or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 399

post #5971 of 27206
James Harden smack talking with Kobe. LOLWUT.
post #5972 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I think come the end of the season, people will realize that Lin is a legit NBA player, good enough to start on many NBA teams, but not much better than that. I have a hard time seeing him as even an all star, let alone a superstar. He should do fine with the Knicks (and given the size of AZN market in NY, the Knicks would be crazy to get rid of him, even for an upgrade).

Agree that this is probably how Lin will be viewed at the end of the season, but I really think the sky is the limit for him. He's already shown massive improvement from year 1 to year 2. There is a reason he spent a season with the Warriors but never played anything but garbage minutes. Plus now he's put on some muscle and improved his outside shot. He can work on taking care of the ball and improve his midrange game. The little things you can't teach, such as court awareness, vision, and bball IQ, he already has.
post #5973 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdog View Post

Agree that this is probably how Lin will be viewed at the end of the season, but I really think the sky is the limit for him. He's already shown massive improvement from year 1 to year 2. There is a reason he spent a season with the Warriors but never played anything but garbage minutes. Plus now he's put on some muscle and improved his outside shot. He can work on taking care of the ball and improve his midrange game. The little things you can't teach, such as court awareness, vision, and bball IQ, he already has.

1st things first... he needs to have confidence to thread the needle when they double him off the pick and roll...



he already has amare... and he consistently runs it with chandler (but still looks for the lob rather than the pass in traffic), if carmelo runs it it with lin it should work great too.

you can actually see amare expect the ball (with a pass splitting the defense) when he sets up the pic and rolls with Lin. but lin first looks to slash/lob/kick out/shoot before passing it between defenders to the guy rolling.

i realize that its a "diffucult pass" to make but its more of a confidence thing because the pass is very doable... it just takes guts to make the bounce pass in-between players in heavy traffic. once it gets though the receiver has the ball less than 10ft from the basket and the 1st step and angle to score.
post #5974 of 27206
plus a billion times. he lacks the confidence to go through on pick and rolls and doesnt do the bounce pass to the roll guy as much as he should. i get mad at the tv when chandler or amare is open after a pick and roll and he either doesnt see them or doesnt pass to them.

i think that really comes with experience tho and good coaching

what's nice is that he has the credibility to draw the defense towards him. he just needs the quick insight to pass capably and consistently. they should hire stockton to coach lin


with more elite teams and brand name players he doesn't split the defense as much even when in situations where its clearly possible
post #5975 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

plus a billion times. he lacks the confidence to go through on pick and rolls and doesnt do the bounce pass to the roll guy as much as he should. i get mad at the tv when chandler or amare is open after a pick and roll and he either doesnt see them or doesnt pass to them.
i think that really comes with experience tho and good coaching
what's nice is that he has the credibility to draw the defense towards him. he just needs the quick insight to pass capably and consistently. they should hire stockton to coach lin
with more elite teams and brand name players he doesn't split the defense as much even when in situations where its clearly possible

^ i think its more of a practice issue. basically the NBA teams this year don't really practice... Di Antoni must be thinking the same exact thing right now (about Lin not passing the ball and splitting the defenders) but there's no time to actually do intensive one on one practice with him.

I guess its really up to Lin himself to work on those parts of his game. It must be hard with all the media attention and personal requests for interviews/his time... this allstar break could've been an opportunity to work on that... but it looks like he'll be busy with the rising stars game and thousands of interviews.

But the reality is... he could've easily split those double teams if he made a few of those passes tonight.. it would've kept the heat D honest.
post #5976 of 27206
for sure. i think it's also partly mental. he's trying not to get turnovers so gets afraid of splitting. but that attitude of avoiding turnovers causes him to hesitate which causes turnovers. he does trip a lot when he does try to split. and cole, chalmers, and lebron kept pickpocketing his ball.

at the very least next season he'll be fantastic. dude works so hard on his game. it's pretty clear he worked his tail off getting that jump shot down. let's just hope amare doesn't get too old
post #5977 of 27206
Watching LeBron and Wade run the floor is just not fair. It's like a varsity vs jv game. They're just so much more athletic than everyone else. LeBron wins mvp even with Wade and Bosh on his team?

Absent-mindedly watched the game, you guys made some great points about Lin not passing through the double team. He always swings it back out instead of risking the turnover.

He got picked a lot tonight in the open floor, a little uncharacteristic. Most of his turnovers prior to this game came from driving left and bringing the ball back over to his right.
post #5978 of 27206
why cant dantoni leave novak when hes hot (hes actually smokin) and drawing the defense to the corners????? mindboggling
post #5979 of 27206
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

why cant dantoni leave novak when hes hot (hes actually smokin) and drawing the defense to the corners????? mindboggling
Cuz Melo is back.
post #5980 of 27206
Thread Starter 
Lakers getting desperate?
Quote:
Source: Rasheed Wallace to sign with Lakers

ORLANDO, Fla. — There's at least one team apparently still with a need for Rasheed Wallace.

CSNNE.com has learned that the former Boston Celtic forward plans to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Wallace hasn't played in an NBA game since Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, alerting the C's shortly before the game that he planned to retire.

Although he had two years remaining on his contract, Wallace and the Celtics came to terms on a buy-out of the remaining years believed to be worth about $1 million.

His return to action has been rumored for weeks, fueled by a decent showing at Pro-Am tournament in North Carolina this summer.

It only became heightened by, according to league sources, a renewed conditioning regimen that apparently has him looking better than he has "in years."

With a roster of 14 players, the Lakers can add Wallace and not have to worry about waiving a player to make room.

His addition will likely fuel rumors that the Lakers will become even more aggressive in their decision to trade away Pau Gasol.

However, a front office executive whose team has had both internal and external discussions about Gasol, said the addition of Wallace will only be to strengthen their bench.

"His days as a starter in this league are gone," said the source. "I think he knows that, and so do the Lakers. But think about it. Of the big men that are available, is there one that's really better? And if he's gotten himself in shape, adding him becomes a huge get for them."

As for the Celtics, Boston had no interest in reuniting with Wallace when word spread that he was planning to make a comeback. And that lack of disinterest, CSNNE.com has learned, was mutual.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Source-Rasheed-Wallace-to-sign-with-Lake?blockID=657492&feedID=3352&awid=5449335149484906289-932
post #5981 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Lakers getting desperate?
Quote:
Source: Rasheed Wallace to sign with Lakers
ORLANDO, Fla. — There's at least one team apparently still with a need for Rasheed Wallace.
CSNNE.com has learned that the former Boston Celtic forward plans to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Wallace hasn't played in an NBA game since Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, alerting the C's shortly before the game that he planned to retire.
Although he had two years remaining on his contract, Wallace and the Celtics came to terms on a buy-out of the remaining years believed to be worth about $1 million.
His return to action has been rumored for weeks, fueled by a decent showing at Pro-Am tournament in North Carolina this summer.
It only became heightened by, according to league sources, a renewed conditioning regimen that apparently has him looking better than he has "in years."
With a roster of 14 players, the Lakers can add Wallace and not have to worry about waiving a player to make room.
His addition will likely fuel rumors that the Lakers will become even more aggressive in their decision to trade away Pau Gasol.
However, a front office executive whose team has had both internal and external discussions about Gasol, said the addition of Wallace will only be to strengthen their bench.
"His days as a starter in this league are gone," said the source. "I think he knows that, and so do the Lakers. But think about it. Of the big men that are available, is there one that's really better? And if he's gotten himself in shape, adding him becomes a huge get for them."
As for the Celtics, Boston had no interest in reuniting with Wallace when word spread that he was planning to make a comeback. And that lack of disinterest, CSNNE.com has learned, was mutual.
http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Source-Rasheed-Wallace-to-sign-with-Lake?blockID=657492&feedID=3352&awid=5449335149484906289-932

that's it. i'm a clippers fan. lob city!
post #5982 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

that's it. i'm a clippers fan. lob city!

What, you don't like the Sheed?
post #5983 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

What, you don't like the Sheed?
yeah, i know. i didn't like artest or barnes before, either. somehow, i don't think i'll come around on the sheed. he and artest have similar jump shots, but sheed doesn't play defense. and is probably even crazier, or at least more angry crazy,
post #5984 of 27206
my boy with the lakes says it's just a rumor. not happening.
whew.
anybody want to buy a gross of Lob City tshirts?
post #5985 of 27206
Thread Starter 
It's a rumor but it isn't one of those rumors that some unknown website started. This is being picked up by everyone including a lot of local news. We'll see.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread