- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina Frankenstitch blucher scotch grain commando 7.5 UK Last post on Today at 12:41 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Edward Green Ecton Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Carmina grey suede Chelsea boots Soller last 7 UK Last post on Today at 12:34 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Alden Unlined Chukka Boots Snuff 11.5E Last post on Today at 12:20 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WTB Crockett & Jones Tassel Loafers 7.5 or RL Marlow 8e 8.5d Last post on Today at 12:18 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Samuel Windsor" Shoes?? - Page 3
I have purchased 3 pairs of SW shoes.
Although my experience with 'good' shoes is limited I have so far found nothing wrong with the SW shoes.
They are comfy and serve their purpose very well, and I can't argue with £35 per pair.
I would say they are a great shoe if you are working to a budget. Not everyone can afford to part with the prices requested from the likes of Church's or Loakes, yet still need a good looking functional simple styled shoe.
I bought brown suede brogues from Windsor. They were without doubt the cheapest suede I'd ever had. Bits of suede pulled off
as I brushed them. I realized immediately that these were nothing more than cheap Third World Country shoes, which in the country of manufacture, can be bought for a mere pittance compared to that being charged for them here. I have three pairs of what Windsor are calling ( Derby Prestige ) and charging £45 for. I bought them on Ebay They were being sold under the name of Maverick. And can still be bought. I bought a Black, Brown and Grey pair. I paid £19.99. Later I saw them on Ebay for as little £14.99 a pair. All Third World of course. But at the price I paid they were a good buy.
first I am great full and much appreciate the efforts for all that share their purchase experience here, it's been useful to read and get information about others purchase experiences.
however reading the contribution about shoes and Samuel Windsor in particular left me worried, I have ordered 4 pair of different style to be shipped overseas( where I am currently posted) and they are yet to be delivered but reading all about the negativity of the Shoes left me worried of the amount of money I have invested in shoes price and shipping cost. was it worth it ? I don't know. as much I found the writing is useful and helpful for other to read before they purchase, I do hope that if SW is somehow are monitoring this can approve their products and level up their quality level.
thanks for every one shared his experience.
I have a pair of Joseph Cheaney, a pair of Loakes, a pair of Church's and a pair of Tricker's. So, thinking I know a good pair of shoes when I see one I couldn't resist when a drinking buddy came in the pub and asked me if I wanted to buy a pair of Handmade English shoes by Clifford James. I replied that it depended on the size and the price. "11 and a half and you can have them for a fiver"...... turns out he'd bought them from a local charity shop for a fiver. I jumped at the chance seeing as they were so cheap and my size....... Big Big Big Big Big mistake!!!! They have literally fallen apart at the seams. I'm not bothered about the shoes falling apart or the fiver I unwisely invested in them but I am bothered that they can be marketed as handmade in England!
Discredits the rest of the best quality English shoes.
The Cheaney's are the best shoes I have by the way!
- › Wool/Cashmere Dress Pants - 33-34W (Corneliani x PRL, BR Monogram) 39 seconds ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 1 minute ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Black suitcase with Brown dress shoes? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding