or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 200

post #2986 of 27241
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
You ever play high school or college sports (hell even really competitive intramural schools)? You'd be lying or weren't playing in very competitive leagues if you never saw that shit happen. It's not anyone making an excuse but just saying that it's not rare or even unexpected. I guess i've almost grown immune to it or expect it
You pull that bush move in those circumstances you get the shit beat out of you for being a punk. I don't get your point. It was a total punk move, by a professional athlete. Congratulations to the Mavericks; they played a hell of a series.
post #2987 of 27241
how can laker fans root for OKC? i hate OKC go grizz
post #2988 of 27241
Luke Walton is playing. lol
post #2989 of 27241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
how can laker fans root for OKC? i hate OKC

I like Durant. I hate Boston and Lebron.
post #2990 of 27241
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
how can laker fans root for OKC? i hate OKC go grizz
Why do you hate OKC? I don't dislike that team; I like Durant, great young players, great GM; I like the commitment and their style of play. Memphis would be fine too, Dallas as well. I dislike Miami, Boston, Chicago more than I dislike OKC.
post #2991 of 27241
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
Seems to me the Mavs are winning with class, actually.


That's no excuse at all. If someone did that to him, he'd be bitching for weeks, so he knows the difference. That was a bs move even if he is young.


Must be something, the energy is just way too weird.

I'd love for OKC to win it all.


Gasol is not married.

lol. Do you understand immature people? Of course he'd be pissed if someone did it to him. It's that whole "don't disrespect me" type shit a lot of these immature alpha male athletes have. Anyone makes a comment they feel the need to defend some weird sense of stupid honor. Happens in the NFL with guys talking smack and a dlineman just swinging at a random olineman and getting his team a 15 yard penalty even in the last 2 minutes of the game putting his team in jeopardy. They don't care.


And, there are always guys on winning teams who jaw and make snide comments. Dallas isn't magically classier. I used to see the Lakers, Heat, Cavs, Celtics and all the teams have players make little comments and stuff. Happens all the time. Mavs aren't immune. It's not an excuse because plenty of athletes stay out of that shit on the winning and losing end but there are a lot of immature athletes who either never went to college, went for a year and were always babied and are still the level of a 16 year old.


I just laugh when people are surprised by this stuff. If there was SF basketball league with traveling games, i guarantee you'd see some shit talking and little elbows towards the end. I wish that stuff would never happen either but it continues to happen in every sport on every level
post #2992 of 27241
Winning three titles in a row is obviously very hard. Everybody has to stay healthy and mentally committed. Not many teams have been able to pull it off. Magic's Lakers and Bird's Celtics never did it. Definitely puts the 50's/60's Celtics accomplishments in perspective. Hard to see any team ever winning eight(!) in a row again.
post #2993 of 27241
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
Why do you hate OKC? I don't dislike that team; I like Durant, great young players, great GM; I like the commitment and their style of play. Memphis would be fine too, Dallas as well. I dislike Miami, Boston, Chicago more than I dislike OKC.
because everyone is sucking durant's dick. he's become a great player and a great scorer, but c'mon he and that team haven't won shit yet so to me they're overrated. and when they won 2 games against the lakers last year the dick sucking got even slurpier which pissed me off. they have this huge bandwagon all of a sudden because they're new and exciting, but how many of these people were supersonics fans?
post #2994 of 27241
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
You pull that bush move in those circumstances you get the shit beat out of you for being a punk. I don't get your point. It was a total punk move, by a professional athlete. .
haha. Ok. You're belligerent or something while trying to talk down about someone who acted immature in a violent way. You wouldn't do shit if someone tossed you a bow at the end of a game and if you did you'd be just as stupid as bynum so quit pretending to be some tough guy. Probably the kinda guy who did the same shit in high school, aau, or college sports. Don't let anyone disrespect you or talk down to you! That's why the NBA, NFL, MLB and Soccer throw people out so quick. Because the leagues and refs know people will actually throw down. It happens a fair amount (though not as much as it used to). Guys do that chest bump shit which turns into face to face then someone pushes a guy off him and then punches thrown. Same shit every time. It's never right when someone does it still but people want to pretend this is some new out of the ordinary thing because it's the lakers
post #2995 of 27241
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
lol. Do you understand immature people? Of course he'd be pissed if someone did it to him. It's that whole "don't disrespect me" type shit a lot of these immature alpha male athletes have. Anyone makes a comment they feel the need to defend some weird sense of stupid honor. Happens in the NFL with guys talking smack and a dlineman just swinging at a random olineman and getting his team a 15 yard penalty even in the last 2 minutes of the game putting his team in jeopardy. They don't care. And, there are always guys on winning teams who jaw and make snide comments. Dallas isn't magically classier. I used to see the Lakers, Heat, Cavs, Celtics and all the teams have players make little comments and stuff. Happens all the time. Mavs aren't immune. It's not an excuse because plenty of athletes stay out of that shit on the winning and losing end but there are a lot of immature athletes who either never went to college, went for a year and were always babied and are still the level of a 16 year old. I just laugh when people are surprised by this stuff. If there was SF basketball league with traveling games, i guarantee you'd see some shit talking and little elbows towards the end. I wish that stuff would never happen either but it continues to happen in every sport on every level
Who said anyone is surprised??? Jeezus, it WAS a punk move, that's all. No need to write a psych thesis on it....
post #2996 of 27241
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
lol. Do you understand immature people? Of course he'd be pissed if someone did it to him. It's that whole "don't disrespect me" type shit a lot of these immature alpha male athletes have. Anyone makes a comment they feel the need to defend some weird sense of stupid honor. Happens in the NFL with guys talking smack and a dlineman just swinging at a random olineman and getting his team a 15 yard penalty even in the last 2 minutes of the game putting his team in jeopardy. They don't care.


And, there are always guys on winning teams who jaw and make snide comments. Dallas isn't magically classier. I used to see the Lakers, Heat, Cavs, Celtics and all the teams have players make little comments and stuff. Happens all the time. Mavs aren't immune. It's not an excuse because plenty of athletes stay out of that shit on the winning and losing end but there are a lot of immature athletes who either never went to college, went for a year and were always babied and are still the level of a 16 year old.


I just laugh when people are surprised by this stuff. If there was SF basketball league with traveling games, i guarantee you'd see some shit talking and little elbows towards the end. I wish that stuff would never happen either but it continues to happen in every sport on every level

^then sadly this is just phil jackson getting out-coached then, or even putting in a subpar performance. right after the odom flagrant foul Phil could've called a time out and then reminded the team to not lose their cool.

great career for phil jackson though. great manager of talent and the best at implementing a winning system for the new NBA superstar era.
post #2997 of 27241
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
because everyone is sucking durant's dick. he's become a great player and a great scorer, but c'mon he and that team haven't won shit yet so to me they're overrated. and when they won 2 games against the lakers last year the dick sucking got even slurpier which pissed me off. they have this huge bandwagon all of a sudden because they're new and exciting, but how many of these people were supersonics fans?
Kevin Durant is not exactly new to the game. He's been in the league 4 seasons, and been touted as a MVP candidate for three. I think you're just bummed "your" team lost and now younger players on other teams are taking the spotlight from Kobe.
post #2998 of 27241
I guess what surprises me is that I didn't realize Bynum was such an immature player. I didn't realize he had a history of this shit. That his upbringing made him predisposed to acting like a bitch when he's losing. Maybe if it was Artest.... but Bynum. He just lost control and acted like a bitch. What surprises me is when peeps lose objectivity when they discuss their team. If it was the Dirk that laid someone out, he would be a punk. Since its Bynum, it was the way he was raised..... well maybe it doesn't surprise me after all.
post #2999 of 27241
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
because everyone is sucking durant's dick. he's become a great player and a great scorer, but c'mon he and that team haven't won shit yet so to me they're overrated. and when they won 2 games against the lakers last year the dick sucking got even slurpier which pissed me off. they have this huge bandwagon all of a sudden because they're new and exciting, but how many of these people were supersonics fans?

I've always liked the Sonics actually, from the Payton/Kemp years, to Allen/Lewis losing years too. Then when Durant arrived as a rookie, I've been a huge fan as well. I am starting to hate Westbrook, dudes too cocky when he makes a shot like he just won a chip and I hate Perkins with a passion too. Overall the team is a young, athletic and exciting team, can't be mad about that.

Memphis, I am kind of iffy. They are definitely the surprise of the post-season but I just can't get myself to like them much, something about Randolph that just pisses me off.
post #3000 of 27241
So glad I spent my time doing something else. 5 mi run on the beach > watching this disaster.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread