or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Most common style mistakes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Most common style mistakes - Page 7

post #91 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
For me RO is the goto brand for leathers simply because of the sleeve length. I'm 6'4 but very slim and have very long arms. RO fits me absolutely perfectly whereas other brands in the same/similar price range do not.

I do agree the long sleeve is excellent for tall gents, has anyone compare the leather between Rick Owen and other leather brand such as Lewis Leather?
post #92 of 204
#1 Style mistake is not wearing your shit with confidence.

Style is 80% from within and 20% in what you wearing.

I have not seen any stylish person not carry this alpha as phuck aura.
post #93 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAboutPlaid View Post
This is a huge dilemma for me, because you are right. Admittedly, a big part of the reason I like to look good is for the ladies - but they would rather see a guy in cheesy jeans and an Affliction t-shirt.

I am not too sure with my following idea, but I do think women in their young age does not like their men to dress 'nice'. Firstly it attracts other woman's attention; Secondly it puts a pressure on the women to dress better each time. I am sorry to the female SF members, most UK girls are actually bad on their own fashion. Too tight skirt / Ugg in Summer / Hoodie / leggings in large posture are around every single British town, it is disgusting.

I do think unless your girl is 'very' well dress, the others can't take shit from a well dressed gent for some reason.
post #94 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post
I think ThatGuy is talking about Pink...as in Thomas Pink. Everyone else talking about the color pink.

Out of topic:

Are Thomas Pink shirts any nice? Or disastrous?

Pink Shirts are very nice if you match it well with your outfit, but I don't like pink shirt with white collar, especially button down, they look good on nobody
post #95 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post
I think ThatGuy is talking about Pink...as in Thomas Pink. Everyone else talking about the color pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post
I think that would actually make more sense (somehow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
Sheesh, that's really funny if he meant Thomas Pink.

Sorry ladies.

Pink shirts.

You think you're looking stylish and modern, yeah? Infact, it has been overly done and is very corny.

Oh snap!
post #96 of 204
Pants too low, creating way too much of a break. Wear it at the actual waistline!
post #97 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post
I am not too sure with my following idea, but I do think women in their young age does not like their men to dress 'nice'. Firstly it attracts other woman's attention; Secondly it puts a pressure on the women to dress better each time. I am sorry to the female SF members, most UK girls are actually bad on their own fashion. Too tight skirt / Ugg in Summer / Hoodie / leggings in large posture are around every single British town, it is disgusting.

I do think unless your girl is 'very' well dress, the others can't take shit from a well dressed gent for some reason.

I am lucky enough to be dating one of these illusive "well dressed" females. She always looks great and is very outspoken about how much she enjoys my attention to detail and passion for dressing well. That being said, everything she knows about "quality" menswear she has learned from dating me. Beforehand she would see a guy in a tailored H&M suit and think he was the belle of the ball without having any understanding of why a synthetic blend suit is an atrocious idea.

Being in my early twenties, I know I am lucky to be having the experience of dating a girl that thinks this way. But I will also say that living in the Southern US, most guys are a lot more prone to wearing collars and loafers as a default. The only difference is that while they opt for the double pleats and baggy dress shirts, I opt for well tailored clothing and superior fabrics. IMHO if you're standing in a line full of ill-tailored schlubs at a bar, being the one with well-fitting clothes makes you stand out far more to young women. Again, however, this may be a geographical symptom rather than a universal outlook.
post #98 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post
I am lucky enough to be dating one of these illusive "well dressed" females. She always looks great and is very outspoken about how much she enjoys my attention to detail and passion for dressing well. That being said, everything she knows about "quality" menswear she has learned from dating me. Beforehand she would see a guy in a tailored H&M suit and think he was the belle of the ball without having any understanding of why a synthetic blend suit is an atrocious idea.

Being in my early twenties, I know I am lucky to be having the experience of dating a girl that thinks this way. But I will also say that living in the Southern US, most guys are a lot more prone to wearing collars and loafers as a default. The only difference is that while they opt for the double pleats and baggy dress shirts, I opt for well tailored clothing and superior fabrics. IMHO if you're standing in a line full of ill-tailored schlubs at a bar, being the one with well-fitting clothes makes you stand out far more to young women. Again, however, this may be a geographical symptom rather than a universal outlook.

Well done on your 'find', I once purchase a Norwegian sole oxford for my ex. That is the only thing where she would realized construction prevails.
post #99 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post
I am lucky enough to be dating one of these illusive "well dressed" females. She always looks great and is very outspoken about how much she enjoys my attention to detail and passion for dressing well. That being said, everything she knows about "quality" menswear she has learned from dating me. Beforehand she would see a guy in a tailored H&M suit and think he was the belle of the ball without having any understanding of why a synthetic blend suit is an atrocious idea.

Being in my early twenties, I know I am lucky to be having the experience of dating a girl that thinks this way.
But I will also say that living in the Southern US, most guys are a lot more prone to wearing collars and loafers as a default. The only difference is that while they opt for the double pleats and baggy dress shirts, I opt for well tailored clothing and superior fabrics. IMHO if you're standing in a line full of ill-tailored schlubs at a bar, being the one with well-fitting clothes makes you stand out far more to young women. Again, however, this may be a geographical symptom rather than a universal outlook.

You won't be saying this when you have to start buying shit for her.
post #100 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
You won't be saying this when you have to start buying shit for her.

This is probably very true. At press time she finances all her own looks. She comes from a considerable amount of wealth so hopefully her bloodline will finance the majority of her indulgences. However, perhaps I'll turn to the Powers that Be on SF when contemplating a more serious purchase in the future.
post #101 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
You won't be saying this when you have to start buying shit for her.

post #102 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Sorry ladies.

Pink shirts.

You think you're looking stylish and modern, yeah? Infact, it has been overly done and is very corny.

Oh snap!

As long as you look good in them , who cares if it's corny or not...

George Clooney is wearing black suits and I don't think many women are coming to him to tell him it is not the thing to do.
post #103 of 204
Pink shirts coupled with too many patterns in one combination:

post #104 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Sorry ladies.

Pink shirts.

You think you're looking stylish and modern, yeah? Infact, it has been overly done and is very corny.

Oh snap!

That would rather depend if you were wearing them to make some sort of statement or because you think it makes you look like Jude Law in that crappy Alfie remake or some other crap or because you have always worn them and they fit in with the colour scheme of the rest of your clobber and don't regard wearing pink as a big deal
post #105 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post
Being in my early twenties, I know I am lucky to be having the experience of dating a girl that thinks this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
You won't be saying this when you have to start buying shit for her.

I disagree, It is inconceivable that Patrick would need to buy everything she needs at their later relationship stage. I will think most man are required to buy her occasional present. In Patrick's case, his behalf will enjoy the high quality stuff that Patrick buys. Much enjoyable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Most common style mistakes