or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 230

post #3436 of 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
i really hope OKC doesnt get eliminated. i love seeing KD and his backpack during the postgame
i learned that he's hawking this backpack for Nike and his initials will be sewn on it. now i get it
post #3437 of 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
i learned that he's hawking this backpack for Nike and his initials will be sewn on it. now i get it

ohhhh, not cool, KD, not cool
post #3438 of 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
btw, it's ridiculous that Joakim Noah got fined. only in the NBA can you repeatedly talk shit about a 6'11" guy's mother and not get your head knocked clean off your neck. even getting cursed at is getting off real easy. i've been in that area of AAA many times before and it's embarrassing at how disrespectful people can get towards opponents. like JVG said, people think they can buy a ticket and that entitles them to check their human decency at the door.

David Stern tries so hard to "clean up" the NBA that he doesnt let his players be human anymore. if a fan crosses the line he needs to be thrown out, banned from the arena, and no fucking fine for the player

i understand what you're saying. but you can't yell gay slurs on national tv without repercussions. you just can't.
post #3439 of 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
ohhhh, not cool, KD, not cool
Somebody needs to tweet KD the 'Filson' and 'Manbag' etc. threads here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
i understand what you're saying. but you can't yell gay slurs on national tv without repercussions. you just can't.
I completely agree.
What I don't understand is why the fine is half of Kobe's, for the same remark.
post #3440 of 27205
yeah, fair enough. but that fan should have been thrown out and perma-banned from the arena. i'm really sick of it when i go to the games. not that i dont heckle and yell - but for some reason people forget where the line is drawn when it comes to sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
i understand what you're saying. but you can't yell gay slurs on national tv without repercussions. you just can't.
post #3441 of 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
What I don't understand is why the fine is half of Kobe's, for the same remark.
Easy, Kobe's salary is twice of Noah's
post #3442 of 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
What I don't understand is why the fine is half of Kobe's, for the same remark.

Fan vs referee probably.
post #3443 of 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Fan vs referee probably.

Yep, that's the reason stated by the NBA. It makes no sense to me though. An insult is an insult, and to define the fine by the "status" of the target takes away from the NBA's supposed stance on insults.
post #3444 of 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Marley View Post
I'd say it was more of Harden fouling out and no real offense from the Thunder


+ Dirk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
Yes, losing your #3 scorer should wreck your offense.
Harden is playing the Bosh role. He's getting a lot of favorable match-ups and scoring opportunities because the Dallas defense is intent on stopping Durant and Westbrook. Once he left the game, things became a lot easier for Dallas.
post #3445 of 27205
Dirk's post game interviews are hilarious. Most peeps just leave the microphone on the table and speak into it but he's all leaned back and holding it his hand like he's at karaoke night. =)
post #3446 of 27205
exciting game until the end. i think it really pointed up the necessity to have gone through the playoff pressure-cooker (i know, i'm banging the same old drum). westbrook is really talented, but he is not yet a big-time player. he blew those two free throws at the end, committed a couple of turnovers and contributed to a couple more by not being able to get the team into the offense. that won't happen next year. shoot, most of those guys are 23 and under. they've got a good long run ahead of them as long as nobody gets an itchy trigger finger. that plus nowitzki was just f'ing ridiculous. those shots at the end were like a 7-0 kobe. i've felt it from the other side ... "can you imagine the poor schmuck trying to guard that?" ... this time i was pulling for collison and time after time you'd just have to say "can't guard him any better than that ... get him next time."
post #3447 of 27205
Agreed, the reasoning makes no sense to me. If anything, Noah should be punished more harshly because he went after a paying customer ("fan").

Of course, David Stern seems very protective of his referees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
Yep, that's the reason stated by the NBA. It makes no sense to me though. An insult is an insult, and to define the fine by the "status" of the target takes away from the NBA's supposed stance on insults.
post #3448 of 27205
The fan should have been removed from the game. Simple as that.
post #3449 of 27205
Yeah, some of those shots were amazing. Dirk was obviously fouled on some of them but scored anyway. How many players can consistently make one-legged, off-balance, fade-away jumpers while being fouled, 7-feet or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
exciting game until the end. i think it really pointed up the necessity to have gone through the playoff pressure-cooker (i know, i'm banging the same old drum). westbrook is really talented, but he is not yet a big-time player. he blew those two free throws at the end, committed a couple of turnovers and contributed to a couple more by not being able to get the team into the offense. that won't happen next year. shoot, most of those guys are 23 and under. they've got a good long run ahead of them as long as nobody gets an itchy trigger finger.
that plus nowitzki was just f'ing ridiculous. those shots at the end were like a 7-0 kobe. i've felt it from the other side ... "can you imagine the poor schmuck trying to guard that?" ... this time i was pulling for collison and time after time you'd just have to say "can't guard him any better than that ... get him next time."
post #3450 of 27205
I think Russell Westbrook thinks he's the star of the Thunder, not KD, and he's starting to let everyone see that he thinks that way. I call feud that breaks up the Thunder in the next 18 months or so.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread