Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 5:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1647post #24691 of 270483/1/16 at 6:15pmpost #24692 of 270483/1/16 at 8:47pmpost #24693 of 270483/1/16 at 10:05pmpost #24694 of 270483/1/16 at 10:20pmpost #24695 of 270483/1/16 at 10:25pmQuote:
What got into Bogut? He put up 19 points in 31 minutes. Haven't seen a scoring explosion from him since his Milwaukee days it's seems.
For those that following betting lines, it was a push at 214 total points.post #24696 of 270483/2/16 at 4:50ampost #24697 of 270483/2/16 at 9:11pmpost #24698 of 270483/2/16 at 10:21pmpost #24699 of 270483/3/16 at 8:44pmpost #24700 of 270483/3/16 at 10:05pm
im waiting for that record to go down so i can then quote my prophetic words. but fuck, will someone atleast put the breaks on this warriors team? im beginning to dislike them because they are too good. turning into a real, no good player hater
this was weirdpost #24701 of 270483/3/16 at 11:42pm
SBnation OKC 4th quarter stagnation analysis was 100% correct, they have nothing outside of KD and Westbrook. Even when Ibaka is on a roll they cannot capitalise on it.
I look forward to getting (even) old(er) and reminiscing about this Warriors team and season, like I've done for so long with the Bulls' second threepeat.post #24702 of 270483/4/16 at 2:41amQuote:
Jalen actually said something similar in a podcast a few days ago. Something along the lines of "Are these teams even trying? These are professional athletes getting paid big money and they seem content to let the Warriors beat them on the way to making history."
Seriously though, I've made my peace with them breaking the record. My only hope is they don't win the chip.....post #24703 of 270483/4/16 at 7:45ampost #24704 of 270483/4/16 at 1:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by UnFacconable
The Oscar Robertson stuff is pretty hilarious considering that we're not talking about a guy who played during one of the defensive eras. Look at the league averages for PPG - when Oscar was doing his thing scoring was at an all-time high at 110-118 points per game. League is scoring 102 ppg now. If defense was so great back in the 60's why were teams full of guys who couldn't shoot (and without any 3 pointers) scoring 15% more per game than the league is now? In Oscar's triple double year (61-62), the league took almost 30% more field goals per game than they do now and almost 60% more free throws!! Oh and they were definitely worse at FT shooting too. Oscar's 31/12/11 would look more like 27/9/8 and per 36 minutes would be more like 21/7/6. Still nice, but doesn't have the same ring to it. Steph would have absolutely shredded teams in that era - maybe not 50 ppg like Wilt, but he would have gotten his shots off easily and he wouldn't have been undersized like he is now.
I give Oscar credit for playing 45 mpg (and Wilt averaged over 48 his 50pt season) but come on how hard could the league have played defense if guys were able to play that many minutes? No one in the league has played 40 mpg in the last 6 seasons and only 2 guys have done it in the last 8.
Is this any different from old timers who walked uphill both ways to school?
Oscar's completely wrong about Steph Curry. His scoring would go down a bit just because of there not being a three point line. But defenses then packed the middle. Curry would be unguarded for most of his shots.
A funny misperception about Wilt - you always hear "he never played against anyone his height". But the median starting center his rookie year was 6'9.5", and his last season it was 6'10". The current median is 6'11". So he had a whopping 1.5" advantage.post #24705 of 270483/4/16 at 4:51pmQuote:
Weren't a lot of those guys just giant white guys who couldn't really play and weren't athletic? At least today's centers are black, white, and euros who have some athletic ability.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 21 seconds ago
- › Giorgio Armani black label 3-piece tuxedo from SF Boutique 8 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 31 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 33 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 34 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Baby Powder in shoes -- when sockless 36 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 36 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 39 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...