 9, but it's just a tad narrow for me. I just ordered another pair of 9s and looking to sell my 8.5s on here. I'm not sure how many posts I need before I can post in the Classifieds, though. Anyone know?
Cranes, thanks for all the useful advise with the leather care and such. I just received my pair earlier today and am very grateful to have found this thread.
I have read through each post and still have questions about the care. For weekend use that will see the occasional drink spill or puddle, does the boot require some form of waterproofing? Or is that strictly needed for the wet fields you frequent?
I plan to brush and condition prior to wear and wasn't sure about the waterproofing. I have found mixed opinions and want to make sure I go about it the right way because these things are nothing less than illustrious.
I just picked up a couple pairs of shoes recently and they are just back from the cobbler from having half soles applied. I opted to put a thinner sole protector on the 721s and a more aggressive Vibram Raptor half sole on the Chromexcel 1000 Mile boots.
I aquired one of the last 2 pairs of size 10 721s from Wolverine and couldn't be happier with the quality. I have never even considered posting about shoes but these boots are damn impressive. Here they are after a coat of Saphir Renovateur, Saphir cordovan polish, and Renaissance wax applied to the edges and a light coat applied to the leather itself.
Edited by Cayman09 - 2/20/12 at 6:11am
They had an almost dry appearance and not a deep rich cherry/mahogany color that I have seen on sites like Leffot and Unionmade. I brushed them on and off for a few days before any products were applied but it did little good. I would really like to see some pictures of the boots with some age on them.
After speaking with the Wolverine 721 specialist about the shoes I was told that there would be another cordovan limited edition 1000 mile boot coming within a few months. She would not specify what it would be but that it would be another limited run in cordovan number 8.
- Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- › JOHN ELLIOTT + CO Curve U-Neck / Black Large 47 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buttero Black Suede Side-Zips Sz. 9.5 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 4 minutes ago
- › Stark Beanie - S.N.S. Herning (Blue) 5 minutes ago
- › Layered Beanie - Silent by Damir Doma (Grey) 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories