or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 1692
Thread Starter 
We have taken orders over e-mail or the phone already, perfectly happy to do so. If there's anything you have seen in our various photos scattered over Styleforum, Facebook or our website, feel free to ask info@thearmoury.com
post #152 of 1692
Good stuff, I must drag myself to Central one of these days.
post #153 of 1692
Thread Starter 
Taken from our blog and recent newsletter:

How to Furl an Umbrella

Huw Griffith-Jones of Fox umbrellas, one of the finest umbrella makers in the world, recently stopped into The Armoury to check on the latest stockist of his company's fine products. Fox's fine umbrellas typically have a slim silhouette but it takes a certain know-how to maintain that tidy look. While Huw was in, he gave us a quick tutorial on how to properly fold an umbrella which we would like to share with you.

The first image is the before image. Messy, bulky and not terribly good for the umbrella in the long term. Carelessly curling up the umbrella will twist the ribs that hold out the canopy and eventually cause it to deform and possibly break. The correct way to furl is is:

1. Close the umbrella.
2. Wrap your hand around the metal points at the ends of the ribs to secure them and prevent them from twisting away as you furl the umbrella.
3. Canopies are pre-creased between the steel ribs. Pinch the top of a single crease and run your fingers along the crease towards the edge of the canopy while stretching the canopy's panel outwards.
4. Fold the panel over and around the shaft of the umbrella and hold it in place with your thumb.
5. Repeat for every panel. On our Fox's 8 rib steel or stick umbrellas, you would need to repeat the process 7 times.
6. Secure the canopy with the strap and button and you're done!

post #154 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfyf View Post
Taken from our blog and recent newsletter:

How to Furl an Umbrella

Huw Griffith-Jones of Fox umbrellas, one of the finest umbrella makers in the world, recently stopped into The Armoury to check on the latest stockist of his company's fine products. Fox's fine umbrellas typically have a slim silhouette but it takes a certain know-how to maintain that tidy look. While Huw was in, he gave us a quick tutorial on how to properly fold an umbrella which we would like to share with you.

The first image is the before image. Messy, bulky and not terribly good for the umbrella in the long term. Carelessly curling up the umbrella will twist the ribs that hold out the canopy and eventually cause it to deform and possibly break. The correct way to furl is is:

1. Close the umbrella.
2. Wrap your hand around the metal points at the ends of the ribs to secure them and prevent them from twisting away as you furl the umbrella.
3. Canopies are pre-creased between the steel ribs. Pinch the top of a single crease and run your fingers along the crease towards the edge of the canopy while stretching the canopy's panel outwards.
4. Fold the panel over and around the shaft of the umbrella and hold it in place with your thumb.
5. Repeat for every panel. On our Fox's 8 rib steel or stick umbrellas, you would need to repeat the process 7 times.
6. Secure the canopy with the strap and button and you're done!

Good tip!
post #155 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfyf View Post
5. Repeat for every panel. On our Fox's 8 rib steel or stick umbrellas, you would need to repeat the process 7 times.

Goddamn it.
post #156 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Goddamn it.

post #157 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Goddamn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post

Mind you, I'm going to go home and re-furl my umbrella. I just can't imagine doing it every time.
post #158 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfyf View Post
We have taken orders over e-mail or the phone already, perfectly happy to do so.

If there's anything you have seen in our various photos scattered over Styleforum, Facebook or our website, feel free to ask info@thearmoury.com

asked already for the carmina crocogator shoes you have on your fb! are these available?
post #159 of 1692
mmm.. pic of that? ^
post #160 of 1692
That's great news. Congrats you two! Wish I could be there for the opening. I'm sure it'll be spectacular. You both have such broad and excellent taste. I got to try on one of the suit coats by Ring Jacket


Option Poppers
post #161 of 1692
A fun visit to the Armoury this week - Alan is a great guy and super helpful - was even tolerant of young King Kong here trying his best to destroy the store! If you are in HKG, definitely stop buy and pick up some Carminas...beauties for sure...

Starting them young...



...Dad's spoils - Carmina suede wholecuts

post #162 of 1692
I'll be in HK/Macau over New Years. Must stop by...
post #163 of 1692
Those wholecuts are calling my name so badly. Siren sounds.

Do they fit tts? I'm not too familiar with the sizing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by blofeld View Post
A fun visit to the Armoury this week - Alan is a great guy and super helpful - was even tolerant of young King Kong here trying his best to destroy the store! If you are in HKG, definitely stop buy and pick up some Carminas...beauties for sure...

Starting them young...



...Dad's spoils - Carmina suede wholecuts

post #164 of 1692
Young King Kong has style.
post #165 of 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by blofeld View Post
...Dad's spoils - Carmina suede wholecuts


Lovely. Just lovely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread