or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 401

post #6001 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjeezle View Post

is it just me or are dunks getting worse and worse each year?

How many different ways can you possibly dump a ball in a hole? Dunk contest was a fad and had its day a decade ago.
post #6002 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

How many different ways can you possibly dump a ball in a hole? Dunk contest was a fad and had its day a decade ago.

Eh, is it really any worse than the Home Run Derby?

I think it's something that you would still think is really cool if you were twelve years old. Let the kiddies have their fun.
post #6003 of 27236
dunk contestis corny. looked at the replay this morning. what a waste....
post #6004 of 27236
I hate that people cream themselves over mediocre dunks just because someone adds props or a stupid skit before they actually do the dunk. I blame Blake Griffin who started this shit with a lame dunk that somehow got a 50 because there was a choir and a Kia.

the next dunk champion should do a simple two handed dunk with his shorts down and his dick hanging out, since that's the kind of thing the people seem to want
post #6005 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

the next dunk champion should do a simple two handed dunk with his shorts down and his dick hanging out, since that's the kind of thing the people seem to want

Well, now we know where you're at.
post #6006 of 27236
The dunk contest was pathetic. Hollinger is right when he says Shumpert was the real winner because he couldn't participate.


They need to either cancel it completely or ban all props, 2 balls, stupid clothing, etc. Just bring it back to playground: one guy, one ball, and his athleticism. NBA players were tweeting that the D-League contest was actually better.


The thing last night was just so badly contrived, starting with Diddy and Budinger.

post #6007 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

the next dunk champion should do a simple two handed dunk with his shorts down and his dick hanging out, since that's the kind of thing the people seem to want

lol8[1].gif
post #6008 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post

stupid clothing

A dunk in the dark where nobody could even see the rim? And shit he wore was barely glowing. He just looked like a guy jumping that you could barely see.

The only dunk remotely interesting was the blindfolded one. Even that was tired since its been done before.
post #6009 of 27236
i still dont understand how it works. do you just count the steps or something? i didn't actually see the contest but apparently budinger missed a few times

also the whole jumping over things dunks have been done to death. i wanted to see more acrobatic ones like 720 reverse through the leg windmill elbow dunk
post #6010 of 27236
i think in the end budinger actually looked down because to me it looked like his blindfold wasn't on all the way.

ps. i don't see the big deal about all star weekend... most of my friends cancel everything to watch it... but they always end up complaining about it
post #6011 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I hate that people cream themselves over mediocre dunks just because someone adds props or a stupid skit before they actually do the dunk. I blame Blake Griffin who started this shit with a lame dunk that somehow got a 50 because there was a choir and a Kia.

Blame Griffin? Dwight started all the props with his cape then a 12-foot rim and then Nate jumping over him. To be honest, Blakes car prop is the best prop that has been used than just some lame motorcycle, cape or taller rim. The NBA just didn't want Blake to actually jump over the roof of the car and kill himself.

Dunk was horrible last night but there are some highlights. DWills 360 oop from the side of the board was pretty good. PGs second dunk would have been better if you saw what he did. His last dunk would have been good too if he executed it the first time. Evans dunk of the two balls as an alley oop was decent since it only took him two tries. I think McGee took 7-10 times last year to do it and he didn't even jump over anyone. Overall, terrible competition and I really do not see it getting better any time soon. First step is to actually have big name stars compete not just some unknowns who are just trying to make a name for themselves. But even then someone like Lebron would just get huge pops for power dunks, I'd still rather see him than these guys though.
post #6012 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

How many different ways can you possibly dump a ball in a hole? Dunk contest was a fad and had its day a decade ago.

You need to watch the flight brothers on youtube or even the Sprite Slam Dunk contest easlier yesterday. There are still creative dunks out there w/o a use of a prop, you'd be surprised at what you see. I wish they invited James White when he was still in the league, he's the only guy I saw complete this dunk.
post #6013 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Blame Griffin? Dwight started all the props with his cape then a 12-foot rim and then Nate jumping over him. To be honest, Blakes car prop is the best prop that has been used than just some lame motorcycle, cape or taller rim. The NBA just didn't want Blake to actually jump over the roof of the car and kill himself
yeah, i do. you make a good point about Dwight - he did start a lot of this. when he won he had some sick dunks but the final cape dunk was plain idiotic.

but i still blame Blake for taking it to whole new ridiculous level. i think it took 7 minutes for all the bullshit before they even handed him the ball. and then for some shit dunk that you wouldn't even comment on if he did it in a game. so now this other dude needs to come up with something this year so he subjects us to this annoying-as-fuck mailman skit.

edit - and what's annoying is that Blake truly deserved to win the contest with some simply unbelievable dunks in the earlier rounds. which is what made that final dunk even more disappointing.
post #6014 of 27236
Thread Starter 
You do know jumping over the car was Kenny Smiths idea right? You really can't blame Blake just because these dumb new players tries to top it, it really isn't that hard.

But your point of that dunk not getting comment if done in game, chances are it'll be more impressive since chances are there will someone there trying to block him. I mean it might as well be this dunk and see how much better that is?
post #6015 of 27236
Thread Starter 
ASG dunks > Slam Dunk Comp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread