or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Most common style mistakes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Most common style mistakes - Page 10

post #136 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.orange View Post
Really? Could you wear Ed Hardy and still be confident?
When one dons proud The Ed Hardy It's not confidence It's fool-hardy -- Anonymous True story.
post #137 of 204
Regarding sleeve labels. I had literally an entire table of friends try to tell me those dumb cashmere labels are supposed to remain on. No way in hell would I do that.
post #138 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian Afro View Post
I don't know what the Africans were thinking, but lots of Chinese from Mainland China do this to show off the brands of suits they bought. For them, the tag on the sleeve is a badge of honour for brand chasers. I think this practice is on the wane, though. Think Hermes Man.
I invite you all to meet Laxdn Man, seen here at his own wedding... Attachment 66333 I think the tag reads 'LAXDN Pour Homme'.
LL
post #139 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post
When one dons proud
The Ed Hardy
It's not confidences
It's fool-hardy
-- Anonymous

True story.

damn right.

I remember a GQ issue where they interviewed Christian Audgier (I don't care enought to google search his name) and it was interesting to read, not because he's such a great designer but, beacause he was such an airhead and so narcissistic that it made me want to throw up. Can you believe people actually want to buy his shit? It's absurd. For $60 a tee with horrible graphics, I'd rather give my money away.
post #140 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post
I invite you all to meet Laxdn Man, seen here at his own wedding...
Attachment 66333
I think the tag reads 'LAXDN Pour Homme'.

You'd think on his wedding day people would at least refrain from shooting BBs at his shoulder.
post #141 of 204
I try to avoid judging other people by their clothing. These are my "pet peeves" - at least the ones I can think of off the type of my head - and have been since long before SF:

- White socks with anything other than athletic shoes
- Socks with shorts (casually)
- Grossly underdressing at "dressy" events (i.e., the person who wore a Celtics jersey to a graduation ceremony)
- Sneakers with suits
post #142 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasakka View Post
#1 Too big suits. Especially Africans here are guilty of this, but I think it must be that they're used to really hot places where roomy clothes can keep you cooler. Many of them are also quite poor so they've probably picked up their clothes from a thrift store, thus not much chance for sizing. But for anyone else it's nothing but not knowing how to get something in a proper size.


How have more people not called out this ignorant statement?
post #143 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzacx View Post
How have more people not called out this ignorant statement?

Because he is an obvious troll.
post #144 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post
I invite you all to meet Laxdn Man, seen here at his own wedding...
Attachment 66333
I think the tag reads 'LAXDN Pour Homme'.

what is that stuff that looks like BB's on that jacket? That label is a monstrosity.
post #145 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrhye View Post
Regarding sleeve labels. I had literally an entire table of friends try to tell me those dumb cashmere labels are supposed to remain on. No way in hell would I do that.
You sir need new friends.
post #146 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenahan View Post
what is that stuff that looks like BB's on that jacket?
His wedding rose... Attachment 66410 ..as I was 'best man', I had to wear one as well. Want to see more of the happy day? Go here... http://gallery.me.com/gomem#100104&b...lack&view=grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenahan View Post
That label is a monstrosity.
Welcome to the land of shiny suits and brand whores.
LL
post #147 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzacx View Post
How have more people not called out this ignorant statement?
I'm sorry but it's not ignorant. The majority of African (yes, people who are actually from Africa) people here are refugees from countries like Somalia etc. where the standard of living is much lower than here. Obviously there are exceptions but that doesn't change the fact that many Africans who come to Finland have got next to nothing upon arrival. If you were thinking I was speaking of the US and African-Americans then read again.
post #148 of 204
looks like it's a LANVIN. Anyway, that's one shiny suit ... he must a a tropical music performer ...
post #149 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasakka View Post
I'm sorry but it's not ignorant. The majority of African (yes, people who are actually from Africa) people here are refugees from countries like Somalia etc. where the standard of living is much lower than here. Obviously there are exceptions but that doesn't change the fact that many Africans who come to Finland have got next to nothing upon arrival.

If you were thinking I was speaking of the US and African-Americans then read again.

They're moving to Finland...

That must be a cultural shock...
post #150 of 204
One photo...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Most common style mistakes