or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 591

post #8851 of 27206
Howard's agent now saying that Dwight will test free agency regardless of what team he gets traded to. What a dumbass. If you were insisting on becoming a free agent, why'd you sign that stupid extension with the Magic then demand a trade? Now he's hurting his trade value by waffling on signing extensions. Make up your damn mind about something.
post #8852 of 27206
it's hard to know what's going on, particularly in these days of instant media. funny line in our story this morning about the bynum situation ... turned out both he and his agent were fishing together, so whatever website popped up the speculation was basing it on .... a fishing expedition? that happens in a lot of media these days, but particularly sports. i think it's the jock radio mentality, you can say whatever you want, and the more outrageous the better, because nobody really takes it all that seriously anyway.
post #8853 of 27206
Knicks' Felton says he's better than Lin
It's all worth reading, but here is my favorite - he's practically channeling edmorel:
Quote:
Felton didn’t waste any time setting expectations for his second run with the Knicks, saying they are capable of beating anyone — including the Heat.

“Good enough for the Finals,” Felton said. “This is a contending team without a doubt.”
post #8854 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Knicks' Felton says he's better than Lin
It's all worth reading, but here is my favorite - he's practically channeling edmorel:

Better in eating contest?
post #8855 of 27206
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Knicks' Felton says he's better than Lin
It's all worth reading, but here is my favorite - he's practically channeling edmorel:
Quote:
“Good enough for the Finals,” Felton said. “This is a contending team without a doubt.”

usa-dream-lebron-melo-bosh-wade-roy-nba-funny-photos.jpg
westbrook.gif?w=640&h=360
mj-laughingyuaur.gif
nofoul.gif
1140055_o.gif
kobe-laugh.gif
4602035293_2e7376e537_o.gif
Laugh.gif
post #8856 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Knicks' Felton says he's better than Lin
It's all worth reading, but here is my favorite - he's practically channeling edmorel:


Funny thing is, in a way he is right. On paper, the Knicks frontline should be enough to carry them to a conference final, even if the rest of the team consists of journeymen and past their prime veterans. Unfortunately, the game is not played on paper.

ESPN.com has a good piece on the Jeremy Lin saga, six sides of the story, which shows you that if the Knicks have success, it will be in spite of themselves, not because of them.

BTW, Felton's feelings are managements feelings. They looked at the success Lin had over 25 games running the team and decided it was too small a sample size to take on a contract that was a pittance by their standards. Yet, after a season that saw the team 2 games over 500 and get 1 (barely) playoff win, they feel that by adding Felton and a couple of pre-retirees, they are now contenders confused.gif
post #8857 of 27206
Looks like I was right on point:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8182481/ian-oconnor-blame-carmelo-anthony-loss-jeremy-lin
Quote:

Much as he tried to run away from that "ridiculous contract" quote, Anthony's scrambling came in vain. "Melo didn't want Lin back, I do know that," said one source who has extensive dealings with the Knicks and their players. "Everybody in that locker room wanted Lin back except Melo and J.R. Smith."
post #8858 of 27206
I don't understand. Why wouldn't he want Lin back though? If it's for the betterment of the team, why keep him from staying?
post #8859 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I don't understand. Why wouldn't he want Lin back though? If it's for the betterment of the team, why keep him from staying?

Because its not for the betterment of Carmelo Anthony. The reality is, numbers wise, Felton and Kidd will equal or improve on Lin's output. And now he doesn't have to worry about any of the spotlight being taken off him.
post #8860 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Because its not for the betterment of Carmelo Anthony. The reality is, numbers wise, Felton and Kidd will equal or improve on Lin's output. And now he doesn't have to worry about any of the spotlight being taken off him.

If true, that sounds awfully short-sighted and downright selfish if you ask me. This is basketball, not tennis. The focus should be on the team and not the individual. confused.gif

Then again, maybe there are just some things we aren't privy to. Maybe there's a justifiable reason Melo doesn't like Lin. He might have hurt his feelings or a misunderstanding took place at practice idk. Either way, Melo's almost 30. Shunning someone on the team in order to get more attention just comes off very junior high bball.
post #8861 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Because its not for the betterment of Carmelo Anthony. The reality is, numbers wise, Felton and Kidd will equal or improve on Lin's output. And now he doesn't have to worry about any of the spotlight being taken off him.

Well, I think Lin's output with the Knicks would have been mediocre next year due to the team dynamics, I think Felton will not have the same output he had the first time around as he was not playing with Melo. The funny thing about JR now being Melo's boy is the Melo did not want JR on the Knicks. JR is talented, but he is a bench player, he is too erratic and likes to shoot too much to be a 30+ minute guy. Woodson though seems hell bent on playing him starters minutes. I think the next casualty of the Woodson/Melo/Dolan triumvirate will be Shumpert unfortunately. Its a hell of a time to be a Knicks fan when Melo is basically acting as the GM
post #8862 of 27206
How does he so much say to begin with? Is he in the same league as Iverson in 01'?
post #8863 of 27206
Thread Starter 
Melo has a huge EGO.
The team wants to make him happy.
He would likely prefer lose as the teams superstar at this point than win and let someone else lead the team.

Pretty much answers all your question.
post #8864 of 27206
Melo ... Lulz. lol8[1].gif

OK, going back to crying about the cRaptors now ... frown.gif
post #8865 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

If true, that sounds awfully short-sighted and downright selfish if you ask me. This is basketball, not tennis. The focus should be on the team and not the individual. confused.gif
Then again, maybe there are just some things we aren't privy to. Maybe there's a justifiable reason Melo doesn't like Lin. He might have hurt his feelings or a misunderstanding took place at practice idk. Either way, Melo's almost 30. Shunning someone on the team in order to get more attention just comes off very junior high bball.

The bolded parts sum up Carmelo Anthony's attitude very nicely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread