- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Visvim FBT Lhamo-Folk in Black Last post on Today at 1:50 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Trickers ROY Navy Shell Cordovan Boot Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Marketplace
- AMERICAN MADE BOOTS (Quoddy, Wolverine, Red Wing... ) PURGE Last post on Yesterday at 7:17 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Vass 11-11.5 Last post on Today at 1:01 am in Marketplace
- Epaulet cromo mocha trainers Last post on Yesterday at 1:26 pm in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
"Samuel Windsor" Shoes?? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
I got them for Â£70 the pair through an offer in either the Times or Telegraph.
I have to say I'm very happy with them.
Although I don't wear them on a daily basis they are supremely comfortable and are wearing well considering I'm a hefty chap.
Yes they are made in India but for me they are excellent vfm and I find them far more comfortable than the last 2 pairs of Loakes.
If I'm picky, the chukka boots feel as if the sole is a bit thin and give the occassional squeek but both these and my penny loafers are still going strong.
Btw any future buyers should swerve the official SW website as they're still charging Â£100 a pair.
If you go via newspaper websites such as The Mirror then you'll pick up the same two pair for Â£60..
However there is something about the 'cut' (?) compared to say a Loake boot - they seemvless defined down the centre - they just lack something.
But I guess it's the age old saying 'you get what you pay for' !
I would say don't bother! The rubber sole split on both shoes on a pair my husband had. Not worn much either. Samuel Windsor's after sales service is based on give the customer as hard a time as possible so they will get sick of trying...
The shoes are cheap to buy and cheaply made so don't be fooled by the "classy" marketing.
Their marketing and the free this and that with the shoes looks very promising, as do the prices BUT...
My experience is that both the shoes and the company's customer service are really poor quality. I bought suits from them too and am waiting to find our if they fall apart. I hope you learn by my mistakes!
- "Samuel Windsor" Shoes??
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › No show loafer socks 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › A Plea for Help - Wardrobe Creation 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015