or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The fine line between dressing like an old man and a sharp GQ/Esquire guy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The fine line between dressing like an old man and a sharp GQ/Esquire guy. - Page 6

post #76 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
^^ Certainly one of the best, but Vox has several others of this caliber

I don't know if one of the best, but it kind of "condenses" a lot of what is going on on SF...
post #77 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe View Post

You look like your pants are pulled up to your tits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Or to the mall for exercise.


You have the body shape of an old man, and the fit of that outfit is not helping to dispel that image. You simply cannot hide the fact that your way out of shape. Your body is the foundation for your clothes, and your foundation is crap.

Sign up and log in at MAB. Ask for some help and you will be talking to serious people who can help you.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php

That forum is not full of BS.
post #78 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevolving View Post
Also, the pants are low rise, and slung around my hips.
No way they fit any slimmer.
They're low rise b/w 10 and 11 inches.
The Mabitex have more rise than the BR pants.

As an FYI - a rise of 10 - 11" isn't low rise. That's mid-rise. Low rise would be around 8.5 - 9.5".
post #79 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou View Post
Sign up and log in at MAB. Ask for some help and you will be talking to serious people who can help you.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php

That forum is not full of BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
As an FYI - a rise of 10 - 11" isn't low rise. That's mid-rise. Low rise would be around 8.5 - 9.5".

How many grams of protein shake should OP drink for each inch of trouser rise?




- B
post #80 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou View Post
You have the body shape of an old man, and the fit of that outfit is not helping to dispel that image. You simply cannot hide the fact that your way out of shape. Your body is the foundation for your clothes, and your foundation is crap.

Sign up and log in at MAB. Ask for some help and you will be talking to serious people who can help you.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php

That forum is not full of BS.

Can you really determine the shape the OP is in from these photos? I see that he is not Schwarzenegger, but I cannot say that it is clearly a "body shape of an old man". Also, sometimes people adopt strange postures when taking photos.
post #81 of 519
The OP's fits need work, but a lot of replies in this thread are just plain mean spirited.


OP: If those trousers are low-rise, slim-fit, you may have the wrong size. Also, if you plan on doing MC-approved, young edgy (oxymoron?), you've got to incorporate some sw&d elements. To go full-on mc, and make it look youthful, you need to be either:

a) A model
b) Italian
c) a hipster
d) black

Those looks are only hip if they're somehow subverted. You play them too straight.
post #82 of 519
I am definitely on the old man side of this line, but then I am old.
post #83 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
How many grams of protein shake should OP drink for each inch of trouser rise?

If you really want to talk about nutrition we can. As a good general diet of a way to eat, I like the Paleo style diet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by epa View Post
Can you really determine the shape the OP is in from these photos?

Yes, to my eye he needs to change his body shape. To be fair though he's not much worse than a lot of younger people I see these days.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I am definitely on the old man side of this line, but then I am old.

What do you consider old?
post #84 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa View Post
I don't know if one of the best, but it kind of "condenses" a lot of what is going around on SF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The OP's fits need work, but a lot of replies in this thread are just plain mean spirited.

+1

OP is raising a question that i'm sure many others want to ask but don't have the guts to... in part, because of the avalanche of dickhead responses they know they'll get.
post #85 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Dark jeans can't hide a shuffling walk and whistling dentures.

I can't decide if you're a dick, or fucking hilarious. I'm leaning towards hilarious. So good job.
post #86 of 519
^^ With Vox there is no difference ....
post #87 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I am definitely on the old man side of this line, but then I am old.
Me too. I had to laugh. The angst! The angst! Oh, the humanity! When you get old enough to realize that making sure you have a full roll of Tums in your pocket before you go out on the town is more important than what some witless Miss thinks, life will finally come into perspective.
post #88 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou View Post
If you really want to talk about nutrition we can. As a good general diet of a way to eat, I like the Paleo style diet?

I might have my geologic periods mixed up, but didn't this diet end poorly for the dinosaurs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
I can't decide if you're a dick, or fucking hilarious. I'm leaning towards hilarious. So good job.

Don't worry. You will have plenty of time to re-evaluate.


- B
post #89 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
When you get old enough to realize that making sure you have a full roll of Tums in your pocket before you go out on the town is more important than what some witless Miss thinks, life will finally come into perspective.

Tums and Tuck's Take-a-Longs. The Two Ts.

Regular dry toilet paper is for the birds.


- B
post #90 of 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I might have my geologic periods mixed up, but didn't this diet end poorly for the dinosaurs?
- B
No. Spend some time reading.



http://www.thepaleodiet.com/faqs/

http://www.paleodiet.com/


This site is pretty big with a lot of info to sift through, but has a lot of good information.

http://westonaprice.org/healthtopics.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The fine line between dressing like an old man and a sharp GQ/Esquire guy.