or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 322

post #4816 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffy View Post

but if i'm rebuilding, what do i have to lose?

A lot.

Try having a shit team with empty stands for 5 or 6 seasons.
post #4817 of 27250
Thread Starter 
I'm just saying, Odens potential and ceiling is high too but it ain't worth shit if their not on the court.

But you said rebuilding with those 2 over Bynum so I'd take the 2 over Bynum. If you said take either Brooks or Wallace over Bynum to build a team over, I'd agree with you but those two is much better than Bynum. Just add a decent PG like Deron or CP3 plus some decent to good role players and that's a playoff contender.
post #4818 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post


A lot.
Try having a shit team with empty stands for 5 or 6 seasons.


 

if the bynum experiment fails miserably, at least i would bottom out completely and get a high lottery pick as opposed to winning 30 games a year and still have no one come to my games.

post #4819 of 27250

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I'm just saying, Odens potential and ceiling is high too but it ain't worth shit if their not on the court.
But you said rebuilding with those 2 over Bynum so I'd take the 2 over Bynum. If you said take either Brooks or Wallace over Bynum to build a team over, I'd agree with you but those two is much better than Bynum. Just add a decent PG like Deron or CP3 plus some decent to good role players and that's a playoff contender.


I don't know. What marquee free agents are really going to Orlando? They all want to play in major markets with other marquee players these days. Unless they love sunshine and no state tax, I don't see who'se willing to come to Orlando to play with Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace.

 

Orlando's best bet is to go with the OKC and SAS model of building thorugh the draft. They struck gold with getting Howard in the lottery and made it to the finals, but they didn't really make the smartest moves after that.  

post #4820 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffy View Post




I don't know. What marquee free agents are really going to Orlando? They all want to play in major markets with other marquee players these days. Unless they love sunshine and no state tax, I don't see who'se willing to come to Orlando to play with Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace.

Orlando's best bet is to go with the OKC and SAS model of building thorugh the draft. They struck gold with getting Howard in the lottery and made it to the finals, but they didn't really make the smartest moves after that.  

Lebron, Wade, Bosh, all chose Miami over New York, Chicago, New Jersey,...
post #4821 of 27250


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post


Lebron, Wade, Bosh, all chose Miami over New York, Chicago, New Jersey,...

 

 Ya, but Wallace and Lopez are no Wade and Bosh. I can see players going to smaller markets if they know they are going to play with marquee players. Shit, if Cleveland had the cap space to sign Wade and Bosh instead of Miami, you don't think they'd still tag team in Cleveland?

 

The point is, marquee free agents rarely ever go to a small market team if they know that they are going to be the only marquee player on that team.

 

I'm not saying that it can't happen. Orlando did get Grant Hill back when he wasn't geriatric. I just wouldn't bet on it.

post #4822 of 27250
Thread Starter 
The main discussion was will you take Bynum or Wallce & Brooks to rebuild a team. You add a city to the equation, then obviously that will change a few things.

In the end, it’ll depend on what they can pay the player. If CP3 or Deron can get the most money from the Magic, they’ll go there no matter if Bynum or Wallce & Brooks are there (obviously some of those players has to be there to attract these players). They won’t take a pay cut just to go to NY or Miami because that is a giant pay cut. That is why CP3 said NY isn’t an option this year anymore because the signing of Chandler the NYK pretty much gave up their cap space to get him. Might be a different story next year, not sure how the new CBA will affect them, but I don’t think they have the money to get him.

The Magic isn't such a small market team anymore either, they're no NY or LA but their not exactly Indiana or Minnesota either.
post #4823 of 27250
Holy Shit Kendrick Perkins back down to 265. Funny cause I saw him play in HS and he went about 205 back then.
post #4824 of 27250
Thread Starter 
This shits cray... lol8[1].gif
Quote:
Chad Ford: Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks. Theirs in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 + Rockets 2011 pick. 1 minute ago
post #4825 of 27250
Brook Lopez is one of the most useless 7-footers in the NBA (like his brother Robin Lopez), there was no way that trade would have been even close to fair. Speaking of scrubs I cant actually believe that the Warriors are paying Kwame Brown 7 million next season lol
post #4826 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

This shits cray... lol8[1].gif
Quote:
Chad Ford: Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks. Theirs in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 + Rockets 2011 pick. 1 minute ago

5??? What's the record in 1st round picks?
post #4827 of 27250
Clippers just made the deal for CP?
post #4828 of 27250
post #4829 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I'd take Wallace & Lopez base on Bynums history alone. Lopez is a bonafide 20/8 guy, healthy is a year younger than Bynum. Wallace was averaging 18/10 himself at one point w/ the Bobcats and can easily get 16/8 in any team, a forward that can steal and block and out hustle any player on the court. So I would take those two than the immature, idiotic, injury prone Bynum.
oho, a Laker fan who sees Bynum for what he really is. don't see that every day. and Crash is awesome. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


so of the contenders, who do you say has gotten better the most so far? I'd say the Heat (surprise! tongue.gif ). primarily because of the addition of Battier. Dallas (Carter+Odom < Chandler) and LA (no Odom, no Phil) have regressed. Boston's regressed by getting older (and whiffing on David West). everyone else appears to be stuck in neutral unless I forgot somebody...
post #4830 of 27250
^^^ Chicago, with Rip and maybe New York with Chandler?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread