Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1664post #24947 of 278254/6/16 at 6:03pmpost #24948 of 278254/6/16 at 7:13pmpost #24949 of 278254/6/16 at 7:14pmpost #24950 of 278254/6/16 at 7:25pmpost #24951 of 278254/6/16 at 7:56pmI got it like two minutes into a meeting. LD is just saying any kind of record is hard and warriors shouldn't take it for granted? I do need some fucking tho. Thanks for volunteering for bottomQuote:
I just listened to him on Lowe's podcast the other day and things seemed to be going pretty well. He did say he lost like twenty pounds since January. Maybe he was tired of the stress. Also didn't really have much luck in ping pong balls. Watch them get hields now thopost #24952 of 278254/7/16 at 7:53amQuote:I already explained why I was posting it: fuck you.
Wasn't making an argument about going for or not going for the record. Just riffing off your comment about resting the starters and putting scrubs in.post #24953 of 278254/7/16 at 8:51am
I think the Warriors came into this season with a chip on their shoulders based on all the talk about LeBron during the Finals and the talk about the Cavs and Spurs being favorites to win it all before the season started.
They aren't looking for just another Finals win, but they want to really make the doubters eat their words. That means being one of the best teams of all time (I mean they already won 67 games last year and by all accounts they thought they could do better). So I don't see why they should give up on their initial goal when they are pretty damn close to fulfilling it. There's an article about how the Bulls felt essentially the same during their run: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-bulls-nba-record-brian-schmitz-0407-20160406-column.html.
I don't think any other team in discussion for best of all time (Russell & Bird Celtics, 80s Lakers, 80s 76ers, Bulls, Lakers, even the Dream Team) ever rested players who were not injured. They weren't fighting to save their strength - they didn't need to because they knew they were the best and were going to prove it. In fact playing harder and tiring themselves out and still winning only proved their dominance.
Some teams dream of winning championships. But this Warriors team from the get go dreamed of etching themselves in history. Going down fighting in a blaze of glory for this team is better than just repeating last year's events.
I think this is the mindset of the Warriors since winning the Finals last year. When they're so close to fulfilling their unbelievably high expectations they've put on themselves I don't see why they should push the brakes. Yeah if they don't win they don't win. But I don't think they're about just winning this year. They're about dominating. If they win but don't dominate that's pretty good, but it doesn't really fulfill their goals. Plus who knows if this chance will ever come again - they have FAs this year and some of they key players are going to get older next year.
Some teams dream of winning championships. This Warriors team dreams of standing alone in the history books. Going down in a blaze of glory in some ways is better progress than just repeating last year's events.post #24954 of 278254/7/16 at 11:30ampost #24955 of 278254/7/16 at 11:38amIF the Warriors don't break the record, I just hope they don't go into sour grapes mode and be like "Nahh,,, we didn't want it anyway. We're focused on what really matters, bla bla bla" Own up to it. Because we all know if they do end up breaking 72-10, all this "we're bored" talk will go by the wayside.post #24956 of 278254/7/16 at 6:39pmpost #24957 of 278254/7/16 at 7:07pmI actually wanted/want the warriors to break the overall win record. The boston fan in me kind of doesn't want their 1986 home 40-1 record to be broken though (still can totally happen with the spurs though).
Having lived in SF for a little bit, I did notice how legitimate the NorCal vs SoCal hate is. It really surprised me at how heated it is (Dodger vs Giants fan violence only made it too real). Its fun to see NorCal people having legit NBA success while the Lakers languish...
Thats why I wanted to see the Warriors beat the record, because it creates a blank slate... it resets the 80's, 90's to early 00's era's and brings this new golden era of the NBA into focus... NBA is turning into baseball where the past seems to be a little too overbearing on the present.... I get that those 80's Lakers and Celtics teams were epic, that Jordan is the best ever.... that Kobe was dominant and never really conformed and still got 5 chips. I'm fortunate enough to have memories from all the three decades.
But damn its exciting to see something new and unique like the warriors. Young Kobe was unique, then he turned into a lesser jordan clone and it was grating. Jordan is now weirdly uncool with his dad jeans and 90's suits/fits, Phil Jackson was cool at one time, but even old hippie zen master turned into old "GET OUR THREE POINTERS OFF MY LAWN" curmudgeon old man parody.post #24958 of 278254/7/16 at 8:10pmpost #24959 of 278254/7/16 at 10:03pmpost #24960 of 278254/7/16 at 10:16pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 11 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Cigars 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 14 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...