or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1793

post #26881 of 27359
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin100 View Post

Ah the good old days. (I'm no Milennial.)

But you play one on the internet?
post #26882 of 27359
Clean livin'
post #26883 of 27359
post #26884 of 27359
For addicts it often doesn't, sadly.
post #26885 of 27359
Nothing groundbreaking here, but a nice little tribute piece (one of many, obviously) on Duncan.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/tim-duncans-parting-bank-shot/amp#
post #26886 of 27359
new rule change




so i guess last two minutes if you get fouled you get a free throw and possession of the ball now?
post #26887 of 27359
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

new rule change


That's how I read it.

so i guess last two minutes if you get fouled you get a free throw and possession of the ball now?
post #26888 of 27359
I'm not going to process that information...I'm going to wait till it negatively impacts my team and be outraged by this stupid rule change, like everyone else does
post #26889 of 27359
what if they just had the team able to choose between free throws and having the ball back for a foul? that seems like somewhat of a fair compromise
post #26890 of 27359
I'm for whatever solution speeds up the game. Those last few minutes can be criminally slow already, made worse thru intentional fouling. Nobody has 3 hours to invest in a 48 minute basketball game.
post #26891 of 27359
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

what if they just had the team able to choose between free throws and having the ball back for a foul? that seems like somewhat of a fair compromise

Except that would slow things down even more and probably create all sorts of confusion.

By the way, could Adam Silver possibly look more like a member of the undead?

post #26892 of 27359
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Except that would slow things down even more and probably create all sorts of confusion.

By the way, could Adam Silver possibly look more like a member of the undead?


I hope you're wrong re slowing things down.

Silver is a real life Giacometti sculpture.
post #26893 of 27359
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I hope you're wrong re slowing things down.

Silver is a real life Giacometti sculpture.
Maybe I was unclear. I wasn't talking about the actual new rule. I meant the proposed alternative having the fouled team make a choice between shots or possession would slow things down.
post #26894 of 27359
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Maybe I was unclear. I wasn't talking about the actual new rule. I meant the proposed alternative having the fouled team make a choice between shots or possession would slow things down.

Oh, in that case absolutely agree. That would be a horror.
Edited by idfnl - 7/13/16 at 3:02pm
post #26895 of 27359
Well, except that it would presumably dicincentivize the hacking and so wouldn't happen much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread