ya, i think they can do better than that. but you never know, GMs love draft picks because they end up being cheap players or trade bait.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 311post #4652 of 2735112/8/11 at 11:45pmpost #4653 of 2735112/9/11 at 12:08ampost #4654 of 2735112/9/11 at 1:09ampost #4655 of 2735112/9/11 at 4:02amQuote:Originally Posted by moffy
It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.
This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.
Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.
I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard.
(They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol
(at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol
who may become a max-salary player).
I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.
I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?
Stern is so far ahead of us we can't even see him: 1) Basketball in New Orleans is dead; 2) Dan Gilbert takes the blame (who do you think leaked the above email); 3) Chris Paul will still end up on big market team next year; 4) Hornets will get even less compensation for losing him. Mission accomplished.post #4656 of 2735112/9/11 at 5:03ambtw, how can this not have antitrust implications? when you appoint 29 guys as trustees of a company/team each of them are competing with, you have to have checks and balances so shit like this doesn't happen.
they clearly didn't make the decision in the best interest of the team they were supposed to look after. they did it for themselves. total conflict of interests at best, outright corruption and collusion at worst.
about the trade itself, it's not that lopsided. Lakers lose Pau and Lamar, get CP3.
and now the Hornets lose huge, because they have a huge risk of losing Paul for nothing. i don't know why they have to get Houston involved, i'd rather have Paul/Lamar than Kevin Martin (possibly the most irrelevant 20 ppg scorer in NBA history), Scola (who admittedly is nice), and other shit. but that's a different discussion altogetherpost #4657 of 2735112/9/11 at 5:46amWhat about this Tyson Chandler business to the Knicks?
The NBA is looking more like European football leagues every day. In Europe, regardless of the country its the same few teams always at the top and the best players always migrate to a group of a few teams. Those teams have the funds to buy the players.
Now its happening in the NBA, but its all about the glam of where you live since the $ is more or less the same everywhere (at least compared to Europe where some teams have 100x the spending power of other teams in the same league)post #4658 of 2735112/9/11 at 6:36ampost #4659 of 2735112/9/11 at 7:13ampost #4660 of 2735112/9/11 at 7:19ampost #4661 of 2735112/9/11 at 7:36amQuote:
You're making an inference based on air.post #4662 of 2735112/9/11 at 7:43ampost #4663 of 2735112/9/11 at 10:46amThread StarterStupid Dan G!Quote:adbrandt Andrew Brandt
If @CP3 not traded, max contract in 2012 is 74M. If traded to LA, Bird rights transfer, can re-sign for 100M. NBA decision costs him 26M.
Rumor is Howard wants to be traded to the Nets?
Nets is also close to signing Nene?
If they sign Nene, I guess they'd trade Brook Lopez for Howard? That is an insane duo of Nene & Howard and will probably force DWill to sign an extension?post #4664 of 2735112/9/11 at 10:49ampost #4665 of 2735112/9/11 at 10:56am+1 to the idiotic idea that the NBA should own a team. It's in the best interests of all the other teams to not give LA another superstar and possibly draw D12.
Sad news about B Roy retiring. Must hurt like hell to play on a knee with no cartilage, probably hurts more having to retire during what should be his physical prime.
I don't know why Houston wanted to get involved in the trade. They would've lost a lot. Scola, Kevin Martin (agreed about irrelevant 20ppg), Dragic, at least 1 draft pick. Any guesses on where CP3 will end up this season?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › MC General Chat 44 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 12 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Cap Toe boots 9D Barrie Olive color 25 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 30 minutes ago
- › NWT L.B.M.1911 Navy Donegal Wool Suits 36R 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...