- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- FT(US): WOMENS YEEZY 950 BOOTS MOONROCK SIZE 8.5 FOR 8 Last post on Today at 10:39 am in Other Classifieds
- Meermin Cognac Shell Cordovan LWB - Size 8.5UK Rui Last Last post on Today at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Viberg x Styleforum Blue Collar Shit Kicker - Size 7.5 110 last Last post on Today at 8:02 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- WANTED: Alden boots and shoes size 8D Barrie or equivalent Last post on Today at 5:36 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Sands Loafer Size 11B Last post on Yesterday at 11:10 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Samuel Windsor" Shoes?? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
I got them for Â£70 the pair through an offer in either the Times or Telegraph.
I have to say I'm very happy with them.
Although I don't wear them on a daily basis they are supremely comfortable and are wearing well considering I'm a hefty chap.
Yes they are made in India but for me they are excellent vfm and I find them far more comfortable than the last 2 pairs of Loakes.
If I'm picky, the chukka boots feel as if the sole is a bit thin and give the occassional squeek but both these and my penny loafers are still going strong.
Btw any future buyers should swerve the official SW website as they're still charging Â£100 a pair.
If you go via newspaper websites such as The Mirror then you'll pick up the same two pair for Â£60..
However there is something about the 'cut' (?) compared to say a Loake boot - they seemvless defined down the centre - they just lack something.
But I guess it's the age old saying 'you get what you pay for' !
I would say don't bother! The rubber sole split on both shoes on a pair my husband had. Not worn much either. Samuel Windsor's after sales service is based on give the customer as hard a time as possible so they will get sick of trying...
The shoes are cheap to buy and cheaply made so don't be fooled by the "classy" marketing.
Their marketing and the free this and that with the shoes looks very promising, as do the prices BUT...
My experience is that both the shoes and the company's customer service are really poor quality. I bought suits from them too and am waiting to find our if they fall apart. I hope you learn by my mistakes!
- "Samuel Windsor" Shoes??
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 21 seconds ago
- › Tumi Men's Wallet quality? 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 7 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories