or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › The best show on television
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The best show on television

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
GQ says it's The Wire, and after finishing Season Three on DVD, it's hard for me to argue with that assessment. More than any show I've seen, The Wire unfolds like a novel, with a complex and thought-provoking storyline expertly weaving together fifty-something characters. It doesn't provide the immediate gratification of most television shows, but rather rewards the patient viewer with a much richer experience. I highly recommend checking it out.
post #2 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
GQ says it's The Wire, and after finishing Season Three on DVD, it's hard for me to argue with that assessment. More than any show I've seen, The Wire unfolds like a novel, with a complex and thought-provoking storyline expertly weaving together fifty-something characters. It doesn't provide the immediate gratification of most television shows, but rather rewards the patient viewer with a much richer experience. I highly recommend checking it out.


I agree. Can't wait til next Sunday!!
post #3 of 28
Seconded! or Thirded! or whatever. Just watch it. Great stuff.
post #4 of 28
Not She Spies?
post #5 of 28
If you have digital cable, they're premiering The Wire episodes in the OnDemand section (or whatever... I have Comcast). Watched the first episode of the new season yesterday
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
If you have digital cable, they're premiering The Wire episodes in the OnDemand section (or whatever... I have Comcast). Watched the first episode of the new season yesterday

Really? I'll have to check that out tonight!
post #7 of 28
I just think it sucks that stringer had to die. It won't be as good without him. The wire is definitely the best drama, but curb your enthusiasm is the best comedy. I love 24 as well, but Seasons 1-3 were the best. I miss Nina.
post #8 of 28
...
post #9 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
If you have digital cable, they're premiering The Wire episodes in the OnDemand section (or whatever... I have Comcast). Watched the first episode of the new season yesterday


Are you sure that you saw an episode from the new season? I checked tonight and only saw old episodes.
post #10 of 28
I want to watch NASUBI
post #11 of 28
I've seen about half a season (I think #2 or #3), and I just couldn't get hooked. I tried. I never seemed to care about a single character over another. I never really knew their motivations for their actions.. I guess you have to start from the beginning or not at all.
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnupe7
Are you sure that you saw an episode from the new season? I checked tonight and only saw old episodes.

My On Demand has the new season's first episode (I have Comcast also). I watched it last night. Thanks for the tip shoreman. Excellent first episode, BTW.
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ
My On Demand has the new season's first episode (I have Comcast also). I watched it last night. Thanks for the tip shoreman. Excellent first episode, BTW.


WTF? I have Comcast also. Maybe I overlooked it. I'll check again tonight.
post #14 of 28
Funny, my brother always tried to get me to watch it and I couldnt get into it after a few episodes. Until one lazy day I laid on my couch watching OnDemand and decided to watch The Wire reruns. I started mid season (i think 2) and went backward to the begining, back forward to where I started and to the end) I think its a fantastic show. Im suprised it doesnt get as much hype as Deadwood or Entourage.
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
If you have digital cable, they're premiering The Wire episodes in the OnDemand section (or whatever... I have Comcast). Watched the first episode of the new season yesterday

The Practice with McDermitt

Watch WWE 24/7
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › The best show on television