or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › EURO 2008 Qualifications
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EURO 2008 Qualifications - Page 2

post #16 of 36
San Marino 0 Germany 11.San Marino have got 18 minutes to turn it round,I think they might just do it!
Seriously though the likes of San Marino,Faroes,Andorra,Malta etc...should have to pre-qualify in my opinion.Losing 11-0 is no good to anyone.
P.S. No disrespect intended to any nationals of these countries.
post #17 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios
San Marino 0 Germany 11.San Marino have got 18 minutes to turn it round,I think they might just do it!
Seriously though the likes of San Marino,Faroes,Andorra,Malta etc...should have to pre-qualify in my opinion.Losing 11-0 is no good to anyone.
P.S. No disrespect intended to any nationals of these countries.

Finished 13-0 with podolski getting 5.

The minnows should have to pre-qualify for the full qualifying competition.
post #18 of 36
Northern Ireland 3 Spain 2



"We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland"

I want to have David Healy's babies, and I'm not even female.

We got beaten 0:3 by Iceland a few days ago what does that make Spain? Tescos?



Quote:
Seriously though the likes of San Marino,Faroes,Andorra,Malta etc...should have to pre-qualify in my opinion.Losing 11-0 is no good to anyone.
P.S. No disrespect intended to any nationals of these countries.



Northern Ireland are also considered "minnows", we have just beaten Spain, and we beat England last year.

We are also reigning British Home Champions (fair enough, in the same way that powerhouse of World Rugby, the USA are reigning Olympic Champions, but hey, they all count!)
post #19 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonk
Northern Ireland are also considered "minnows", we have just beaten Spain, and we beat England last year.

We are also reigning British Home Champions (fair enough, in the same way that powerhouse of World Rugby, the USA are reigning Olympic Champions, but hey, they all count!)

I wouldn't count N Ireland as minnows, certainly not compared to the likes of Andorra and San Marino. They were playing in the 2nd round of the World Cup finals 20 years ago.
post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios
San Marino 0 Germany 11.San Marino have got 18 minutes to turn it round,I think they might just do it!
Seriously though the likes of San Marino,Faroes,Andorra,Malta etc...should have to pre-qualify in my opinion.Losing 11-0 is no good to anyone.
P.S. No disrespect intended to any nationals of these countries.

Haha, who says soccer matches have low scores?
post #21 of 36


We've beaten the world champion 3-1, what a game!

!luc
post #22 of 36
Italy played terribly and the French played very well. In the end, they will both qualify for Euro 2008 and the powers that be will surely find a way, or try, to match them up in the tournament and then we shall see.
post #23 of 36
" Salvador Dali, Fernando Alonso, King Juan Carlos, Pablo Picasso, Miguel Indurain, Antonio Banderas, Pedro Duque, Jose Zapatero, can you hear me Jose Zapatero?

Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!"




Apologies to Bjorn Minge
post #24 of 36
Thread Starter 
Finland 1 - 1 Portugal.

If someone had told me a month ago that a draw against Portugal would feel like a loss I would have laughed.
post #25 of 36
Quote:
Finland 1 - 1 Portugal.

If someone had told me a month ago that a draw against Portugal would feel like a loss I would have laughed.


Be thankful, it could be worse, someone could have reminded you that you were taken apart at home by the mighty Northern Ireland last month.

Oppss.

post #26 of 36
Macedonia 0 - England 0

post #27 of 36
Wow, FYROM 0-0 with England. Good work there for them. I always said that England is overrated. Bet odoreater is happy with the result We are basically screwed this time round. Zagorakis is leaving the national team after the second game, Rehagel is having tiffs with the greek press and the new people don'tseem to be binding in to the team the way the old team did in 2004 (which was their strength). Oh well. Win some, lose some. Edit: Well, there goes Norway. 1-0 Just realised. HOLY BLOODY CRAP! Cyprus whooped Ireland 5-2. How did that happen? I did not think we were able to beat anyone other than San Marino or the Faroe Islands
post #28 of 36
Thread Starter 
After dropping 2 points to Armenia, Finland beat Bor.. Kazakstan 0-2 with goals from Jari Litmanen and Sami Hyypiä. Ave Roy!

Rest of the Group A games to be played later, Poland-Portugal is particularly interesting. A draw would be great
post #29 of 36
Georgia 1 Italy 3, w/ goals from AS Roma players Daniele De Rossi and Simone Perrotta!
post #30 of 36
England spanked 2-0 by Croatia. EEEK! Greece 4-0 over Bosnia
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › EURO 2008 Qualifications