Dont count out Memphis, better team than you think. Celtics put together a few games and they're there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 442post #6616 of 270174/10/12 at 4:34ampost #6617 of 270174/10/12 at 9:00ampost #6618 of 270174/10/12 at 9:32amThread Starterpost #6619 of 270174/10/12 at 9:35ampost #6620 of 270174/10/12 at 9:39amThread Starterpost #6621 of 270174/10/12 at 9:45ampost #6622 of 270174/10/12 at 9:50ampost #6623 of 270174/10/12 at 9:52ampost #6624 of 270174/10/12 at 10:28am
The playoffs are all about matchups. If Memphis played Dallas in the first round last year instead of the Spurs, we might be talking about the Spurs as defending champs instead. Who knows.
All I know is Memphis matches up well with everyone in the west other than maybe the Lakers, since their size advantage would be offset. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see them in the conference finals.post #6625 of 270174/10/12 at 10:30ampost #6626 of 270174/10/12 at 10:40amThread StarterMatch ups matter but it isn't all about that. The Lakes has no match in size but they lost to Dallas last year and who their bigs? Chandler and Dirk? Lakers finally plugged the hole in their rotation by getting Sessions yet they continue to lose. So no, it isn't all about match-ups, if it is, the Lakers with Kobe, healthy Bynum, Pau, MWP and Sessions should be undefeated because you really can't match that much offense and defense. Bulls wouldn't be winning so much either if it's all about match-ups.post #6627 of 270174/10/12 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
Match ups matter but it isn't all about that. The Lakes has no match in size but they lost to Dallas last year and who their bigs? Chandler and Dirk? Lakers finally plugged the hole in their rotation by getting Sessions yet they continue to lose. So no, it isn't all about match-ups, if it is, the Lakers with Kobe, healthy Bynum, Pau, MWP and Sessions should be undefeated because you really can't match that much offense and defense. Bulls wouldn't be winning so much either if it's all about match-ups.
lakers lost because they could not match up with Dirk offensively and Chandler defensively, you just say that yourself. I do expect the Lakers to go far in the playoffs for the reasons you just mentioned and I don't expect the Bulls to go far for the same reasons. The regular season does not matter a whole lot in the playoffs.post #6628 of 270174/10/12 at 11:08am
The Lakers didn't really have a matchup advantage last year against Dallas. Dirk and Chandler had enough size (we're talking two 7 footers here) to matchup against Bynum and Gasol. And don't forget that Bynum was nowhere near the offensive force he is this year and Pau was going through a miserable slump.
If anything, Dallas had the advantage because the Lakers were one of the worst teams in giving up 3 pointers last year and Dallas shot the lights out on them.
And the regular season is a whole other beast than the playoffs. Matchups don't matter as much because teams have less time to prepare and need to rest their guys more. The Lakers aren't undefeated because the other 5 guys they play everyday stink. That doesn't matter as much in the playoffs because the game slows down and the bench shortens.
And the regular season is perfect environment for the Bulls. They are super deep and play consistently great defense. That wins you games in the regular season. But come the playoffs, they're not going to make it passed the conference finals because all Miami needs to do is stop Rose. And Miami just so happens to have two of the best perimeter defenders in the league.
Chicago = LeBron era Cleveland.post #6629 of 270174/10/12 at 11:31amThread StarterYou guys are looking at it on one side on the Dallas/Laker series. Lakers should be dominant on offense when it comes to bigs. Bynum and Pau are both offensively capable while Dirk is the only one who cans core consistently than Chandler. Did the Lakers big take advantage? Nope!
On defense, Pau defended Dirk like crap but Bynum should be able to dominate in the paint defensively as Chandler. Was he? Nope!. Pua is a good defender too but did he had lapses on leaving Dirk open? Many times.
On hindsight, it's easy to say Dallas had the advantage but before that series, everyone was picking the Lakers and your crazy if you predicted Dallas would go all the way before that. The team imploded for some reason, Pau got extra soft and Bynum acted like an idiot but seriously, look at the match-ups on paper, the Laker should have been an overwhelming winner of the two.
In the Finals, did Lebron, Wade and Bosh really had a match in Dallas? Not really. Lebron choked and Wade has to carry the team by himself so they failed. Roster-wise, you can't even say Dallas is very deep, they pretty much compressed they roster to 8-9 guys in the playoffs.
Again, think about the match-ups w/o knowing the outcome and you'd see that it isn't all about that. Again, how many predicted Dallas the chip last year even when the playoff started? Practically no one.post #6630 of 270174/10/12 at 11:39amwell, at the end of the day sports are unpredictable, if it was easy to pick winners I'd be retired. All you can do is play the percentages/matchups/experience etc. When I look at those things, I like the Spurs or Lakers out West. The East is more open and you can get Boston, Miami or even Indiana coming out on top. Obviously Chicago is a good team but I just don't see why so many people pick them to go all the way, they match up badly versus pretty much any team they would face and a 5-7 game series is very tough to win with one legitimate prime time scorer, even Jordan needed Pippen and a front line to win it all.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 36 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 6 minutes ago
- › Cigars 7 minutes ago
- › PATRIK ERVELL FLEECE JACKET TURQUOISE MELANGE - L 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...