- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- RED WING Handsewn leather boat Oxford w/ Vibram sole SHIP FREE! US 9 / Last post on Today at 6:48 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Truman Boots BNIB Snuff Waxy Mohawk - Size 8 Last post on Today at 3:04 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden Kudu Indy Boots AF64 Size 8E Last post on Today at 2:21 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Ruby Shell Cordovan Carmina Captoe Size 8 UK/9 US Queens Last Last post on Today at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Raf Simons Derby - size 44 Last post on Today at 11:17 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Samuel Windsor" Shoes?? - Page 3
I have purchased 3 pairs of SW shoes.
Although my experience with 'good' shoes is limited I have so far found nothing wrong with the SW shoes.
They are comfy and serve their purpose very well, and I can't argue with £35 per pair.
I would say they are a great shoe if you are working to a budget. Not everyone can afford to part with the prices requested from the likes of Church's or Loakes, yet still need a good looking functional simple styled shoe.
I bought brown suede brogues from Windsor. They were without doubt the cheapest suede I'd ever had. Bits of suede pulled off
as I brushed them. I realized immediately that these were nothing more than cheap Third World Country shoes, which in the country of manufacture, can be bought for a mere pittance compared to that being charged for them here. I have three pairs of what Windsor are calling ( Derby Prestige ) and charging £45 for. I bought them on Ebay They were being sold under the name of Maverick. And can still be bought. I bought a Black, Brown and Grey pair. I paid £19.99. Later I saw them on Ebay for as little £14.99 a pair. All Third World of course. But at the price I paid they were a good buy.
first I am great full and much appreciate the efforts for all that share their purchase experience here, it's been useful to read and get information about others purchase experiences.
however reading the contribution about shoes and Samuel Windsor in particular left me worried, I have ordered 4 pair of different style to be shipped overseas( where I am currently posted) and they are yet to be delivered but reading all about the negativity of the Shoes left me worried of the amount of money I have invested in shoes price and shipping cost. was it worth it ? I don't know. as much I found the writing is useful and helpful for other to read before they purchase, I do hope that if SW is somehow are monitoring this can approve their products and level up their quality level.
thanks for every one shared his experience.
I have a pair of Joseph Cheaney, a pair of Loakes, a pair of Church's and a pair of Tricker's. So, thinking I know a good pair of shoes when I see one I couldn't resist when a drinking buddy came in the pub and asked me if I wanted to buy a pair of Handmade English shoes by Clifford James. I replied that it depended on the size and the price. "11 and a half and you can have them for a fiver"...... turns out he'd bought them from a local charity shop for a fiver. I jumped at the chance seeing as they were so cheap and my size....... Big Big Big Big Big mistake!!!! They have literally fallen apart at the seams. I'm not bothered about the shoes falling apart or the fiver I unwisely invested in them but I am bothered that they can be marketed as handmade in England!
Discredits the rest of the best quality English shoes.
The Cheaney's are the best shoes I have by the way!
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 10 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 19 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 28 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 56 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding