• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

George Cleverley Anthony Cleverley Models

Maverick972

Reaction score
De Rede in dark brown suede:
http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...-arrived-lsbh/

Churchill in black or burgundy:
http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...hurchill-shoe/

Do you like these in general? Which pair is better for a casual look? And by casual, I mean paired with cotton/wool pants or jeans. I suppose a Friday night or weekend outing. Can they be worn sock-less?

Lastly, are these worth $1600 and $1700, respectively? I know the answer will be subjective, but I like to hear the justification.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the first are better for casual.

are they worth $1700? if you can't afford them, don't bother

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
the first are better for casual.

are they worth $1700? if you can't afford them, don't bother

They are just slightly sharper Edward Greens. EG make them

Maverick972

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Why do they advertise the AC line as being made in their workroom in London? I think that's a little misleading, to put it nicely. Despite that, I do like the shoes.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I care little as to where they are made...at the Cleverley workshop or the E.G. factory in Northampton.

With alleged high demand, perhaps they have transitioned some of their production to Edward Green.

I own a pair, so far, they are tied for being my best fitting shoe.

It is well made and rivals my EG and G&G as to quality of construction.

The Churchill is more of a business shoe...even if it is a lazyman design with faux lacing.

The slip on is by definition a casual shoe and the type of leather...reverse calf, is casual too.

Wearing shoes without socks will give you that circa 1985 Miami Vice/George Michael look.

Primarily due to price (not due to design or quality), I am currently unwilling to make a repeat order

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who keeps telling you guys ACs are made by EG?
laugh.gif

Maverick972

Reaction score
I don't mind that they're made by EG. It just bothers me that they would tell you otherwise. I mean, would that really turn away customers? Like many have said here, the quality is there.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Who keeps telling you guys ACs are made by EG?
laugh.gif

I have very reliable sources that tell me they are made by EG. Please don't be foolish enough to believe they are made 100% in house by Cleverley. They don't make their bespoke in house, so why the hell are their cheaper line of shoes going to be made in house.

When I was at their shop I asked George where they were made he only said in the UK. Enough Said

Maverick972

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
laugh.gif
Seriously, who's telling you guys this?

Tom: Maybe when the AC line first started, they were made in the GC workroom. However, like Michael said, demand may have transitioned some of their production to EG. Here is my theory: For whatever reason, if buyers are put off by EG, then they have an alternative in the AC line. This benefits all parties (EG, GC, and buyers). I have never met Hilary Freeman, so she may be an adoring angel for all I know, but it makes sense that she denies it. Or, perhaps, at the time, that really was the case. For George Glasgow and GC, they are able to attract more customers. For buyers, it's another option to look at when spending over $1K on shoes. Bold theory for a newbie, I know; that's just what I think. Feel free to disagree! Again, I like the AC line. As mentioned, it doesn't matter where they're made.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
I also think the AC shoes are good, but lets not advertise false information. The Glasgows like to spruce things up too much.

Maverick972

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
I also think the AC shoes are good, but lets not advertise false information. The Glasgows like to spruce things up too much.
+1

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The construction is entirely different to any EG I've ever handled, so odd for you to be so confident.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
The construction is entirely different to any EG I've ever handled, so odd for you to be so confident.

reliable sources

Harrydog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
reliable sources

I have been told that Cleverley's RTW line is made by C & J, with Cleverley people stopping by regularly to check on production quality.

I don't know if this applies to the Anthony Cleverley line, but that is the impression I got.

And as for the price...they are about the price of Lobb Prestige and are a limited edition (100 pairs made).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads