or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 43

post #631 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by thats.mana View Post
I was a bit hesitant to pick him up, glad I did tho. I also wondered why he was still available when I went looking.

I dropped him because I knew Brooks would be coming back soon. Even though he's still playing great and is getting the minutes right now, I don't mind that I dropped him because he's only a short term option.
post #632 of 27204
^^ true but I think I dropped nick young for him so I can't complain. And Steph Curry
post #633 of 27204
Too bad the Spurs don't attract the same national attention as the media darlings. I attend or watch on local tv every game. They are simply rolling over almost everyone they play. It's a massacre.
post #634 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
I'm confused, which play were you talking about? IIRC, Clips were down by 1 and thats when they had to score so when they got the opportunity they did, when Gordon drove and dropped it to Jordan for the dunk. Next play was Lakers ball and Kobe dribbling around and Gordon fouls him with 3 seconds left. That's how I remember it and if the Clips had to capitalize and score, thats what they had to do, you can't pass up that chance. It might have been a bigger risk if they waited for the clock to run, the Laker defense set and not get up a shot or get a bad look. Considering they had a foul to give, they did the right thing I think since they can foul and and make it harder for the Lakers to make the final shot, which Fisher did anyways.

Yeah...that's the one. Yeah, they had the shot and I guess you take it if it's there, BUT I just can't remember a time when any team didn't put their play maker at the top of the key and had him dribble until about 8-7sec left on the clock for the game winner.

Maybe you're right....the foul to give does sort of change the dynamic.
post #635 of 27204
how bout dem knicks!i think were a carmelo anthony and a solid big man away from contending
Amare for MVP so far.
post #636 of 27204
Thread Starter 
This dude tried to dunk from the free throw line in the game.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #637 of 27204
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Yeah...that's the one. Yeah, they had the shot and I guess you take it if it's there, BUT I just can't remember a time when any team didn't put their play maker at the top of the key and had him dribble until about 8-7sec left on the clock for the game winner.

Maybe you're right....the foul to give does sort of change the dynamic.

I've seen it several times, like some wants to depend on their defense or if the lane just open up like it did for the Clips. Or they just want more time in case they miss they can play the fouling game, it gives them more chance to win than a single shot.
post #638 of 27204
At Mcgee trying to dunk from the free throw line when your team is getting whooped on by the worst team in the L.
post #639 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post
how bout dem knicks!i think were a carmelo anthony and a solid big man away from contending
Amare for MVP so far.

A carmelo anthony and a solid big is a lot to get haha but I get what your saying. Amare has been looking real good this season and I'm impressed. Let's just hope he can keep it up and stay healthy since I just traded Kevin Durant in 2 of my leagues for a combo of amare & tony parker and amare & aaron brooks.
post #640 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Yeah...that's the one. Yeah, they had the shot and I guess you take it if it's there, BUT I just can't remember a time when any team didn't put their play maker at the top of the key and had him dribble until about 8-7sec left on the clock for the game winner.

Maybe you're right....the foul to give does sort of change the dynamic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
I've seen it several times, like some wants to depend on their defense or if the lane just open up like it did for the Clips. Or they just want more time in case they miss they can play the fouling game, it gives them more chance to win than a single shot.

If you're down by 1 but have the last shot, you want to take it somewhat early so you have a chance to crash the boards and get another play.

Unless I read the situation wrong, I didn't watch the game
post #641 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dks202 View Post
Too bad the Spurs don't attract the same national attention as the media darlings. I attend or watch on local tv every game. They are simply rolling over almost everyone they play. It's a massacre.

+1

Like the Lakettes.
post #642 of 27204
Don't look now but Lakers are 16-6 and Heat 15-8...
post #643 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Don't look now but Lakers are 16-6 and Heat 15-8...

meh..*yawn.


wake me up when april gets here.
post #644 of 27204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Don't look now but Lakers are 16-6 and Heat 15-8...
just for fun, i'm rereading the last 5 pages of this thread. now that they're on a 6 win streak, are all the poasters who were burying the Heat because of their losing streak now ready to give them the championship? seems only fair
post #645 of 27204
lets see them beat the celtics or the lakers and we'll see what they're made of.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread