or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 354

post #5296 of 27206
HAHA wth happened!!? no sound

griffin being griffin

fisher being fisher


WHAT HAPPENED??

why mcroberts so mad
Edited by gettoasty - 1/25/12 at 9:37pm
post #5297 of 27206
Fuck yes.
post #5298 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Well, at least the other passes the ball.
Trade DWill & Morrow for Anthony & Douglas and the Knicks will be a much, much better team.
And I honestly have no idea why Minny didn't want to sign Love to max 5 years. How fucking retarded are they?

He'll get a double double every night no matter what team he plays on, but let's be real, his numbers are crazy inflated by the shittiness of Minnesota.
post #5299 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post


And I honestly have no idea why Minny didn't want to sign Love to max 5 years. How fucking retarded are they?

This really boggles my fucking mind. Quick Q to the bball fans: Who's the last guy that you could remember who routinely put up 30/10, 20/20, and averages 25/15 per game and WASN'T one of the highest paid players in the league?
post #5300 of 27206
well, being white doesn't help, though he has high ball iq and is scrappy.

in all seriousness, he is an absolute beast, improving on defense and I don't see how he isn't a better player than someone like dwight howard
post #5301 of 27206
I don't figure it either, unless they're trying to save money for Rubio down the line.

But it works out better for him.

In three years when the Wolves still suck he can just opt out and sign another max deal.
post #5302 of 27206
This is pre-lockout thinking. The Twolves were smart to give him that deal. Love's numbers are guady, but he's essentially the rich man's David Lee. If Kevin Love is your best player, you're in the lottery, period.

If you can't single-handedly guarantee a team 25 wins, you aren't worthy of max money.
Edited by gladhands - 1/26/12 at 8:31am
post #5303 of 27206
^you're out of your mind. he is way better than lee and more versatile than all but maybe 5-7 players in the nba. they have a better record than the knicks so i guess stoudemire and anthony are scrubs too
post #5304 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

^you're out of your mind. he is way better than lee and more versatile than all but maybe 5-7 players in the nba. they have a better record than the knicks so i guess stoudemire and anthony are scrubs too

The knicks are a hot fuckign mess, but both Melo and Stoudemire are capabel of putting a team on their back and willing it to a playoff victory. We simply haven't seen that from Love. He'sthe clasic great stats on a bad team player...ala Lee during his Knicks tenure. Granted, Love is a FAAAAAR better player than Lee, but his worth is inflated by playing on a bad team.

If we held a draft of the every NBA player and erased their salaries, do you think Love is one of the first 10 players selected? First 15?
post #5305 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

The knicks are a hot fuckign mess, but both Melo and Stoudemire are capabel of putting a team on their back and willing it to a playoff victory. We simply haven't seen that from Love. He'sthe clasic great stats on a bad team player...ala Lee during his Knicks tenure. Granted, Love is a FAAAAAR better player than Lee, but his worth is inflated by playing on a bad team.
If we held a draft of the every NBA player and erased their salaries, do you think Love is one of the first 10 players selected? First 15?

That is completely idiotic. So you're telling me he'd have a MORE difficult time playing on a team where there were actually legitimate options to take the pressure off him?

Yes to the bolded
post #5306 of 27206
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

This is pre-lockout thinking. The Twolves were smart to give him that deal. Love's numbers are guady, but he's essentially the rich man's David Lee. If Kevin Love is your best player, you're in the lottery, period.

Steve, is that you? What the hell? David Lee isn't going to hit a deep 3 for your team to win at buzzer beater. You can't even compare the 2. You are comparing an 25/14 guy who can shoot the deep 3 to a 19/10 guy who can't shoot free throws? Come on now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

If we held a draft of the every NBA player and erased their salaries, do you think Love is one of the first 10 players selected? First 15?

Another dumb and stupid statement but I'll play along. Give me 15 guys you would take over Love today!
Keep in mind, it is hard to make a winning franchise w/o a good big man.

Lebron, Wade, KD, Rose, Dwight... ok understandable.
Melo? Really questionable with what we are seeing in NY but he did well in Denver so ok.
Kobe? He's good for 2-3 more years so I'll say I wouldn't start a franchise with him.
Same can be said with Dirk and Pau.
CP3? DWill? You got have bigs to surround these guys.
I feel the NBA is filled with good PGs right now, not great but you can have a solid team with some good PGs out there, heck the Lakers did with with Fisher for 5 rings.
Blake Griffin? Nah, I'll take Love over him, this guys go to move is to still bulldoze everyone or flop to get the foul.
Granger? Gay? Jefferson? Nah, Love > any of those guys.

Right there, keep in mind we are talking today and not in their primes because it would be stupid to compare Love to Kobe, Dirk and Duncans younger years. You got to think of today. Reset all the teams and have a draft and you think Love will be picked later than 15 in starting a franchise? You are fucking insane.
post #5307 of 27206
I pulled the number 15 out of the air. Let's see who I'd actually take before Love:

Better players:

Lebron
Rose
Durant
Paul
Amare
Melo
Gasol
Howard
Bynum
D Williams
Aldridge

Higher Ceiling:

Wall
Rubio
Westbrook

Sells Tickets:
Griffin

Assuming that we're signing these guys for 5 year cdontracts, I'd build a team around any of these guys before Love. I could also see you picking Love ahead of a handful of them. Notice I didn't include any of the aging players who are currently better than Love, like Dirk, Kobe and Wade? or headcases who might be better like Ellis or Cousins? He's an elite talent, but in the post-lockout league, that's not an automatic max contract.
post #5308 of 27206
I'd take Love over both Griffin and Aldridge
post #5309 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

That is completely idiotic. So you're telling me he'd have a MORE difficult time playing on a team where there were actually legitimate options to take the pressure off him?
Yes to the bolded

I'm telling you that his scoring and rebounding stats would be less impressive if he had teamates who could score or rebound.
post #5310 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I'd take Love over both Griffin and Aldridge

I'm not sure he's as good as Aldridge. He's definitely better than Griffin, but he has a lower ceiling, and Griffin sells tickets and merchandise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread