or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Three Best Stores Bologna
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Three Best Stores Bologna

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Will be in Bologna in a few weeks. Any great men's clothing or other stores to recommend?
post #2 of 15
Dante De Paz's store is great for English-style stuff, and especially for cloth. Lots of vintage material, possibly the best selection in Italy. Not cheap (for cloth). Address is via Ugo Bassi 4/d, 40121 Bologna, Italy. Tel. +39 051 231354 ‎
post #3 of 15
There're a few trad gents stores in the centre. A nice one on Via Farini near the Galleria Mall (with all the Gucci type bling shops) . Can't remember name. There's Peron bespoke shoe shop on via Galleria. Plenty of other sartorie up small side streets; not big names but small outfits which can be found by small plates next to door.
Non-clothing:
Eataly just off pza Maggiore. A nice restaurant on via de Carbonesi, 8 , Cesari (far end of Farini)

There's a friendly tourist info on Pza Maggiore.
post #4 of 15
post #5 of 15
right off of the main square (independence or republic) are several fantastic cloth stores - on the side farther away from the railroad station are a couple that sell shirtings, on the side closer to the railway station are a couple that sell suiting.


by the way - eat at resteraunt diana. seriously, do not miss it.

have - mortadella, tortellini in broth, bolito misto, and then the homemade vanilla icecream

enjoy
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
These are great suggestions thank you all.

Any other suggestions for things to do or see around Bologna? We will be there 3 days. Suggestions beyond the city in the country-side would be appreciated.
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
I am heading to Milan as well. I came across this style blog that was very helpful http://permanentstyle.blogspot.com/2...und-milan.html
post #8 of 15
Make sure to stop by Oscar Meyer's boutique just off via de cappicola. When on the best experiences you will have in Bologna.
post #9 of 15
Oh, and I forgot Cometa Cravatte 1972 (via Savanella, 1/e, Bologna, Tel. 051.334021). Bespoke and RTW ties. Some pics: http://www.noveporte.it/portico/cometa_im.htm
post #10 of 15
You talk about something to do outside of the city:
on a hill overlooking the city, to the south, is a huge Cathedral or church. Great views on a nice day. You can walk up to it from the centre, under a porticoed path. As you know this is the city of porticoes
post #11 of 15
If you want something else than ties and dress shirts, then Protec may be worth a visit.


http://www.protecbologna.com/

They have a flickr acount too - http://www.flickr.com/photos/protec/
post #12 of 15
Would anyone be willing to proxy something for me from Protec?
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
Dante De Paz's store is great for English-style stuff, and especially for cloth. Lots of vintage material, possibly the best selection in Italy. Not cheap (for cloth). Address is via Ugo Bassi 4/d, 40121 Bologna, Italy. Tel. +39 051 231354 ‎

Stopped in and they had a fantastic selection. However, I had just come from the Middlands in the UK and London so I already had my dose of English country style shopping, but it was a beautiful assortment. Actually was as good or better than just about anything in London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britalian View Post
There're a few trad gents stores in the centre. A nice one on Via Farini near the Galleria Mall (with all the Gucci type bling shops) . Can't remember name. There's Peron bespoke shoe shop on via Galleria. Plenty of other sartorie up small side streets; not big names but small outfits which can be found by small plates next to door.
Non-clothing:
Eataly just off pza Maggiore. A nice restaurant on via de Carbonesi, 8 , Cesari (far end of Farini)

There's a friendly tourist info on Pza Maggiore.

Yes Cesari is a gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
right off of the main square (independence or republic) are several fantastic cloth stores - on the side farther away from the railroad station are a couple that sell shirtings, on the side closer to the railway station are a couple that sell suiting.


by the way - eat at resteraunt diana. seriously, do not miss it.

have - mortadella, tortellini in broth, bolito misto, and then the homemade vanilla icecream

enjoy

You are right about the cloth and shirting stores, there must have been at least half a dozen if not more. Didn't make it to Diana but we had our best meal in Italy (including Milan) at Rodrigo. They are known for their fresh seafood and the staff was so warm and charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Make sure to stop by Oscar Meyer's boutique just off via de cappicola. When on the best experiences you will have in Bologna.

I kept asking everyone I met for Oscar's and they all gave me a funny look. I guess I need to work on my Italian?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Britalian View Post
You talk about something to do outside of the city:
on a hill overlooking the city, to the south, is a huge Cathedral or church. Great views on a nice day. You can walk up to it from the centre, under a porticoed path. As you know this is the city of porticoes

We toured outside the city at a Parmigianno Reggiano co-op (heavenly) a balsamic vinegar maker using starter that his father purchased in 1947 and then an organic winery to eat and drink.






Bologna is a wonderful place to hang out for a few days. The population is 400,000 of which 100,000 are students. It has a fun active vibe mixed with old world charm, beautiful women and delicious food. I would highly recommend it for your next trip to northern Italy.
post #14 of 15

And don´t forget there´s the Lamborghini factory at Sant ´Agata.

post #15 of 15
My husband and I will be in Ravenna one day Sunday June 1 2014. I wanted to take him to Bologna to buy some Vitiliano Pancaldi (so?) ties as they are made there and almost impossible to find except for one store in Rome. Do any of you know of any stores that sell Pancaldi ties that will be open on Sunday? We would take the cruise line shuttle bus there. Shop explore and eat (llunch recommendations appreciated ) I really want to surprise him but don't want to get lost.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Three Best Stores Bologna