Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 628post #9406 of 2692711/12/12 at 9:11ampost #9407 of 2692711/12/12 at 9:22ampost #9408 of 2692711/12/12 at 9:24ampost #9409 of 2692711/12/12 at 10:45ampost #9410 of 2692711/12/12 at 10:58ampost #9411 of 2692711/12/12 at 11:19ampost #9412 of 2692711/12/12 at 11:38amThread StarterUgh, is a 4year contract the standard (minimum) for coaches?
But you can see though that once Brown left and just let your talents play normal basketball, that everything seems so simple and that is w/o Nash on the court.
I am a bit weary about D'Antonis run and gun type of plays with this old roster (Pau, Nash, Kobe and MWP are all in their 30s) but that should benefit Dwight to some extent Nash as well. D'Antoni did make Nash a 2-time back-to-back MVP so there is hope.post #9413 of 2692711/12/12 at 11:56ami'm a phil boy, too. but i've always liked d'antoni. a couple things:
1) phil is a big boy and he wanted a LOT, according to our guys. like, partial ownership (though why he doesn't just marry Jeannie and get it that way, i don't know).
2) kobe is a big d'antoni fan. if phil wasn't coming, that was his choice.
3) d'antoni ran run-n-gun with phoenix because that was the skill set he had. there wasn't a true center. i'm not sure he lasted long enough with the knicks to judge, but they did seem to run a more patterned set. though defense is obviously not his strong point.
it's going to be interesting.post #9414 of 2692711/12/12 at 11:56am3 years guaranteed, with 4th year team option. I agree, and I am weary with D'Antoni's style of basketball. I don't think he will utilize the Laker's greatest strength in having Pau, Dwight (and Kobe) in the post. That said, Nash will have a field day with pick and roll when he gets back. I just hope Nate McMillan will agree to be an assistant coach for defense, even if its just for one year.post #9415 of 2692711/12/12 at 12:01pm
Not really, KObe already said he'd like Mike. He knew him growing up in Italy and has played for him in international ball.
Phil wanted a SHIT load, including days off to let his assistants coach, ownership, total b-ball decision control, and to basically pick the next coach.
Of course, in balance, outside of the ownership stake it would likely work out for the Laker's.
But I can see both Buses not wanting to just roll over and take it in the ass from Phil.post #9416 of 2692711/12/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Are you for real?
Not even close. Brown hiring sucked, but they got Dwight and Nash and cut bait when they needed to. I'm most dubious of his purging of the management and scouting division.post #9417 of 2692711/12/12 at 12:41pmQuote:
"A much better measure of defense is per possession, and by that measure over the last nine years McMillan's teams in Seattle and Portland ranked 22nd, 14th, 13th, 10th, 20th, 28th, 27th, 27th and 15th in the NBA."
So yeah, McMillan is not much better than D'Antoni in terms of defense.post #9418 of 2692711/12/12 at 12:49pmD'Antoni is a questionable decision at best, if the players (Kobe) like him then he is already ahead of Brown but nothing I've seen of D'Antoni tells me that he can coach this team succesfully. This team is much better suited to Phil's Triangle. That being said, they have enough talent where if he doesn't do anything too stupid they should win 55-60 games on autopilot. If he doesn't work out, there is always Larry Brown.
Anyone see that Rudy Gay behind the back on Lebron dunk?
Dopey, I;m a Knicks fan but in reality we are really 1-0, two games against Philly without Bynum and Iggy and one game against Mavs without Dirk and Marrion shouldn't really count When Wallace, Chandler, Brower, Novak and Pablo P. are on the floor, its like the game is being played in slow motion.post #9419 of 2692711/12/12 at 1:00pmpost #9420 of 2692711/12/12 at 1:12pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 16 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 21 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 25 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Cigars 37 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 43 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 46 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding