or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Lasting longer in sex
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lasting longer in sex - Page 4

post #46 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieman
The only way I can last long is:
A.\tmasturbate before I have sex and go about 20 mins

There is a better solution. Get her to give you a BJ first. Problem (usually) solved. I can't last for shit my first time either.
post #47 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph
- 1. 1999. What doesages were used, ah, they were the dosages to treat depression etc. not to prolong ejac. This is only one author's conclusion. Where's the data? Even then you can debate the the dosages the patient type etc. And even with your supposed conclusion by one author, it still doesn't deny the fact the drug 'DIDN'T' cause problems for 1/2. So why not try it. I'll lecture as you stated because you had a problem someone else will too. That's incorrect no matter how you try to get around it. Again, Poor man's science. You are wrong to make such an assumption as 100%. Even by your own one study, one author line quoatation, the drugs were not a problem in 1/2 men.

- 2. Levitra has data by itself for ejac. let alone it can be used multi modal with SSRI on lower dosages. Ah, then where is the side effect profile with this combination?

- 3. Just so you know, Urologists prescribe Zoloft for this all the time, everyday, even as we are on this message board. And it can and is dose related. Where's your data again for dosing adjustments?

- 4. What data do have to support "pharmaceutical companies habit of suggesting starting doses which are too high"?

---- Pharamceutical companies use what dosage achieves the best outcome with the best side effect profile and it is approved by the FDA. They do not try to use a higher dose out of habit etc. Please cite the study that support this comment.

1. The date of the article is irrelevant. The side-effects of SSRIs haven't changed. If you want the data and the full article go read the rest of it for yourself. Nobody is paying me to do research for SF. First you were saying it was just me, and now you're saying it's just 50%. If you want more citations, again, go look them up yourself. I guarantee that you will find plenty of peer-reviewed literature supporting the findings of the article I quoted. As for the dosage, I looked up the starting dose for citalopram (Celexa) for treating depression and premature ejaculation and it's the same, 20mg daily. If you want to look-up the other SSRIs, be my guest.

2. Why not try it? Because the kid doesn't have a problem with pre-mature ejaculation. I suppose there a those doctors that prescribe whatever their patients want, but I can't imagine a responsible doctor prescribing SSRIs to an 18 year old kid who was "only" lasting through 10 minutes of intercourse. SSRIs have all sorts of nasty side-effects, so again, it's completely stupid to suggest taking them unless you have a real problem. A lot of guys would be very happy if they could last for 10 minutes of intercourse.

3. I'm not disputing that ssris are prescribed for pre-mature ejaculation. What I am disputing is that it makes absolutely no sense to recommend those kinds of drugs to someone that doesn't have a problem. And even if you consider it reasonable to take drugs you don't need, for someone that doesn't have a problem, there's a high chance of sexual dysfunction.

4. Pharmaceutical companies suggest a dosage which will be effective for the highest percentage of patients with an acceptable side effect profile. Yes, it's obviously approved by the FDA, but a good doctor should tailor the dosage to the individual. Often times the recommended starting dosage is too high for an individual and they get more side effects than are necessary. I'm not saying it's too high in that it's dangerous, just that it's higher than it needs to be for certain individuals and can cause unnecessary side-effects. This is particularly true for SSRIs because some people are super sensitive to them and can see improvements with very small doses. If you can't wrap your mind around that then I don't know what to say...
post #48 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph
There is a reason to see a sex therpaist at a teaching institution.

Merck/HPV and vaccine:

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-H...ne.htm#hpvvac1
I would strongly urge these 'women' you are with to look into this.

Thanks but I knew about the vaccine. Most people don't and prudence never hurts. If you wanna go down on girls that sleep around a lot (as the OP implied), go for it.
post #49 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieman
... considering I'm only 18...
therein lay the issue dude. Everyone is over excitable at this age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoItaliano
WHAT?!?

look at his handle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami
A third technique is to spend 5 or 10 minutes visualizing yourself being able to last as long as you want. Visualization is very effective, but it must be practiced consistently.

or just visualise yourself with someone uglier. Fok maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Nobody is paying me to do research for SF.
J - youre slippin'!

I hate it when we find out that the mods are skimming off the research budget again.
post #50 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami
Give yourself permission to cum whenever the hell you want. Why does it always have to be about impressing her and pleasing her?


this is one of the top five reasons girls become muff divers.
post #51 of 103
1. The date of the article is irrelevant. The side-effects of SSRIs haven't changed. If you want the data and the full article go read the rest of it for yourself. Nobody is paying me to do research for SF. First you were saying it was just me, and now you're saying it's just 50%. If you want more citations, again, go look them up yourself. I guarantee that you will find plenty of peer-reviewed literature supporting the findings of the article I quoted. As for the dosage, I looked up the starting dose for citalopram (Celexa) for treating depression and premature ejaculation and it's the same, 20mg daily. If you want to look-up the other SSRIs, be my guest.

---- No, I didn't say it was just you and now you're stating its 50% . I said you 'stated that because you have a side effect everyone else will' then you bring up a citation for 50 %.

---- Also you are making a common error of quoting 1999 data as a representation for the entire class. Using your 'Celexa' which is much more refined than say the original prozac, the incidence of impotence was 2.8% versus a placebo of < 1%. Placebo controlled directly from the PI.


2. Why not try it? Because the kid doesn't have a problem with pre-mature ejaculation. I suppose there a those doctors that prescribe whatever their patients want, but I can't imagine a responsible doctor prescribing SSRIs to an 18 year old kid who was "only" lasting through 10 minutes of intercourse. SSRIs have all sorts of nasty side-effects, so again, it's completely stupid to suggest taking them unless you have a real problem. A lot of guys would be very happy if they could last for 10 minutes of intercourse.

--- My why not try it obviously for those who are appropriate for it.
I am quoted twice as saying in this particular kid's issue:
From me,
You FAILED again to copy what I wrote right after 'Why not try it?

My quote, ***"So why not try it. But in this case he should have a sex cons."***

***"There is a reason to see a sex therpaist at a teaching institution."***
You need to not delete reading the obvious for your own benefit.

3. I'm not disputing that ssris are prescribed for pre-mature ejaculation. What I am disputing is that it makes absolutely no sense to recommend those kinds of drugs to someone that doesn't have a problem. And even if you consider it reasonable to take drugs you don't need, for someone that doesn't have a problem, there's a high chance of sexual dysfunction.

---2nd quote from me, "My quote, "So why not try it. But in this case he should have a sex cons."


4. Pharmaceutical companies suggest a dosage which will be effective for the highest percentage of patients with an acceptable side effect profile. Yes, it's obviously approved by the FDA, but a good doctor should tailor the dosage to the individual. Often times the recommended starting dosage is too high for an individual and they get more side effects than are necessary. I'm not saying it's too high in that it's dangerous, just that it's higher than it needs to be for certain individuals and can cause unnecessary side-effects. This is particularly true for SSRIs because some people are super sensitive to them and can see improvements with very small doses. If you can't wrap your mind around that then I don't know what to say...[/quote]

--- Please. You stated, "pharmaceutical companies habit of suggesting starting doses which are too high"?"
---This is simply not an accurate statement you have made.

Now you are altering your over the top comments to at least some form of sanity. You should grasp not me. I don't make inaccurate, over the top claims and I don't misquote people.
post #52 of 103
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph
There is a reason to see a sex therpaist at a teaching institution.

Merck/HPV and vaccine:

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/STDFact-H...ne.htm#hpvvac1
I would strongly urge these 'women' you are with to look into this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Thanks but I knew about the vaccine. Most people don't and prudence never hurts. If you wanna go down on girls that sleep around a lot (as the OP implied), go for it.

--- Ah, these 'women' clearly refer to the kid not you. And then you really extrapolate by me recommeding the kids has these girls look into HPV prevention that somehow I 'wanna go down on girls that sleep around" --- Boy, you really get emotional with your exaggerated responses.

--- The main thing is your heart is in the right place, and I agree you have to be real careful, because you don't want to get a disease with a little name nor do you want to have a modern day Scarlett S on your forehead with women."

I hope you are having a good day.
post #53 of 103
I've now cast this topic into the Hall of Shame.
post #54 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
this is one of the top five reasons girls become muff divers.

Haha. And that's a bad thing?

Don't get me wrong, I love pleasing a woman. But her pleasure is not more important than mine. My point is really just a bit of reverse psychology. A lot of guys, myself included, used to be totally preoccupied with "pleasing her" and "lasting long enough." I personally feel it creates stress, and as a result, you end up worrying too much and it takes the pleasure out of sex if you're constantly worrying about "pleasing pleasing pleasing" and you can often end up doing the thing you're trying to avoid - ejaculating too early.

The point is to take the pressure off. And as a result - you end up being more relaxed, more confident, and the enjoyment increases, and because of that she is going to derive more pleasure too. They say the brain is the biggest sex organ, and that is totally true, even for men.
post #55 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami
They say the brain is the biggest sex organ, and that is totally true, even for men.
hmmm wheres my tape measure?
post #56 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonglover
I've now cast this topic into the Hall of Shame.

I think what you're saying is a bit premature.



Sorry, I couldn't resist.
post #57 of 103
While reading this thread, I remembered Woody Allen's line about shouting "Slide Willie! Slide!" (or something like that.)
post #58 of 103
practice your breathing. switch positions often. stop every so often and kiss her passionately. suck her tits. do everything but thrust. you'lll be fine. and if you learn to eat her out well, trust me, she won't care when you cum.
post #59 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T
hmmm wheres my tape measure?
confirmed. You have overestimated the size of my brain.
post #60 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T


or just visualise yourself with someone uglier. Fok maybe?


Oh, that's cold.

Jon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Lasting longer in sex