or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Pat Tillman - Murdered By Americans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pat Tillman - Murdered By Americans - Page 6

post #76 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
So why the need to lie and the cover up?

If you would step back for a second and just think about it, it's pretty goddamn obvious.

A famous person just died in Afghanistan. They were shot by our own troops. Public support for the war is at an all time low - Much has been made of this particular soldier's heroism and character, and how much he believed in fighting for his country. What a fucking PR disaster. Telling people that Al Queda killed him and that he died a hero, charging up a hill and sacrificing himself to protect the rest of his squad is much better press than telling everyone that his convoy was mismanaged, put in a vulnerable position, and someone freaked out and it led to him being shot in the back by our own guys.
post #77 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
I see Tokyo didn't respond to this.
Because he didn't say Pat Tillman was murdered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
The M16 is a 3 round burst weapon and highly accurate. So 3 shots to the head could come from one squeeze of the trigger.
pointless factoid. Supports accidental death just as much as it does "murder".
Quote:
I have a friend in the Marines and he thought something was a little fishy when he heard about the circumstances of Pat Tillman's death. The fact they burned his diary was one thing. It was alluded to last night that Tillman was a really smart guy, apparently he would sometimes just blurt stuff out like "man this war is so illegal!" this would draw the ire of some of the people he served with. He also told me the reason they probably lied initally about Tillman being killed by enemy fire is because, remember his brother was in the same squad as he was. We've all go family and I'm sure if someone told us that a family member was accidently killed and the guy who did it is private "dumb shit" over in the corner it may be only a matter of time before our weapon may accidently discharge in their backs.
deals with the friendly fire coverup, not some murder coverup that NOBODY, NOT EVEN THE FAMILY, IS CLAIMING...
post #78 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
What about the solders who were there with Tillman and were told to lie - when they knew that something wasn't right about how he was killed?

Were you there with Tillman? You can fuck off now.

Whoa there buddy. Don't be a jackass. Again, do you know what happened? The military and most soldiers have the same story. al Qaeda soldiers were in a elevated position on a mountain. Tillman and some people were below them and below Tillman were a bunch of US Soldiers. Tillman was killed by friendly fire (cross-fire). Nobody took purposeful aim at Tillman.
post #79 of 162
They covered it up for multiple reasons. The most important of which was that if they reported that a marginal celebrity was killed by friendly fire it would be very bad for morale and it would get very bad repsonse back home.

However, if they told a great lie about his heroic actions and how he was ambushed by Taliban forces, then he could be sold as a great american hero and his death would help support the war effort.

This lie was terrible for his family. A worse lie was the Weapons of Mass Destruction lie that sent us into Iraq. It was bad for our country financially and otherwise, took our eyes off the real war in Afghanistan, and negatively affected the stability of the region in the short and mid-term by removing a counterbalance to Iran.
post #80 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post
They covered it up for multiple reasons. The most important of which was that if they reported that a marginal celebrity was killed by friendly fire it would be very bad for morale and it would get very bad repsonse back home.

However, if they told a great lie about his heroic actions and how he was ambushed by Taliban forces, then he could be sold as a great american hero and his death would help support the war effort.

This lie was terrible for his family. A worse lie was the Weapons of Mass Destruction lie that sent us into Iraq. It was bad for our country financially and otherwise, took our eyes off the real war in Afghanistan, and negatively affected the stability of the region in the short and mid-term by removing a counterbalance to Iran.

+ F*cking 1
post #81 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaogou View Post
Whoa there buddy. Don't be a jackass. Again, do you know what happened? The military and most soldiers have the same story. al Qaeda soldiers were in a elevated position on a mountain. Tillman and some people were below them and below Tillman were a bunch of US Soldiers. Tillman was killed by friendly fire (cross-fire). Nobody took purposeful aim at Tillman.

But as Maher indicated - the evidence doesn't support that any cross fire actually happened ala bullet holes and the like. Tillman was killed and burned along with anything to do with him, which is also screams highly suspect. I don't know what happened for sure obviously, but I think it's worth discussing the idea that he may have been murdered on purpose as Maher suggests and his brother considers as opposed to just saying friendly fire - end of story. The Tillman family have certainly not closed the book on their son and what really happened.
post #82 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Because he didn't say Pat Tillman was murdered!



pointless factoid. Supports accidental death just as much as it does "murder".



deals with the friendly fire coverup, not some murder coverup that NOBODY, NOT EVEN THE FAMILY, IS CLAIMING...

Nope, Germane to the earlier point someone brought up about being shot 3 times in the head. My point was, while a semi-automatic weapon, the weapon was only fired once. Which leads me to believe it was an accident.
post #83 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Why does anyone talk to Hey Man?

This is as far as I could get in this thread because I was asking myself the same question and I thought I'd heed my own council and bail out early.
post #84 of 162
This certainly isn't the only time the government misrepresented the facts to create a manufactured hero. Remember Jessica Lynch?

So yeah, the Stars and Stripes version of events sometimes differs from what actually happened, but all it proves it that they're trying to maintain PR for an unpopular war.

Nonetheless, it's hilarious how Hey Man insists that we're all sheeple because of our willful ignorance of the nonexistant evidence that says Pat Tillman was murdered.
post #85 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
But as Maher indicated - the evidence doesn't support that any cross fire actually happened ala bullet holes and the like. Tillman was killed and burned along with anything to do with him, which is also screams highly suspect. I don't know what happened for sure obviously, but I think it's worth discussing the idea that he may have been murdered on purpose as Maher suggests and his brother considers as opposed to just saying friendly fire - end of story. The Tillman family have certainly not closed the book on their son and what really happened.

So why are you calling people brainwashed for not believing what even you admit is just speculation?
post #86 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post
They covered it up for multiple reasons. The most important of which was that if they reported that a marginal celebrity was killed by friendly fire it would be very bad for morale and it would get very bad repsonse back home.

However, if they told a great lie about his heroic actions and how he was ambushed by Taliban forces, then he could be sold as a great american hero and his death would help support the war effort.

This lie was terrible for his family. A worse lie was the Weapons of Mass Destruction lie that sent us into Iraq. It was bad for our country financially and otherwise, took our eyes off the real war in Afghanistan, and negatively affected the stability of the region in the short and mid-term by removing a counterbalance to Iran.

Look, the idea that he was murdered isn't something I made up to talk about here. It's obviously an opinion that exists and was brought up in a past thread that I just noticed.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=40878

Like I said, The Tillman's are still looking for answers and are not yet satisfied with what has been revealed so far through their investigation. You are welcome to think it's an open and shut case of friendly fire. I don't.

I also know the purpose of the cover-up, but since over 50% of Americans have died through friendly fire in this war - a cover up for one guy ain't going to make a difference with the fact that most Americans disagree with the war in the first place.
post #87 of 162
I don't want to get involved in a retarded Hey Man thread, but interested folks should read Jon Krakauer's book about Tillman and his death. Covers his life, death and the cover-up pretty well and would put to bed all this conspiracy mongering bullshit (to whit: his death was covered up because it was ridiculously bad PR, not because he was OMG MURDERED).


ps Hey Man, you're a fucking 'tard.
post #88 of 162
Its too bad we arent all in the same barracks. We could all put a bar of soap in our socks and enforce a little group dicipline on Hey Man when he is sleeping. We can all ask Slopho to "go outside and smoke a cigarette" because even though he is behaving almost as badly in this thread as his non existent stroke session in front of a comely co-worker thread, he is still a pretty good egg.
post #89 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post
Its too bad we arent all in the same barracks. We could all put a bar of soap in our socks and enforce a little group dicipline on Hey Man when he is sleeping. We can all ask Slopho to "go outside and smoke a cigarette" because even though he is behaving almost as badly in this thread as his none existent stroke session in front of a comely co-worker thread, he is still a pretty good egg.

Huh? I didn't think I was being a jerk in this thread.
post #90 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Huh? How do you figure this?

Arent you aiding and abetting Hey mans psychosis or am I just having reading comprehension problems?

Instead of a cigarette then how about pizza. we will all have worked up a pretty good appetite by then.



Theres nothing like pizza and a liter of diet sprite after a savage group beatdown.

Your ninja edit = enhanced humor. Okay, get yourself a bar of soap and meet us at Hey Mans bunk at lights out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Pat Tillman - Murdered By Americans