or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 380

post #5686 of 27247
wtf? lol did I say that at all? you were the one bringing up 'dirk is unsurprisingly big in germany'......it would seem as if you were taking that route, not me...?


I'm really just questioning if you're even reading anything at this point, or if you're just really sold on that stupid saying, 'fuccoutahere', and trying to throw it in anywhere. confused.gif
post #5687 of 27247
Thread Starter 
Why can't we just enjoy his game and actually see the Knicks some win for once?
post #5688 of 27247
:0 it's true. i don't remember the last time the knicks were consistently winning
post #5689 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

:0 it's true. i don't remember the last time the knicks were consistently winning

It will be just as fun when they lose their first game with 'Melo and the NY media jumps all over him.

/Bart Scott

Can't wait.
post #5690 of 27247
Would Tebowmania be bigger if Tebow was Asian? Facts: (1) America loves an underdog story, and (2) Lin's underdog status is impossible to separate from his Asian-ness. A black kid with his skillset and credentials coming out of high school would have received multiple offers from major D-1 schools and would have been drafted. It's only because Lin doesn't fit our preconceived notions of what a good basketball player should look like that he's in the position he's in.
post #5691 of 27247



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

(2) Lin's underdog status is impossible to separate from his Asian-ness. A black kid with his skillset and credentials coming out of high school would have received multiple offers from major D-1 schools and would have been drafted. It's only because Lin doesn't fit our preconceived notions of what a good basketball player should look like that he's in the position he's in.


 

True to some degree, but nobody saw this coming. Not because he's Asian, but because he's never done this before.

 

From Hollinger:

"Anyone who says they saw this coming is lying. Lin's past five games were not, contrary to what you may have been led to believe, his first shot in professional basketball. A year ago, he played 29 games for the Golden State Warriors and shot 38.9 percent, averaging 2.6 points per game.

 

And in 20 more games of professional basketball for Reno in the D-League, he averaged 18 points and 4.3 assists. In other words, against minor leaguers a year ago he put up numbers that pale beside those he registered against NBA players over the past five games."

 

post #5692 of 27247
I hope Melo sandbags the team so they're forced to deal him. Please god let this happen.
post #5693 of 27247
here's the couch of Landry Fields, where Jeremy Lin slept the night before Linsanity began:

image.jpg

story here: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/linsanity-erupted-jeremy-lin-slept-ny-knicks-teammate-landry-fields-couch-article-1.1021809


first things first:

- that looks kinda small right?

- think about all the booty juice/spunk/DNA that must be on that couch...
post #5694 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I hope Melo sandbags the team so they're forced to deal him. Please god let this happen.

I am also hoping for this as well. To show everyone what he DOESN'T bring to the team.

It's funny listening to these sports analysts question whether or not Amare will be able to play well with Lin.... Hello.....He played with Nash for years perfecting the pick-n-roll....under Mike D'Antoni no less!
post #5695 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

I am also hoping for this as well. To show everyone what he DOESN'T bring to the team.
It's funny listening to these sports analysts question whether or not Amare will be able to play well with Lin.... Hello.....He played with Nash for years perfecting the pick-n-roll....under Mike D'Antoni no less!

^^ but tyson chandler clogs the lane if amare tries to drop after the pick.

the suns didn't run pick and roll using amare+nash+another big man successfully - I remember shaq just clogging the lane whenever STAT would drop... to the point that shaq became a black hole/road block during his suns years.

what they could do is have chandler stand near the rim on the baseline and have amare reverse the pick and roll where he pops out and waits for a dump off pass then slashes, or pops out and shoots the 15-18ft jumper. Lin still has the option of slashing.

the sad/obvious part is how Melo has no part of this equation being successful what so ever.
post #5696 of 27247
re: lin-mania.
first definition of news -- man bites dog.
which is not to say that he isn't having a heckuva run and that it might continue ... just that there is a certain novelty factor to it.
post #5697 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

re: lin-mania.
first definition of news -- man eats dog.
which is not to say that he isn't having a heckuva run and that it might continue ... just that there is a certain novelty factor to it.

uhoh.gifdevil.giflol8[1].gifteacha.gif
post #5698 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

these are good points - his left hand is fairly useless. he also doesn't seem to have much explosiveness. everyone from now on is going to force him left.
in fairness though, there's some good things to see here. he always seems to catch people off guard with that first step (which doesn't look particularly quick but very well timed), and with that hesitation dribble/drive. he's very crafty with his layups and dips the ball and protects it with his body (but of course people will start noticing that tendency and sending that shit into section 112), and he knows how to find the open man.
so let's see how he does. he definitely has some skills but i have a feeling he's just catching people off guard at the moment.

But you can learn to go left pretty quickly. Hell, I'm a thirty-five year old mediocre pickup player and actually go left now a lot more than I go right. I consciously set out to do so around age 25 and was virtually ambidextrous (at least on lay-ups) by 26 or 27. Now imagine if I'd been younger, more coordinated, more athletic, and got to practice three or four hours a day.

The defense though.....that's a problem. He needs to work harder at that, especially in the film room.
post #5699 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

here's the couch of Landry Fields, where Jeremy Lin slept the night before Linsanity began:
image.jpg
story here: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/linsanity-erupted-jeremy-lin-slept-ny-knicks-teammate-landry-fields-couch-article-1.1021809
first things first:
- that looks kinda small right?
- think about all the booty juice/spunk/DNA that must be on that couch...

they're both pretty hardcore christians. i wouldnt be surprised if they were near virgins

that handshake thing they do is them reading the bible, tucking away their glasses, and pointing to god
post #5700 of 27247
I thought the handshake was them reading a textbook since they went to the Stanford of the East and Harvard of the West.

I'm more disappointed in Fields' shitty taste in furniture.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread