How many different ways can you possibly dump a ball in a hole? Dunk contest was a fad and had its day a decade ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 401post #6001 of 273592/26/12 at 5:02ampost #6002 of 273592/26/12 at 5:58amQuote:
Eh, is it really any worse than the Home Run Derby?
I think it's something that you would still think is really cool if you were twelve years old. Let the kiddies have their fun.post #6003 of 273592/26/12 at 7:15ampost #6004 of 273592/26/12 at 1:46pmI hate that people cream themselves over mediocre dunks just because someone adds props or a stupid skit before they actually do the dunk. I blame Blake Griffin who started this shit with a lame dunk that somehow got a 50 because there was a choir and a Kia.
the next dunk champion should do a simple two handed dunk with his shorts down and his dick hanging out, since that's the kind of thing the people seem to wantpost #6005 of 273592/26/12 at 1:50pmpost #6006 of 273592/26/12 at 2:03pmThe dunk contest was pathetic. Hollinger is right when he says Shumpert was the real winner because he couldn't participate.
They need to either cancel it completely or ban all props, 2 balls, stupid clothing, etc. Just bring it back to playground: one guy, one ball, and his athleticism. NBA players were tweeting that the D-League contest was actually better.
The thing last night was just so badly contrived, starting with Diddy and Budinger.post #6007 of 273592/26/12 at 2:46pmpost #6008 of 273592/26/12 at 2:48pm
A dunk in the dark where nobody could even see the rim? And shit he wore was barely glowing. He just looked like a guy jumping that you could barely see.
The only dunk remotely interesting was the blindfolded one. Even that was tired since its been done before.post #6009 of 273592/26/12 at 3:16pmi still dont understand how it works. do you just count the steps or something? i didn't actually see the contest but apparently budinger missed a few times
also the whole jumping over things dunks have been done to death. i wanted to see more acrobatic ones like 720 reverse through the leg windmill elbow dunkpost #6010 of 273592/26/12 at 3:45pmpost #6011 of 273592/26/12 at 3:58pmThread StarterQuote:
Blame Griffin? Dwight started all the props with his cape then a 12-foot rim and then Nate jumping over him. To be honest, Blakes car prop is the best prop that has been used than just some lame motorcycle, cape or taller rim. The NBA just didn't want Blake to actually jump over the roof of the car and kill himself.
Dunk was horrible last night but there are some highlights. DWills 360 oop from the side of the board was pretty good. PGs second dunk would have been better if you saw what he did. His last dunk would have been good too if he executed it the first time. Evans dunk of the two balls as an alley oop was decent since it only took him two tries. I think McGee took 7-10 times last year to do it and he didn't even jump over anyone. Overall, terrible competition and I really do not see it getting better any time soon. First step is to actually have big name stars compete not just some unknowns who are just trying to make a name for themselves. But even then someone like Lebron would just get huge pops for power dunks, I'd still rather see him than these guys though.post #6012 of 273592/26/12 at 4:05pmThread StarterQuote:
You need to watch the flight brothers on youtube or even the Sprite Slam Dunk contest easlier yesterday. There are still creative dunks out there w/o a use of a prop, you'd be surprised at what you see. I wish they invited James White when he was still in the league, he's the only guy I saw complete this dunk.post #6013 of 273592/26/12 at 4:27pmQuote:yeah, i do. you make a good point about Dwight - he did start a lot of this. when he won he had some sick dunks but the final cape dunk was plain idiotic.Originally Posted by RFX45
Blame Griffin? Dwight started all the props with his cape then a 12-foot rim and then Nate jumping over him. To be honest, Blakes car prop is the best prop that has been used than just some lame motorcycle, cape or taller rim. The NBA just didn't want Blake to actually jump over the roof of the car and kill himself
but i still blame Blake for taking it to whole new ridiculous level. i think it took 7 minutes for all the bullshit before they even handed him the ball. and then for some shit dunk that you wouldn't even comment on if he did it in a game. so now this other dude needs to come up with something this year so he subjects us to this annoying-as-fuck mailman skit.
edit - and what's annoying is that Blake truly deserved to win the contest with some simply unbelievable dunks in the earlier rounds. which is what made that final dunk even more disappointing.post #6014 of 273592/26/12 at 4:36pmThread StarterYou do know jumping over the car was Kenny Smiths idea right? You really can't blame Blake just because these dumb new players tries to top it, it really isn't that hard.
But your point of that dunk not getting comment if done in game, chances are it'll be more impressive since chances are there will someone there trying to block him. I mean it might as well be this dunk and see how much better that is?post #6015 of 273592/26/12 at 5:59pmThread Starter
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Eidos Napoli 58 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › BNWT Arc'teryx Veilance Sinter IS Coat - XS (fits large) 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...