- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- ALDEN Shell Cordovan Boots US 10.5 C Last post on Yesterday at 3:32 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- FS: Maison Margiela White Hi Top GATS Size 44.5 (45) Last post on Yesterday at 2:57 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- CARMINA Saddle / Whiskey Shell Cordovan Rain Last Shortwings. UK 9.5 / US 10.5 Last post on Yesterday at 11:04 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling 9.5E UK 10D US MH71 Gable Vintage Oak Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WTB: Alden Rare Shell Indy Boot - 8.5D/9D Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Samuel Windsor" Shoes?? - Page 3
Styleforum Top Picks
I have purchased 3 pairs of SW shoes.
Although my experience with 'good' shoes is limited I have so far found nothing wrong with the SW shoes.
They are comfy and serve their purpose very well, and I can't argue with £35 per pair.
I would say they are a great shoe if you are working to a budget. Not everyone can afford to part with the prices requested from the likes of Church's or Loakes, yet still need a good looking functional simple styled shoe.
I bought brown suede brogues from Windsor. They were without doubt the cheapest suede I'd ever had. Bits of suede pulled off
as I brushed them. I realized immediately that these were nothing more than cheap Third World Country shoes, which in the country of manufacture, can be bought for a mere pittance compared to that being charged for them here. I have three pairs of what Windsor are calling ( Derby Prestige ) and charging £45 for. I bought them on Ebay They were being sold under the name of Maverick. And can still be bought. I bought a Black, Brown and Grey pair. I paid £19.99. Later I saw them on Ebay for as little £14.99 a pair. All Third World of course. But at the price I paid they were a good buy.
first I am great full and much appreciate the efforts for all that share their purchase experience here, it's been useful to read and get information about others purchase experiences.
however reading the contribution about shoes and Samuel Windsor in particular left me worried, I have ordered 4 pair of different style to be shipped overseas( where I am currently posted) and they are yet to be delivered but reading all about the negativity of the Shoes left me worried of the amount of money I have invested in shoes price and shipping cost. was it worth it ? I don't know. as much I found the writing is useful and helpful for other to read before they purchase, I do hope that if SW is somehow are monitoring this can approve their products and level up their quality level.
thanks for every one shared his experience.
I have a pair of Joseph Cheaney, a pair of Loakes, a pair of Church's and a pair of Tricker's. So, thinking I know a good pair of shoes when I see one I couldn't resist when a drinking buddy came in the pub and asked me if I wanted to buy a pair of Handmade English shoes by Clifford James. I replied that it depended on the size and the price. "11 and a half and you can have them for a fiver"...... turns out he'd bought them from a local charity shop for a fiver. I jumped at the chance seeing as they were so cheap and my size....... Big Big Big Big Big mistake!!!! They have literally fallen apart at the seams. I'm not bothered about the shoes falling apart or the fiver I unwisely invested in them but I am bothered that they can be marketed as handmade in England!
Discredits the rest of the best quality English shoes.
The Cheaney's are the best shoes I have by the way!
- "Samuel Windsor" Shoes??
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?