or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 60

post #886 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
I never really did like Sterling, the Clippers owner.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...of-clipper-gms

he sounds peachy... actually he needs a permanent spot on entourage!
post #887 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Grizzlies ran the Lakers off the court twice this year, no way are they better. That is what you are missing, the Spurs are a better team this year and they have the best record but they are by far not the better or best team. Seriously, look at the Cavs the past few seasons, they have been #1 seed for a while now and look at where it has gotten them? It isn't always as black and white as "he beat this team and has a better record so this is the better team". Sure you can say that if you are talking about a first place team like the Spurs against the team with the worst record like the Kings but within the playoff teams you can't easily say that just because of their standing because although the playoff seed plays a role it isn't the determining factor in a championship run. It will help greatly if they make it to the finals but it isn't a guaranteed trip there.

Granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
^lol you're getting trolled hard bro

is anyone really taking him seriously?

my little nephew knows more about basketball than him

I've been watching basketball since before you were born.

I routinely finish in the money in my FBB leagues (although I'm not doing as well in the Style Forum leagu this year, primarily because KOBE and Nash haven't been performing well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Can a mod be a troll?
I know he despises Kobe and that is his main hate on the Lakers and I have a feeling that if Kobe never existed that Steve probably won't post here at all.

And it's actually fun taking Steve down and it has brought more satisfaction every time the Lakers win so it's all good. It'll be even more fun when the Spurs get eliminated and the Lakers wins that 3peat.

Again, Kobe is the only reason I'm not still a Laker fan.

Do you guys REALLY think the Lakers will 3peat? And I'M trolling?

Did you ever think that no one posts in here but Laker fans, and that I MIGHT be a bit of a balance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
hahaa ya

but then he'd do the same thing that he did past two years, jump on the next bandwagon team that's doing well until they get eliminated then disappear for the next several months only to resurface at the beginning of the season spewing his verbal diarrhea again >> wash, rinse, repeat

You have very little reading comprehension, Jet. Which proves why you're a Laker fan. I always root for the Spurs first. If they lose I don't like it. Would you if the Lakers lost? 2 years ago I liked Orlando because Superman is one of my favorite players. Last year I rooted for the Lakers because I DESPISE the Celtics. I don't like LeBron, or Dirk, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett. I DO like Amar'e, Nash, D Wade, Superman.

I post in the baseball thread when it's baseball season, and in the football thread in football season.

I follow ALL sports, not just basketball.

LA fans are all fan boy/girls. Just watch them head for the exits after 3 quarters
post #888 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Do you guys REALLY think the Lakers will 3peat?
Simple answer, yes. I really do not see much indication why not as of yet. Even with all the loses, Lakers is still 3rd in the West. The way Dallas has been losing due to injuries, they could easily take 2nd place in a week or two. If the Spurs keeps losing and they could (Parker might not play tonight) the Lakers can be right there in first with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
LA fans are all fan boy/girls. Just watch them head for the exits after 3 quarters
Such BS, just because you see all these celebrities on courtside and people being less "cheery" doesn't mean they are less of a fan. Lakers fans are one of the most loyal, you watch any Laker road game and you'd see a lot of Laker jerseys in the arena. There are even times when the Lakers gets cheered on the road because there are more Laker fans in the arena than the home team. I don't even think you can call Clippers fans fanboys since barely anyone can remember when they had a winning season and yet we always hope for the best.
post #889 of 27236
Spurs narrowly avoid 3 game slide
post #890 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
Spurs narrowly avoid 3 game slide

The Lakers lost to Indiana, didn't they?
post #891 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Simple answer, yes. I really do not see much indication why not as of yet. Even with all the loses, Lakers is still 3rd in the West. The way Dallas has been losing due to injuries, they could easily take 2nd place in a week or two. If the Spurs keeps losing and they could (Parker might not play tonight) the Lakers can be right there in first with them.



Such BS, just because you see all these celebrities on courtside and people being less "cheery" doesn't mean they are less of a fan. Lakers fans are one of the most loyal, you watch any Laker road game and you'd see a lot of Laker jerseys in the arena. There are even times when the Lakers gets cheered on the road because there are more Laker fans in the arena than the home team.

I don't even think you can call Clippers fans fanboys since barely anyone can remember when they had a winning season and yet we always hope for the best.

And the Celtics, Heat, even the Magic? There is an Eastern Conference, after all...
post #892 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
The Lakers lost to Indiana, didn't they?

Spurs lost to the Clippers didn't they? Seriously, this will go nowhere. No matter how much you say the Spurs has the best record, the Lakers have won the championship 2 years in a row, simple as that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
And the Celtics, Heat, even the Magic? There is an Eastern Conference, after all...

So? They have to deal with a lot of the Western Conference teams and only one Eastern Conference team. Lakers have beaten the Magic and Celtics in the finals the past 2 years so I am not too worried, at least not at this point in the season.
post #893 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Spurs lost to the Clippers didn't they? Seriously, this will go nowhere. No matter how much you say the Spurs has the best record, the Lakers have won the championship 2 years in a row, simple as that.




So? They have to deal with a lot of the Western Conference teams and only one Eastern Conference team. Lakers have beaten the Magic and Celtics in the finals the past 2 years so I am not too worried, at least not at this point in the season.

No reasoning with a Laker fan...

The Lakers were the last team to 3-peat. But they had Kobe AND Shaq, when in his prime, one of the top 4 centers ever. (Russell, Kareem, Wilt).

Pau's good, but his game is finesse, not power. Bynum is intimidating- but still a project, and still easily injured. I can't wait for the playoffs. I think the bet should be pics of YOU wearing a Spurs jersey or me wearing a Lakers jersey.
post #894 of 27236
Yeah, cause Duncan is obviously pure power and not finesse.

post #895 of 27236
Too easy, too easy
post #896 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
Yeah, cause Duncan is obviously pure power and not finesse.


He was not cited as one of the top 4...CENTERS

Nor his game discussed

because he is a POWER FORWARD...

I think seeing Jet in a Manu jersey instead of that dopey suit would be awesome.
post #897 of 27236
I'm not much of a Kobe (the person) fan but I don't see how Laker problems this early in the season + early Spurs success equals a Spurs ring. Didn't Boston stink for most of last year, go something awful like 1-6 against the 4 best teams in the league and still hold a double digit lead in game 7 of the Finals? Wasn't that 3rd Shaq/Kobe team terrible in the regular season and then just destroyed everyone in the playoffs? Obviously, Spurs have a decent shot along with Boston, Orlando (if they gel), Dallas (if Dirk comes back the same) and the Lakers (Miami gets an outside shot even if they do run a ramshackle offense). Even with all their problems lately they might just turn it on come playoffs. Too talented + ring experience means they're the favorite. I do think that Kobe will be done as a top tier talent possibly next season. He looks like he's showing a lot of wear. But who cares about this argument in January? We know who the top teams are. We'll see them in the second round. I'm much more interested in watching the Clippers on a nightly basis than any of the above.
post #898 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaraque View Post
I'm not much of a Kobe (the person) fan but I don't see how Laker problems this early in the season + early Spurs success equals a Spurs ring. Didn't Boston stink for most of last year, go something awful like 1-6 against the 4 best teams in the league and still hold a double digit lead in game 7 of the Finals? Wasn't that 3rd Shaq/Kobe team terrible in the regular season and then just destroyed everyone in the playoffs?

Obviously, Spurs have a decent shot along with Boston, Orlando (if they gel), Dallas (if Dirk comes back the same) and the Lakers (Miami gets an outside shot even if they do run a ramshackle offense). Even with all their problems lately they might just turn it on come playoffs. Too talented + ring experience means they're the favorite. I do think that Kobe will be done as a top tier talent possibly next season. He looks like he's showing a lot of wear.

But who cares about this argument in January? We know who the top teams are. We'll see them in the second round. I'm much more interested in watching the Clippers on a nightly basis than any of the above.

there should be no regular season then. maybe a 82 game playoff bonanza.
post #899 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
there should be no regular season then. maybe a 82 game playoff bonanza.

In most years the regular season would matter, but the league is so top heavy this year it only comes into play in terms of injury and playoff seeding. Have there been surprises at who the title contenders are? Maybe that Dirk was playing out of mind but as far as I recall the best teams in the league right now have been the best teams in the league for a while or were picked to be the best this year.

I don't think things will be as clear cut next year as a lot of these elite teams are older but I don't think the regular season matters much this season.
post #900 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
He was not cited as one of the top 4...CENTERS

Nor his game discussed

because he is a POWER FORWARD...

I think seeing Jet in a Manu jersey instead of that dopey suit would be awesome.

Yet you were talking about PAU GASOL who is also a forward.

How thick are you?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread