Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:21 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 628post #9406 of 2720511/12/12 at 9:11ampost #9407 of 2720511/12/12 at 9:22ampost #9408 of 2720511/12/12 at 9:24ampost #9409 of 2720511/12/12 at 10:45ampost #9410 of 2720511/12/12 at 10:58ampost #9411 of 2720511/12/12 at 11:19ampost #9412 of 2720511/12/12 at 11:38amThread StarterUgh, is a 4year contract the standard (minimum) for coaches?
But you can see though that once Brown left and just let your talents play normal basketball, that everything seems so simple and that is w/o Nash on the court.
I am a bit weary about D'Antonis run and gun type of plays with this old roster (Pau, Nash, Kobe and MWP are all in their 30s) but that should benefit Dwight to some extent Nash as well. D'Antoni did make Nash a 2-time back-to-back MVP so there is hope.post #9413 of 2720511/12/12 at 11:56ami'm a phil boy, too. but i've always liked d'antoni. a couple things:
1) phil is a big boy and he wanted a LOT, according to our guys. like, partial ownership (though why he doesn't just marry Jeannie and get it that way, i don't know).
2) kobe is a big d'antoni fan. if phil wasn't coming, that was his choice.
3) d'antoni ran run-n-gun with phoenix because that was the skill set he had. there wasn't a true center. i'm not sure he lasted long enough with the knicks to judge, but they did seem to run a more patterned set. though defense is obviously not his strong point.
it's going to be interesting.post #9414 of 2720511/12/12 at 11:56am3 years guaranteed, with 4th year team option. I agree, and I am weary with D'Antoni's style of basketball. I don't think he will utilize the Laker's greatest strength in having Pau, Dwight (and Kobe) in the post. That said, Nash will have a field day with pick and roll when he gets back. I just hope Nate McMillan will agree to be an assistant coach for defense, even if its just for one year.post #9415 of 2720511/12/12 at 12:01pm
Not really, KObe already said he'd like Mike. He knew him growing up in Italy and has played for him in international ball.
Phil wanted a SHIT load, including days off to let his assistants coach, ownership, total b-ball decision control, and to basically pick the next coach.
Of course, in balance, outside of the ownership stake it would likely work out for the Laker's.
But I can see both Buses not wanting to just roll over and take it in the ass from Phil.post #9416 of 2720511/12/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Are you for real?
Not even close. Brown hiring sucked, but they got Dwight and Nash and cut bait when they needed to. I'm most dubious of his purging of the management and scouting division.post #9417 of 2720511/12/12 at 12:41pmQuote:
"A much better measure of defense is per possession, and by that measure over the last nine years McMillan's teams in Seattle and Portland ranked 22nd, 14th, 13th, 10th, 20th, 28th, 27th, 27th and 15th in the NBA."
So yeah, McMillan is not much better than D'Antoni in terms of defense.post #9418 of 2720511/12/12 at 12:49pmD'Antoni is a questionable decision at best, if the players (Kobe) like him then he is already ahead of Brown but nothing I've seen of D'Antoni tells me that he can coach this team succesfully. This team is much better suited to Phil's Triangle. That being said, they have enough talent where if he doesn't do anything too stupid they should win 55-60 games on autopilot. If he doesn't work out, there is always Larry Brown.
Anyone see that Rudy Gay behind the back on Lebron dunk?
Dopey, I;m a Knicks fan but in reality we are really 1-0, two games against Philly without Bynum and Iggy and one game against Mavs without Dirk and Marrion shouldn't really count When Wallace, Chandler, Brower, Novak and Pablo P. are on the floor, its like the game is being played in slow motion.post #9419 of 2720511/12/12 at 1:00pmpost #9420 of 2720511/12/12 at 1:12pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Rudy 33 - Green Donegal 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 20 minutes ago
- › NEW Tom Ford Glen Plaid 3-Piece Suit Size 46C/36S 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway