• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BDG one-wash

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I dropped by the urban yesterday near South Coast specifically to look for anything raw. They now sell BDG one-washes in straight and bootcut for around $42 inc. tax. The bootcuts looked like they had a little fade to them so I picked up the straights instead. The denim is rather thin, the fit is pretty true (maybe even a little on the tight side but I'm hoping it'll stretch a bit), and the wash reminds me of the newer Straight Svens (flame). The pics online don't really do the wash justice so before I get around to taking pics/measurements of my pair you can check them out in the meantime: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopp...roductID=23298 Edit: Forgot to mention that according to the link they have the gloss of a one-wash pair. Now I'm not so sure if they really are one-wash. I just assumed they were as they came with a sticker saying that the dye used could come off on other garments and should be washed separately. I'll wear them a few weeks and let you know.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Ok, so I started being unlazy and took pics of the BDG's I bought. I think I'll rotate them in in a few weeks once we get out of the heart of the rainy season. They're so light they just feel made for summer weather.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Wow, that's impressive. Those are really good looking jeans, considering that BDG is Urban Outfitter's in house brand. I might have to order a pair after I finish my dry H&Ms.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with them. I'm rather impressed that urban could come out with jeans like these since normally BDG is rather generic. As you can see in the pics, they're really rather streaky/shiny without any tell-tale labeling. If I didn't have a few other fresh project pairs (and didn't want to get a pair of the H&M's, too), I'd seriously consider getting another pair or two of these and store them.

Overall, I'm dying to see just how well/much these things will fade. I wish one of the skater SF'ers like cheapmutha or ahaz would break a pair in since they'd treat them harder, thus providing a quicker fade.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'm pretty happy with them. I'm rather impressed that urban could come out with jeans like these since normally BDG is rather generic. As you can see in the pics, they're really rather streaky/shiny without any tell-tale labeling. If I didn't have a few other fresh project pairs (and didn't want to get a pair of the H&M's, too), I'd seriously consider getting another pair or two of these and store them.

Overall, I'm dying to see just how well/much these things will fade. I wish one of the skater SF'ers like cheapmutha or ahaz would break a pair in since they'd treat them harder, thus providing a quicker fade.

We could all chip in to buy em a pair. Providing they agree to post pre and post pics.

BTW those jeans look great. They remind me of my Loomstates which I paid twice as much for. :-/

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
An interesting idea but seeing as they both have stuff like Denime, Eternal, Sugar Cane, etc. $40 would seem like a drop in the bucket to experiment.

I'm guessing though that the lack of weight/stiffness will slow down the fading process, especially in terms of honeycombs and in the thighs.

I'll give them a try and maybe starch them a little.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey... if you want to send me a pair ill do it... dont have any money to spend on jeans since im in this sammy contest. i dont know how much wear id wear them when i get my sams.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I'm just a lurker, but being a college student really doesn't leave me much money for clothes. I'd wear em around campus every day and party with em at night and post pre/post photos

There's also an urban around here so i could get em (granted they have em in stock here)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I think we'd have to determine who "we" means in terms of chipping in to get a pair. But for $40, I guess anyone can just do this experiment themselves including you, knucks.

I'd offer up my services, but I'm really trying to wear in these RRL's as much as I can. So unless someone goes out to buy a pair, I'll let this thread sink for a few months until it's hot enough to become my new project pair.

I'd still recommend any SF'er to drop by an urban to take a look at them. A look much just be the selling point.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we'd have to determine who "we" means in terms of chipping in to get a pair. But for $40, I guess anyone can just do this experiment themselves including you, knucks.

I'd offer up my services, but I'm really trying to wear in these RRL's as much as I can. So unless someone goes out to buy a pair, I'll let this thread sink for a few months until it's hot enough to become my new project pair.

I'd still recommend any SF'er to drop by an urban to take a look at them. A look much just be the selling point.

Sounds good.

I'm currently breaking in a pair of 501s STF, but I'm not really liking the fit. I wish they had STF in a bootcut for relatively cheap.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While that BDG pair I got is straight, they were selling the same kind of wash in a bootcut but with a bit of fading to it.

Just something to think about.

It's not a "raw" jean and won't shrink, right?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weird. That price point's competing with the Gap. What does BDG even stand for?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
It's not a "raw" jean and won't shrink, right?
Nope. Shouldn't shrink at all but from the look/feel/accompanying warning sticker they should fade like regular one-wash jeans. I have no CLUE what BDG stands for but yeah, the price is definitely right. They were on sale a few weeks ago when I bought them so people would be smart to get them now, or at least hit a store and check them out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads