or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 568

post #8506 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Get over it dude, Westbrook is staying as a PG. I don't know why you believe so bad that the team has to be blown up. The team keep improving and they take it one step further every year, literally. By that calculation, they'd be champions next year. A successful team that has made the finals isn't going to blow up the team or change peoples roles since they are successful so far. They are young, athletic and getting tons of experience and adapting to it quick. They got Thabeet so they just got taller and more athletic, the team is good, just need more bench scoring and not much else.


Whoa nelly... Hasheem Thabeet. Break out the champagne.

Trading Harden for a top PG is not blowing up the team. You're overstating that. Never suggested any more.

Meanwhile Nash goes and licks balls with Kobe. Could have gotten him or Jason Kidd as a free agent. Can you imagine how much better the Thunder would be with either of them?
post #8507 of 27204
Ray Allen to South Beach
post #8508 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Whoa nelly... Hasheem Thabeet. Break out the champagne.
Trading Harden for a top PG is not blowing up the team. You're overstating that. Never suggested any more.
Meanwhile Nash goes and licks balls with Kobe. Could have gotten him or Jason Kidd as a free agent. Can you imagine how much better the Thunder would be with either of them?

As a free agent, Nash had the leverage and power to choose where to go. There were only three teams on his list: New York (his off-season home), Toronto, and LA.

LA won out because of championship odds and proximity to his children.
Who else can the Thunder even try to get? Not many elite PGs in the league. DWill stayed with the Nets. Kidd is old and plays old.

What are the Mavs gonna do now? They were primed to get Dwill AND Howard. Would've loved to see a big D three of Dirk, Deron, and Dwight.
post #8509 of 27204
So J. Kidd says he wanted to tutor Jeremy Lin and THAT's why he signed with NY. Uhhh...
post #8510 of 27204
who are the knicks going to get to tutor Jimmy Dolan?
post #8511 of 27204
lol Rambo .. when was that announced? A bit late right?
post #8512 of 27204
Ray Allen really helps the Heat...he's a true pro so hopefully he fits in amongst the enemy. I particularly enjoyed reading that one of the reasons for him not signing with Boston was a "strained relationship with Rondo"...Rondo is the biggest punk ass in the league and I love even the suggestion that his attitude caused this.

I suppose I'm just being greedy but I hope they get Camby too....he's exactly what they need and even if he's got nothing left it isn't a big risk

also, lol at idfnl now talking like an OKC fan
post #8513 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Ray Allen really helps the Heat...he's a true pro so hopefully he fits in amongst the enemy. I particularly enjoyed reading that one of the reasons for him not signing with Boston was a "strained relationship with Rondo"...Rondo is the biggest punk ass in the league and I love even the suggestion that his attitude caused this.
I suppose I'm just being greedy but I hope they get Camby too....he's exactly what they need and even if he's got nothing left it isn't a big risk
also, lol at idfnl now talking like an OKC fan

I do sound that way, dont I? Its just so obvious to me the last piece that team needs to win them a championship and I cant understand how they didnt try considering Nash and Kidd both moved.

Ray Allen is now a bitch.
post #8514 of 27204
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Whoa nelly... Hasheem Thabeet. Break out the champagne.
Trading Harden for a top PG is not blowing up the team. You're overstating that. Never suggested any more.
Meanwhile Nash goes and licks balls with Kobe. Could have gotten him or Jason Kidd as a free agent. Can you imagine how much better the Thunder would be with either of them?

BS you've been saying the team needs to be blown up ever since they started losing in the Finals. Everyone here can corroborate on it, don't even lie.

Trading Harden for a PG would put Westbrook where? He can't play SG, he'll get owned by guys like Kobe & Joe Johnson and Wade, not to mention dude would barely score w/o the ball on his hand, he isn't a spot up shooter. Westbrook is a PG, not a pass first PG but he is a PG and a PG the has been effective for the most part of the playoffs. W/o Harden, who would score from the bench? You can't put Westbrook there or he'll rebel, dude is already looks unstable out on the court, he'd go crazy and leave if he is benched.

Again, you don't break your core (which includes Harden as the only scorer from the bench) that has been winning and improving. Think about what you are typing first. Nash clearly picked LA to be near his kids (an hour flight to Phoenix) and OKC didn't offer him shit so what the hell do you want to do? Playing in OKC isn't even an option. Kidd, I don't understand but they don't need to becoming slower with Kidd, they already got Fisher for that and they aren't utilizing any other PG other than Westbrook & Harden. And yes, you are fucking insane to even try and trade Harden. Unless you can get Dwight for him, he still had a very high ceiling and have a great future in the league.

Laugh at Thabeet but that is an improvement for their bench and all they really need are small tweaks to the team and they could win it all. Another length and defensive specialist when Ibaka sits.
post #8515 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

who are the knicks going to get to tutor Jimmy Dolan?

Uhhhh....Donald Sterling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

lol Rambo .. when was that announced? A bit late right?

You might not want to read this Ed. It brings the facepalm.gif
Quote:
Veteran point guard Jason Kidd says he doesn't care whether he starts or comes off the bench for the Knicks next season.

He just wants to win.

In an interview Friday on 98.7 FM ESPNNewYork, Kidd said he is prepared to play whichever role coach Mike Woodson wants and is comfortable playing 20-25 minutes per night.

Kidd agreed in principle to join the Knicks on Thursday. The 39-year-old likely will serve as a backup to Jeremy Lin, who signed a $28.8 million offer sheet with the Houston Rockets the Knicks are expected to match.

Kidd said he decided to join the Knicks over the Mavs because of the quality of New York's roster.

"You look at their roster, you've got some great pieces," Kidd said. "With the intention of signing Lin back, I saw that I can help. Hopefully, (I can) help them win and help Lin. He's a talented point guard, so at this stage of my career, I just felt that I could help those guys win."

Kidd's contract, which ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports is for $9 million over three years, can't be signed until July 11, the first day new NBA contracts can be signed. It's also possible, one source told Stein, that Kidd ultimately could move to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal.

If Kidd is brought in via a sign-and-trade, it may allow the Knicks to use their "mini mid-level" exception on another player.

Knicks PG Jason Kidd says he doesn't need to start but he wants to be in the game for the final six minutes.

Regardless of how he is obtained, Kidd made one thing clear on Friday: He hopes to be on the floor in the closing minutes of games next season.

"I'm not 25 years old and I don't need the fireworks when my name is called (for) the starting lineup," Kidd said. "I just want to be in there at the end of the game to try to help the team win. ... The last six minutes of an NBA game is where you make your name, so hopefully I'm in there trying to help my guys win."

If Kidd is on the floor in the closing minutes, that may force Lin to the bench. Kidd is expected to serve as a mentor to the 23-year-old Lin -- a role he is comfortable with.

Kidd says he hopes to help Lin understand that "you don't have to have the big numbers every night, you just need to be consistent. Hopefully, I can be there to talk to him and help him out with that."

When asked if he thought Lin could be a great player or a good player Kidd gave a rather diplomatic answer, saying he thinks the third-year guard will become a consistent player.

"That's up to (the media) to label him as great or good. I think if you're consistent in this league, you'll win a lot of ball games," Kidd said.

Many Knicks fans hope Kidd can help Amare Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony develop some much-needed chemistry this year. Kidd is hoping for the same thing.

The 18-year veteran called trying to get the trio of Stoudemire, Anthony and Tyson Chandler to fit together "a great challenge."

"Hopefully, I can make those pieces run smooth," Kidd said. "I think it's a great opportunity."

Kidd also reiterated that point guard Deron Williams was very close to signing with Dallas but decided to join Brooklyn after the franchise added valuable pieces -- such as Joe Johnson -- to the roster.
post #8516 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

BS you've been saying the team needs to be blown up ever since they started losing in the Finals. Everyone here can corroborate on it, don't even lie.
Trading Harden for a PG would put Westbrook where? He can't play SG, he'll get owned by guys like Kobe & Joe Johnson and Wade, not to mention dude would barely score w/o the ball on his hand, he isn't a spot up shooter. Westbrook is a PG, not a pass first PG but he is a PG and a PG the has been effective for the most part of the playoffs. W/o Harden, who would score from the bench? You can't put Westbrook there or he'll rebel, dude is already looks unstable out on the court, he'd go crazy and leave if he is benched.
Again, you don't break your core (which includes Harden as the only scorer from the bench) that has been winning and improving. Think about what you are typing first. Nash clearly picked LA to be near his kids (an hour flight to Phoenix) and OKC didn't offer him shit so what the hell do you want to do? Playing in OKC isn't even an option. Kidd, I don't understand but they don't need to becoming slower with Kidd, they already got Fisher for that and they aren't utilizing any other PG other than Westbrook & Harden. And yes, you are fucking insane to even try and trade Harden. Unless you can get Dwight for him, he still had a very high ceiling and have a great future in the league.
Laugh at Thabeet but that is an improvement for their bench and all they really need are small tweaks to the team and they could win it all. Another length and defensive specialist when Ibaka sits.

Show me a post where I said that...

All I said is, if I recall, trade Harden for a top PG, like a Rubio. Move R W to the 2. I dont agree he'd get owned, he can defend well enough, speed makes up for a lot of errors. I also suggested getting Ray Allen if I recall but he went bitch and took his talents to S Beach. Allen was a good 6th man. Or Jason Terry. I vaguely recall a suggestion of trading Perkins. Otherwise the only other suggestion I made is Garnett joining. I'd have to look back at the rest but hardly blowing up a team.
post #8517 of 27204
I hope Lin goes to Houston where all the Asians are

He just doesn't get the respect in NY [from his fellow teammates]
post #8518 of 27204
Thread Starter 
It's there, I'm too lazy and buzzed to go back and quote you but it's there. And again, getting rid of Harden (third scorer and only bench scorer) and getting a PG that would put Westbrook out of position is blowing up the team. And he will get owned, he is fast but he isn't as strong to defend post ups and he isn't as smart as Rondo or Wade to get steals on a one on one game. Again, he scores with the ball in his hand. With another PG, he'll barely score because his moves are stop and pop or just simply pass by everyone and drive to the paint.

And why are you getting mad at Allen like OKC sent him an offer?
I haven't seen much report of OKC pursuing much of these stars so again why get mad at these players for not going to OKC?
post #8519 of 27204
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

I hope Lin goes to Houston where all the Asians are
He just doesn't get the respect in NY [from his fellow teammates]

Looks like it'll depend on NY matching the offer.
post #8520 of 27204
Westbrook = Stephon Marbury 2.0 lol8[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread