Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1634post #24496 of 278642/10/16 at 7:14ampost #24497 of 278642/10/16 at 8:50ampost #24498 of 278642/10/16 at 8:51ampost #24499 of 278642/10/16 at 2:10pmThe ESPN Top 10 List … I know, I know. But it's up so might as well consider. Thoughts?
The comments in the articles leading up to the top 10 were kind of interesting though. Quotes from former players, coaches, etc.
That 4th quarter from GSW last night… wow. After being tied with Houston at 93 (IIRC) at the end of the 3rd, Warriors go on a 13-2 run or some shit… Curry hits a 30 footer or two and yeah that's the game. Unbelievable.post #24500 of 278642/10/16 at 2:33pmpost #24501 of 278642/10/16 at 2:36pmpost #24502 of 278642/10/16 at 2:38pmQuote:So half of your post telling me I'm wrong is a diatribe about how Lebron is a doucheOriginally Posted by Kid Nickels
First of all FTFY… second from your post, you clearly haven't been paying attention. I have hometown MLB and NFL teams but no hometown NBA team. I don't like the Clippers and Russell is a Buckeye so I've kinda adopted the Lakers because I like basketball… but I have a connection with the Warriors so I watch and root for them as well. Ultimately, I don't hold any inviolable NBA allegiances as in my mind that needs to be a native, home town thing or something that develops over a long period of time.
and yes LeBron is a douche… a massive fucking douche.
I mean it's pretty ironic that during a GSW game (a team playing great basketball and team basketball to boot) all I see during the breaks are LBJ commercials talking about how "it's all about getting one for the Land" (which I'm assuming is idiot for Cleveland).
Really? Well perhaps it's all about championships… unless it happens to conflict with my getting paid to make commercials about possibly winning said championships.
I'm perfectly willing to accept that you actually have team allegiances, but perhaps my misconception isn't because I haven't been paying attention, but because of what you constantly post about.post #24503 of 278642/10/16 at 2:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Steve B.
San Antonio has only one pro team.
I was born and raised in WI.
2 words on the Giants: Barry Bonds. (Oh and I lived there 10 years).
I also lived in LA for 10 years, and right down the hill from Eric Dickerson, but he wasn't a Packer.
I think you've got a case of the sour grapes because no one in LA has won a championship in so long.
Nor will the Dodgers this year- both AZ and SF are better ball clubs.
But you do have the best weather.
Not really hockey weather, though.post #24504 of 278642/10/16 at 2:40pmpost #24505 of 278642/10/16 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by HRoi
So half of your post telling me I'm wrong is a diatribe about how Lebron is a douche
I'm perfectly willing to accept that you actually have team allegiances, but perhaps my misconception isn't because I haven't been paying attention, but because of what you constantly post about.
Understood. But no it's not "just" why I'm here…. I often post about the games and sport in general. And to be accurate… I just said LBJ is a douche in that post, but the example is really pretty apropos of his attitude/mindset and not indicative of douchebaggery.
He's stated multiple times how much his goal is to make a billion dollars, be a billionaire, basically become the NBA version of Jay-Z. Well while he's talking about all that shit and making commercials about all that shit, and going on on and about how cool he is about all that shit … I see Curry and the Warriors actually doing it (at least the on-court portion).
Some people want to win.
Some want a billion dollars.post #24506 of 278642/10/16 at 3:07pmpost #24507 of 278642/10/16 at 3:21pmpost #24508 of 278642/10/16 at 3:36pm
Putting LeBron on that list when he's years from retiring makes it difficult to judge when everyone else in the Top 10 is retired or very close to retirement.
If he retired at the end of this season, would he still be #3? I recall that Dirk was considered the #1 PF of all time right when he won his championship. Duncan didn't really cement that label for himself until the Spurs did well again in 2013/2014 and he took the spotlight away from Dirk.post #24509 of 278642/10/16 at 3:38pm
You must be high as fuck right now. So uber clutch … so fucking money. Career numbers and Bird ain't top 10?Quote:
Certainly makes it tricky. I think it's safe to say however, he's not going to go all Jordan and win 3 more championships.post #24510 of 278642/10/16 at 3:58pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Sexy Brunello Cucinelli Safari Jacket 50 Wool 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 9 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 15 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...