• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Deco Range 2010

Maverick972

Reaction score
Hello World,

My first post! Anyway, just wanted to know if fellow members had any ideas or thoughts on the new Deco range. On the website, it says that "even more hand making to your MTO shoes." Sounds tempting, no?

On a side note, Tony responded that the waist will feature extra hand stitching. Also, from a aesthetic viewpoint, it will have "more of a 1920s look to it."

Maverick972

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Pics?
I don't even know if the prototypes have been made. I'm guessing this will be their answer to enter into the $1600+ shoe market that is shared by EG TD and GC AC. And, yes, I know some people think their MTO is already in that category.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maverick972
I don't even know if the prototypes have been made. I'm guessing this will be their answer to enter into the $1600+ shoe market that is shared by EG TD and GC AC. And, yes, I know some people think their MTO is already in that category.

I've used EG TD in the past and loved the product. Though after receiving my Scafora's recently, I would just get his full-blow bespoke for a few hundred more than EG TD.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I've used EG TD in the past and loved the product. Though after receiving my Scafora's recently, I would just get his full-blow bespoke for a few hundred more than EG TD.

Did you get Scafora bespoke or RTW line (do they even have RTW shoes?)? Any pictures, would be interesting to see. I think portnoy posted some Scafora bespoke shoes a few months ago,you don't see them often.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Did you get Scafora bespoke or RTW line (do they even have RTW shoes?)? Any pictures, would be interesting to see. I think portnoy posted some Scafora bespoke shoes a few months ago,you don't see them often.

They have RTW, but I got the bespoke. I'll try and snap some pics. Both aportnoy and Panzer have posted pics in the past.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing has been finalized on the Deco Range. New models? New lasts?

I'm hoping for a new last which is a bit pointier yet is squared and chiseled like the TG73

I'm hoping Deco will focus more on a single color...say black

I'm hoping the designs will be a bit minimalist and focus on introducing more handwork and the waist treatment from their bespoke range

I'm also hoping they will introduce on black calf, a bleaching similar to Foster's fading....without the huge 380 pound upcharge...yet included in the more premium price.

3 piece shoe trees would be nice too

cdmoore1855

Reaction score

when I met Paolo in HK earlier this year he had the balls to tell me his bespoke were US$ 3,500. Clearly a mark up due to the store that was hosting him, When I pushed him on this, he stuck to his guns and said that was the price.

The shoes I saw were nowhere near worth this price, they were not even close to EG.

pkiula

Reaction score
G&G are nowhere near EG in terms of quality. They're quite far in fact. But G&G's last is marvellous. So very Italian. EG seems to me to be trending a little British with rounder, stubbier lasts.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkiula
G&G are nowhere near EG in terms of quality. They're quite far in fact.

Bold statement...what are you basing this on?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
when I met Paolo in HK earlier this year he had the balls to tell me his bespoke were US$ 3,500. Clearly a mark up due to the store that was hosting him, When I pushed him on this, he stuck to his guns and said that was the price.

The shoes I saw were nowhere near worth this price, they were not even close to EG.

They're $2K in the U.S. Construction-wise I consider them superior to EG and G&G (and this is coming from a huge EG fan). The styling / antiquing is distinctive but if the client requests, he will temper it a bit.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855

price, as you said, varies on the different markets.

imo, it's not very useful to compare custom made/bespoke shoes with a showcase treated RTW range.

the EG i had the chance to see from the normal range, not TD level, were decently made. i would imagine that G&G will be on a similar level and the teething problems are solved.

further, i would say for a non professional the quality features of the construction are barely visible. the amount of handwork is another thing to consider.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
They're $2K in the U.S. Construction-wise I consider them superior to EG and G&G (and this is coming from a huge EG fan). The styling / antiquing is distinctive but if the client requests, he will temper it a bit.

If this is the case, he clearly did not bring anything of quality to the show. I went there with Luk-Cha and Gazman and we are all Bespoke shoe guys and we all thought Paolo's shoes were absolute ****.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
price, as you said, varies on the different markets.

imo, it's not very useful to compare custom made/bespoke shoes with a showcase treated RTW range.

the EG i had the chance to see from the normal range, not TD level, were decently made. i would imagine that G&G will be on a similar level and the teething problems are solved.

further, i would say for a non professional the quality features of the construction are barely visible. the amount of handwork is another thing to consider.

Fritzl, yes I understand this

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads