or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1744

post #26146 of 27228

Lebron played 46 minutes, it is understable if he does not want to bang too hard in the post. Cavs have no bench and for some reason did not play as hard on defence as in game 3. No team can win against Warriors if they allow 17 3pointers to go in. I am sure with Blatt at the helm they could have countered Warriors offense better, still Warriors this year are just too damn powerful. 

post #26147 of 27228

"He never gets calls," Lue said. "I mean, he attacks. Outside of Russell Westbrook, he's one of the guys that attacks the paint every single play. And he doesn't get a fair whistle all the time because of his strength and because of his power and guys bounce off of him. But those are still fouls, and we weren't able to get them. But we've got to play through officiating."

post #26148 of 27228
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

"He never gets calls," Lue said. "I mean, he attacks. Outside of Russell Westbrook
, he's one of the guys that attacks the paint every single play. And he doesn't get a fair whistle all the time because of his strength and because of his power and guys bounce off of him. But those are still fouls, and we weren't able to get them. But we've got to play through officiating."

An astonishing level of bullshit on display from Mr Lue. We're talking about the guy that went 6 games without getting a foul called on him.
post #26149 of 27228
I can only assume what he meant was that Fouls/traveling/carrying is never called on LeBron, which would be correct.
post #26150 of 27228
It's just tiresome to hear a third rate coach working the refs for the next game. It's nothing new at all, but guys like Phil, Pop and even Cuban do it with a lot more panache
post #26151 of 27228
Cuban is funny because he just YOLOs and says a bunch a crazy shit and hopes something sticks. Lue is said because he actually thinks what he's saying is true.
post #26152 of 27228

I would laugh my ass off if this triggers another LeBron exodus from Cleveland in the offseason...Factory of Sadness, for sure.

post #26153 of 27228
Draymond gets flagrant 1 for the LeBron incident. Suspended for next game.

Gotta protect the superstar
post #26154 of 27228
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Draymond gets flagrant 1 for the LeBron incident. Suspended for next game.

Gotta protect the superstar

I dunno, Draymond has been asking for it...
post #26155 of 27228
This was expected. A third incident this postseason? Even if Lebron wasn't involved, I think it'd be the same result. Let conspiracy theories fly about King James, ABC, NBA league office, etc.

Speaking as a general fan, I'm hoping the Cavs bring the series back to Cleveland for game 6, but I don't see it happening -- even without Draymond.
post #26156 of 27228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

I dunno, Draymond has been asking for it...

But this one was so much less obvious and should I say, flagrant, than the Steven Adams kick.

And - this was after LeBron stepped on/over Draymond on purpose
post #26157 of 27228
Totally deserved. You can't do this so many times and not get suspended. Cut this shit out Draymond.

Lebron does deserve some kind of punishment for going for the teabag - I didn't see if he got anything.

All that said, I fully expect the Warriors to still take care of business.
post #26158 of 27228
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Totally deserved. You can't do this so many times and not get suspended. Cut this shit out Draymond.

Lebron does deserve some kind of punishment for going for the teabag - I didn't see if he got anything.

All that said, I fully expect the Warriors to still take care of business.

Lebron received a technical for taunting. Draymond received the flagrant for a "retaliatory swipe of his hand to the groin". Sure the explanation is ridiculous but the cumulative point system is what did Draymond in, not this one specific incident. Draymond has no excuse.
post #26159 of 27228
NBA doing its best to level the playing field. Not defending Draymond because he has made too many mistakes but the whole playoffs have been a horrid show of officiating. The refs made no attempt to gain control of the floor on game 5 and things got rougher and rougher. Cavs got mugged in the paint and Warriors got mugged at the 3 point line.

Either way Warriors have a great opportunity to end this thing tomorrow but it goes from a sure thing to just a strong likelihood.
post #26160 of 27228
Look at the albatross that showed up at the finals...


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread