Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 1:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 548post #8206 of 270636/22/12 at 6:41ampost #8207 of 270636/22/12 at 6:41ampost #8208 of 270636/22/12 at 7:40amQuote:
We agree on something- Boston is #1 goal for a loss.
The Spurs will win another chip before the Lakers do.
Go Spurs Go.post #8209 of 270636/22/12 at 7:53amQuote:Quote:post #8210 of 270636/22/12 at 8:40amQuote:
You can think that if you want but I am confident that, at least for the present, the owner of every other team in the league (which includes the "other teams" that you would rather have than the Heat) would trade all of his players for all of the Heat's players. In a heartbeat.post #8211 of 270636/22/12 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by mxgreen
You can think that if you want but I am confident that, at least for the present, the owner of every other team in the league (which includes the "other teams" that you would rather have than the Heat) would trade all of his players for all of the Heat's players. In a heartbeat.
I wouldnt trade the Bulls lineup or the Thunder's for Miami. I believe both are better teams, even though OKC need a real PG.
But if the competition were around ball licking, hands down the Heat would be the best team in the league.post #8212 of 270636/22/12 at 9:16ampost #8213 of 270636/22/12 at 9:23ampost #8214 of 270636/22/12 at 9:49ampost #8215 of 270636/22/12 at 12:32pmpost #8216 of 270636/22/12 at 12:38pmsidebar - i watched an interview of skip bailess (sp?) with mark cuban, and s.a. smith with cuban. he pwned them both. it was awesome.
i dont think ive ever listened to bailess (sp?) before, but he has got to be the most annoying asshole in the world. i wanted to punch him in the mouth after about 3 seconds of hearing him.post #8217 of 270636/22/12 at 12:42pmQuote:
If you were the Bulls' GM and turned down the opportunity to trade the Bulls roster for the Heat roster you would be fired.
As far as OKC I can understand a person believing its roster was better than the Heat's roster prior to the Finals but not after watching the Finals. As the Finals progressed, the Heat's defense made it more difficult for Durant to get the ball in his preferred spots. And, the Heat's double-teaming stifled Harden when he got the ball on the outside. Harden's offense was probably also hurt by the effort that he was required to exert on the defensive end. The Heat exposed the Thunder as less than a complete offensive team. The Thunder only got 5 double digit games from persons other than Durant and Westbrook in the series' five games. That is not very good. Conversely, during the series the Heat's offense improved. The Thunder just could not deal with LeBron's playmaking from the block. And, unlike the Thunder, the Heat's role players were able to score. The Heat got 12 double digit games from persons other than James and Wade. As good a scorer as Durant is he is nowhere near the complete player that James is.
At the present, the Heat is a better team than the Thunder. Even a blind man can see that.
Edited by mxgreen - 6/22/12 at 6:32pmpost #8218 of 270636/22/12 at 12:45pmThread StarterQuote:
I guess we really have to qualify players to be considered Superstar, as in the tier 1 of players you would start a franchise with like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Durant, Howard, etc...
Kobe won championships and I am not sure I'd categorize Pau as a Superstar. A legit All-Star like Bosh but I'm just not 100% sure on Superstar status.
The 2004 Pistons championship team for sure won w/o a legit Superstar, no arguments there.
The Spurs really only had Duncan as it's Superstar as well, Parker wasn't in his peak in the first 3 titles and I am not sure he is a Superstar right now? Maybe he is considered a Superstar now that the Spurs is his team and not Duncans anymore? Robinson was on his way out too in his title runs with the Spurs.
Heck the Mavs only had Dirk last year as a Superstar.
In the past decade, I think the Heat is the only team that has won with 2 legit Superstars (tier 1) and 1 All-Star (tier 2) players all in their prime.post #8219 of 270636/22/12 at 1:09pm
Ok, I might have been a little too loose with the term superstar there. I mean teams without a fantastic 2nd banana rarely ever win.
And since the Jordan era ended, the only two teams I'd classify as such are last year's Mavs and the 04 Pistons. You can argue that Chandler is a legitimate 2nd banana, but I'd say nay. And the 04 Pistons are really an anomaly.
As for Chicago's case, I'd say Deng is at best a 3rd banana.post #8220 of 270636/22/12 at 1:48pmThread StarterI really wouldn't rate Chandler 3rd tier, he's a defensive specialist and that is pretty much it. He doesn't have much post move either.
For the Bulls, I'd say Noah is a good tier 2-3 player too, he just gobbles up rebounds and can actually score when needed (has decent jumpshot and can hustle, just not a solid post up move but better than Chandler). Just a solid double-double guy, he likely surpassed Boozer in ranking too, which is another tier 3-4 player. They have a good mix in Chicago and I really, truly believe they could have gotten far w/ him healthy.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 17 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Belstaff Cougar Small 31 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 36 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...