or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Berluti shoe thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Berluti shoe thread - Page 3

post #31 of 284
I found that my John Lobbs have almost no creasing in the leather even after years of wear, truly remarkable leather.
post #32 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I found that my John Lobbs have almost no creasing in the leather even after years of wear, truly remarkable leather.

Same with Vass as long as you insert the custom trees.
post #33 of 284
Artisan Fan,

You're fine. RJ is best summed up with this avatar, he's good, he's bad, I don't know if he's ugly though:
post #34 of 284
Those Chinese factory pics are hilarious!

But they are of the Lobb Paris brand.
post #35 of 284
i think berluti are one of those brands everybody wishes they had but never had the bottle to buy because of the ether price or styling, i have been tempted of several ocassions to get some i just think they are a little over priced by about 20%.
i have got shoes that are blaked stitched and personnal i have walked shed loads in them to no ill effect on the shoe and in all weathers. we all have faverite brands and no1 like to see the brand (team) be slagged of (lose) so before anyone get evern more upset i think one should chose one wording more carefully, this will prevent any one from getting upset!
post #36 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik
Even if Berluti(s) is wrong, I don't think Berulti or Berultis would ever be right.



berlutti berultis berultusissimo!!!!!!! whats going on heres?!?
boollootiss'
post #37 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha
i think berluti are one of those brands everybody wishes they had but never had the bottle to buy because of the ether price or styling, i have been tempted of several ocassions to get some i just think they are a little over priced by about 20%.
i have got shoes that are blaked stitched and personnal i have walked shed loads in them to no ill effect on the shoe and in all weathers. we all have faverite brands and no1 like to see the brand (team) be slagged of (lose) so before anyone get evern more upset i think one should chose one wording more carefully, this will prevent any one from getting upset!


exactly. if anyone here hints one negative opinion about santoni fams i will look you up and hunt you down. artisan style






and then beg you to change your mind.
post #38 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe
exactly. if anyone here hints one negative opinion about santoni fams i will look you up and hunt you down. artisan style






and then beg you to change your mind.


how?? lead me a pair! and i will keep quite!
post #39 of 284
Leaving aside the questions about the production of Berluti's RTW shoes, it is common practice to produce goods (at least in parts) in some cheaper labour countries. European Union rules allow merchandise to be labelled "Made in Italy (or wherever)" if "significant production" has been made in the country in question.

It is perfectly legal to produce a shirt somewhere in the third world, and as long as you cut the buttonholes and attach the buttons in Italy, you can call it "Made in Italy". Lots of manufacturers exploit this loop hole. Unlike the fibre content and composition of the fabric, you are not obliged to show the place in production on the label. Quite a few firms leave that out. Hackett, who once proudly proclaimed everything to be "Made in the British Isles", is one of those. Country of origin gets only shown if it is prestigious, otherwise it is just left out. As I said, "Made in xxx" does not necessarily mean, the item has been made in its entirety in the country in question.

The story goes that Bernard Arnaud (LVMH) did the Victor-Kiam-Remington-thing ("I liked the shaver so much, I bought the company") on Berluti shoes (the firm was on the brink of insolvency and Arnaud was worried his favourite shoemaker might go under). LVMH, and Mme Olga as the public face, have done a remarkable job. Of course they have used plenty of BS to muddy the waters ("the colour get bleached by the moonlight").

I believe (and of course Berluti will not give you any factual information) that "Venezia" leather is basically a crust (undied) leather, not dissimilar to the leather EG uses. It is the firm's choice to split it to that particular thinness.
post #40 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
I believe (and of course Berluti will not give you any factual information) that "Venezia" leather is basically a crust (undied) leather, not dissimilar to the leather EG uses. It is the firm's choice to split it to that particular thinness.
Well, when I bought my shoes, that's what I tried on -- undyed crust leather. They then very nicely asked me exactly what color and antiquing I wanted.

I will answer the rest of the allegations about my good, bad and ugly character later.
post #41 of 284
Quote:
I believe (and of course Berluti will not give you any factual information) that “Venezia” leather is basically a crust (undied) leather, not dissimilar to the leather EG uses. It is the firm’s choice to split it to that particular thinness.

I believe it has to do with it taking the Berluti antiquing very well and being soft and comfortable to wear. In my experience the thinness of the leather does not equate to being less durable.
post #42 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik
Even if Berluti(s) is wrong, I don't think Berulti or Berultis would ever be right.


I could have sworn I saw a pair of Berultis on eBay. The guy also had a lot of nice Rolecks watches, too.
post #43 of 284
Quote:
I could have sworn I saw a pair of Berultis on eBay.

Maybe this is RJman's issue. He bought a pair of Berulti by mistake which had a Made in China label on them, thinking he got the real Berlutis. He's been down on the brand every since...
post #44 of 284
Not to re-beat a drum that I beat just before the crash, but I think that Berluti RTW shoes are absolute, unfiltered garbage.
post #45 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think that Berluti RTW shoes are absolute, unfiltered garbage.

I've been to their workrooms and I did see a filter, though I can't say how extensively it's used.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Berluti shoe thread