- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- BNIB Carlos Santos Balmoral Boot in brown patina Last post on Today at 2:56 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BNIB Vass Old English II in Antic Cognac calf Last post on Today at 2:47 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- CROCKETT AND JONES CHADWICK EXPRESSO CALF SUEDE UK11/US12 Last post on Today at 12:22 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden whiskey LWB and hunt green boot Last post on Yesterday at 11:43 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Crockett & Jones Cigar boot and blucher 10E Last post on Yesterday at 11:39 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
"Samuel Windsor" Shoes?? - Page 2
I got them for Â£70 the pair through an offer in either the Times or Telegraph.
I have to say I'm very happy with them.
Although I don't wear them on a daily basis they are supremely comfortable and are wearing well considering I'm a hefty chap.
Yes they are made in India but for me they are excellent vfm and I find them far more comfortable than the last 2 pairs of Loakes.
If I'm picky, the chukka boots feel as if the sole is a bit thin and give the occassional squeek but both these and my penny loafers are still going strong.
Btw any future buyers should swerve the official SW website as they're still charging Â£100 a pair.
If you go via newspaper websites such as The Mirror then you'll pick up the same two pair for Â£60..
However there is something about the 'cut' (?) compared to say a Loake boot - they seemvless defined down the centre - they just lack something.
But I guess it's the age old saying 'you get what you pay for' !
I would say don't bother! The rubber sole split on both shoes on a pair my husband had. Not worn much either. Samuel Windsor's after sales service is based on give the customer as hard a time as possible so they will get sick of trying...
The shoes are cheap to buy and cheaply made so don't be fooled by the "classy" marketing.
Their marketing and the free this and that with the shoes looks very promising, as do the prices BUT...
My experience is that both the shoes and the company's customer service are really poor quality. I bought suits from them too and am waiting to find our if they fall apart. I hope you learn by my mistakes!
- › Mazzarelli Fit - Their Standard Shirts? 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Flight Jacket (size M) 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 15 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 18 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire (size S) 24 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 42 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...