- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Edward Green Malvern II Dark Oak Antique & White Golf Shoes 10 UK 10.5 US Retail $1,350 Last post on Yesterday at 11:33 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Almost new shell color 8 AE MacNeils size 9C Last post on Yesterday at 1:04 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Shoes from Gaziano & Girling, RLPL x Edward Green & G&G and Santoni Goodyear... Last post on Yesterday at 12:03 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Brooks Brothers Calfskin Leather Laceups in Black, Size 10 Last post on Yesterday at 11:33 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Mora 2.0 Bourbon 8D. New other Last post on Yesterday at 10:47 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Samuel Windsor" Shoes?? - Page 2
I got them for Â£70 the pair through an offer in either the Times or Telegraph.
I have to say I'm very happy with them.
Although I don't wear them on a daily basis they are supremely comfortable and are wearing well considering I'm a hefty chap.
Yes they are made in India but for me they are excellent vfm and I find them far more comfortable than the last 2 pairs of Loakes.
If I'm picky, the chukka boots feel as if the sole is a bit thin and give the occassional squeek but both these and my penny loafers are still going strong.
Btw any future buyers should swerve the official SW website as they're still charging Â£100 a pair.
If you go via newspaper websites such as The Mirror then you'll pick up the same two pair for Â£60..
However there is something about the 'cut' (?) compared to say a Loake boot - they seemvless defined down the centre - they just lack something.
But I guess it's the age old saying 'you get what you pay for' !
I would say don't bother! The rubber sole split on both shoes on a pair my husband had. Not worn much either. Samuel Windsor's after sales service is based on give the customer as hard a time as possible so they will get sick of trying...
The shoes are cheap to buy and cheaply made so don't be fooled by the "classy" marketing.
Their marketing and the free this and that with the shoes looks very promising, as do the prices BUT...
My experience is that both the shoes and the company's customer service are really poor quality. I bought suits from them too and am waiting to find our if they fall apart. I hope you learn by my mistakes!
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 55 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Stroller (the baby kind) 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 20 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 21 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 24 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts