- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- WTS : Alden Indy 405 - Calf leather - 6D Last post on Today at 8:47 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Nike Air Moc Ultra Black 9 Last post on Yesterday at 6:21 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Robert Geller Common Projects Chelsea Boot Black 41 Last post on Yesterday at 6:17 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- ALDEN CIGAR SHELL LHS BNIB - 11D Last post on Yesterday at 2:11 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Dr. Martens 8 Hole US 10 Last post on Yesterday at 11:36 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Samuel Windsor" Shoes?? - Page 2
I got them for Â£70 the pair through an offer in either the Times or Telegraph.
I have to say I'm very happy with them.
Although I don't wear them on a daily basis they are supremely comfortable and are wearing well considering I'm a hefty chap.
Yes they are made in India but for me they are excellent vfm and I find them far more comfortable than the last 2 pairs of Loakes.
If I'm picky, the chukka boots feel as if the sole is a bit thin and give the occassional squeek but both these and my penny loafers are still going strong.
Btw any future buyers should swerve the official SW website as they're still charging Â£100 a pair.
If you go via newspaper websites such as The Mirror then you'll pick up the same two pair for Â£60..
However there is something about the 'cut' (?) compared to say a Loake boot - they seemvless defined down the centre - they just lack something.
But I guess it's the age old saying 'you get what you pay for' !
I would say don't bother! The rubber sole split on both shoes on a pair my husband had. Not worn much either. Samuel Windsor's after sales service is based on give the customer as hard a time as possible so they will get sick of trying...
The shoes are cheap to buy and cheaply made so don't be fooled by the "classy" marketing.
Their marketing and the free this and that with the shoes looks very promising, as do the prices BUT...
My experience is that both the shoes and the company's customer service are really poor quality. I bought suits from them too and am waiting to find our if they fall apart. I hope you learn by my mistakes!
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 19 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 29 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Question about Unlined Gloves 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...