or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 41

post #601 of 27236
HA!

This one has the Ladees no. 7.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings


Threepeat my dyin' ass.
post #602 of 27236
Thread Starter 
You believe that list? It has Miami as 5, how can you take it seriously?
List also lists the Bulls higher than NO and Denver. List is laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
They don't need to. They are no longer a 3 dimensional team. Look at the mins, scoring, rebounding etc.

They don't have to stay healthy? Stop it, if Parker or Ginobili even Duncan goes down, this team won't make it past the first round. And lets see, looking at the minutes, Ginobili is on the starting 5 now and averaging 33 minutes, 5 minutes more than last year and a career high and has been scoring more. Parker is also averaging 33 minutes a game, 3 minutes more from last year and averaging his career high in ast and stls. Duncan is still averaging 30 minutes, about a minute less than last year but has career lows in pts and reb (only about 1 less in rebounds but still a career low).

So you really think this team doesn't have to stay healthy? Losing any of those 3 would be a big blow to the team. Duncan is the one with the career lows but no one in that team can take his place, he does more than just score and rebound, he's a threat on offense and defense. You think if Blair became their main big they'd guard him 15-20 feet from the rim? You think Splitter can do a fourth of the job Duncan does? Hell no. I don't even have to tell you that no one in that team can do what Ginobili does. Hill did a good job replacing Parker last year but he is still no Tony Parker. Jefferson is doing better from last year but not that much.
post #603 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
You believe that list? It has Miami as 5, how can you take it seriously?
List also lists the Bulls higher than NO and Denver. List is laughable.



They don't have to stay healthy? Stop it, if Parker or Ginobili even Duncan goes down, this team won't make it past the first round. And lets see, looking at the minutes, Ginobili is on the starting 5 now and averaging 33 minutes, 5 minutes more than last year and a career high and has been scoring more. Parker is also averaging 33 minutes a game, 3 minutes more from last year and averaging his career high in ast and stls. Duncan is still averaging 30 minutes, about a minute less than last year but has career lows in pts and reb (only about 1 less in rebounds but still a career low).

So you really think this team doesn't have to stay healthy? Losing any of those 3 would be a big blow to the team. Duncan is the one with the career lows but no one in that team can take his place, he does more than just score and rebound, he's a threat on offense and defense. You think if Blair became their main big they'd guard him 15-20 feet from the rim? You think Splitter can do a fourth of the job Duncan does? Hell no. I don't even have to tell you that no one in that team can do what Ginobili does. Hill did a good job replacing Parker last year but he is still no Tony Parker. Jefferson is doing better from last year but not that much.

Spurs get quality minutes from Hill, as they did last year. Bonner and Splitter so-so. Blair is only a rebounder now, but both he and Splitter will improve and have a lot of upside potential.

Who on the Lakers replaces Bynum? We're seeing right now, aren't we?

How about Kobe?

Pau?

Kobe is as old in NBA years as Duncan and Manu and was less healthy than either in the off-season.

Bynum is-well- Bynum.

Bottom Line- who's got the better record and who wins it all.

Right now Spurs are 1, Lakers 7. I think ESPN knows a little better than either of us, eh?

And Spurs always win in odd years.
post #604 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Who on the Lakers replaces Bynum? We're seeing right now, aren't we? How about Kobe? Pau? Kobe is as old in NBA years as Duncan and Manu and was less healthy than either in the off-season. Bynum is-well- Bynum.
Probably no one but outside of Bynum, Pau and Kobe has been much healthier than Manu & Parker. Kobe hasn't had a season ending injury, even with his finger problems he manages to play great. He barely missed any game slast year and that is with fingers (plural), back, knee and ankle problems. His back is better this year, he recovered from his surgery and looking like his old self and his fingers has adapted to his game. Kobe has much years as Dunan but come on, Kobe works hard, players always wants to train with him in the summer because he doesn't take summer offs, he improves his game. And that is why he is where he is at today and still playing the way he does, still being considered the best. Plus we all know guards has longer shelf life in the NBA compared to the bigs. As for Bynum, no one can probably replace him but he has been hurt in the past 3 years and the Lakers have been on the Finals in those years, winning the last two. So that is a weak argument. Overall, the Lakers are better with the addition of Blake and Barnes and Browns improvement. As for Pau? Well, he is Pau, he'd be fine by the playoff comes around. He's been there the past 3 years, can't say the same for the Spurs big 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Right now Spurs are 1, Lakers 7. I think ESPN knows a little better than either of us, eh? And Spurs always win in odd years.
ESPN knows a little better than us? That is laughable. No one takes ESPN seriously, these are the guys who predicts Miami will break the 72-10 record and practically said their the next champs. Where are they now? ESPN has been considered a joke for a while now and slurping athletes like Lebron. And last I check, the Spur didn't win in 2009.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Spurs get quality minutes from Hill, as they did last year. Bonner and Splitter so-so. Blair is only a rebounder now, but both he and Splitter will improve and have a lot of upside potential.
Even Hill was hurt earlier this year, Bonner just came back. Blair doesn't even have a kneecap . Splitter has an upside but he has shown it like twice and even those were mediocre at best. By the time these guys become stars, Manu, Parker and Duncan has to be gone from the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
Bottom Line- who's got the better record and who wins it all.
Ummm, tell that to the Mavs and Cavs. Or even to the Partiots who had an almost perfect season until they lost in the Super Bowl (I think it was the Patriots, someone correct me).
post #605 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Probably no one but outside of Bynum, Pau and Kobe has been much healthier than Manu & Parker. Kobe hasn't had a season ending injury, even with his finger problems he manages to play great. He barely missed any game slast year and that is with fingers (plural), back, knee and ankle problems. His back is better this year, he recovered from his surgery and looking like his old self and his fingers has adapted to his game.

Kobe has much years as Dunan but come on, Kobe works hard, players always wants to train with him in the summer because he doesn't take summer offs, he improves his game. And that is why he is where he is at today and still playing the way he does, still being considered the best. Plus we all know guards has longer shelf life in the NBA compared to the bigs.

As for Bynum, no one can probably replace him but he has been hurt in the past 3 years and the Lakers have been on the Finals in those years, winning the last two. So that is a weak argument. Overall, the Lakers are better with the addition of Blake and Barnes and Browns improvement.

As for Pau? Well, he is Pau, he'd be fine by the playoff comes around. He's been there the past 3 years, can't say the same for the Spurs big 3.




ESPN knows a little better than us? That is laughable. No one takes ESPN seriously, these are the guys who predicts Miami will break the 72-10 record and practically said their the next champs. Where are they now?

ESPN has been considered a joke for a while now and slurping athletes like Lebron.

And last I check, the Spur didn't win in 2009.




Even Hill was hurt earlier this year, Bonner just came back. Blair doesn't even have a kneecap . Splitter has an upside but he has shown it like twice and even those were mediocre at best. By the time these guys become stars, Manu, Parker and Duncan has to be gone from the team.




Ummm, tell that to the Mavs and Cavs. Or even to the Partiots who had an almost perfect season until they lost in the Super Bowl (I think it was the Patriots, someone correct me).

Do you draw a paycheck for covering sports?

Bottom Line. At this point the Spurs have a better record, and are the better team. We'll see what happens as the year goes on...
post #606 of 27236
post #607 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post

look. bowen doesnt even know where kobe went. lol.
post #608 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

Bottom Line. At this point the Spurs have a better record, and are the better team. We'll see what happens as the year goes on...

Wait... so you're saying we can get you to say that Kobe and the Lakers are the better team than the Spurs if they have a better record?
post #609 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
look. bowen doesnt even know where kobe went. lol.

Also looks like an offensive foul to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Wait... so you're saying we can get you to say that Kobe and the Lakers are the better team than the Spurs if they have a better record?

Let's do this s-l-o-w-l-y. I know comprehension and understanding reality are difficult for Lakers fans...

ESPN, the definitive voice in sports has power ranked the Spurs as the best TEAM in basketball. Shall I research Yahoo, etc.? Or will you man up and concede the point that the Lakettes just aren't playing well right now?

Kobe and the Lakettes are #7. That may be a stretch- maybe no. 6 or no. 5, but still below the Spurs.

BTW in the '00 odd years Lakers won '01. Spurs '03, '05, '07. Lakers '09. Trips beat a pair unless you're playing golf.
post #610 of 27236
post #611 of 27236
That's not a charge on Kobe btw. Duncan is well inside that half circle thing
post #612 of 27236
Right. If he's inside the circle that's charging. He even has his foot on Duncan's leg. You can see the ref waving the play and the points off.

I don't understand how all you Lakettes think a 3peat is a fait accompli.

It's great you're fans for your team, but you're not even close to rational.
post #613 of 27236
not a Laker fan, just explaining the rules of the game:
Quote:
Charge is physical contact between an offensive player and a defensive player. In order to draw an offensive charge the defensive player must establish legal guarding positioning in the path of the offensive player. If contact is made, the officials would issue an offensive charge. No points will be allowed and the ball is turned over. The defensive player may not draw an offensive charge in the "restricted zone" (see below for more details). Blocking is physical contact between the offensive player and the defensive player. Blocking fouls are issued when a defensive player interferes with the path of the offensive player in the shooting motion. Blocking fouls are easily called when the defensive player is standing in the "restricted zone". Restricted zone: In 1997, the NBA introduced an arc of a 4-foot (1.22 m) radius around the basket, in which an offensive foul for charging could not be assessed. This was to prevent defensive players from attempting to draw an offensive foul on their opponents by standing underneath the basket. FIBA adopted this arc with a 1.25 m (4 ft 1.2 in) radius in 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_o...and_violations
post #614 of 27236
@ basketball iq oh man this is precious and embarrassing
post #615 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

ESPN, the definitive voice in sports entertainment

ftfy

Vegas odds makers are the people who know the most fyi
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread