or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 160

post #2386 of 27236
Kobe has been the best player in the league the past 13 years.
post #2387 of 27236
Wrong. Spoken like a true lakers fan, but not a basketball fan.
post #2388 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by matik23 View Post
Wrong. Spoken like a true lakers fan, but not a basketball fan.

Who's been better/won more over that time period.
post #2389 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by matik23 View Post
Kobe himself doesn't elevate a team. He's a ballhog without a supporting cast.

This is the most idiotic thing I've read in this thread (other than steve's posts).

Go back under your rock cockroach.
post #2390 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by matik23 View Post
Kobe's first 3 peat happened when it was Shaq's team. Post Shaq they were in their adjustment periods until they acquired Pau Gasol. Kobe himself doesn't elevate a team. He's a ballhog without a supporting cast.

How is Lebron even in contention for mvp talks after all that media coverage of heat breaking down during that certain period. It's Rose w/o a doubt. Did you not watch the magic game?

Rose made the Heat cry in their locker room.
Rose made the longest tenure coach retire from the Jazz.
Rose made a 5 year old Atlanta fan cry and TNT was heartless enough to capture it.]

who are you trying to argue with? Me? Foodguy? Because you might want to reread both posts - we both said Rose should be MVP...

And I didn't realize that Jerry Sloan retired because of Rose. Care to provide facts to back up that little gem?
post #2391 of 27236
You have to give Rose the MVP because they have the best record in the league and he improved so much from last year to this year. I think a lot of it has to do with Thibs, he really took that team to the next level, but Rose made it possible. They went much of the year without 1 of both of their 2 best players in Noah and Boozer yet still managed this record. Thibs gets my vote for coach of the year as well. But if you take that record out of the equation, MVP has to be Dwight Howard or LBJ. And I HATE LBJ. But it's called most valuable..look at the Cavs without LBJ..worst team in the league. Look at the Heat with LBJ..instant contenders. How can he not be the most valuable? And same with D12..he's playing with scrubs out there. He plays at a high level on both ends of the floor night in and night out, 2nd in rebounds, 2nd in blocks, 2nd in fg%, top 10 in scoring and without him the Magic is a lottery team. Basically I think Rose is only deserving because of that record. Without it I would make the case for D12 or LBJ.
post #2392 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
This is the most idiotic thing I've read in this thread (other than steve's posts).

Go back under your rock cockroach.

You must have gotten into NBA recently when they acquired Gasol, and not 6-7 years ago. Hey remember when the Suns squashed them two seasons in a row first round? Of course not.
post #2393 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by matik23 View Post
You must have gotten into NBA recently when they acquired Gasol, and not 6-7 years ago. Hey remember when the Suns squashed them two seasons in a row first round? Of course not.

What is your point? So by your logic, Rose doesn't deserve an MVP because it took getting Boozer before they rose to the top of their conference? If they win it all this year, it's not because of Rose but because they got a post player?

GTFO
post #2394 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Who's been better/won more over that time period.

Depends on what Jet meant by "best player the last 13 years"... Statement is vague as hell.
post #2395 of 27236
Rose will win it. D12 should win it. Defense is really important to BB and D12 is a stud on both ends of the floor.
post #2396 of 27236
From the Jerry Sloan comment, it seems that matik23 can't even tell Derrick Rose apart from Deron Williams
post #2397 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
From the Jerry Sloan comment, it seems that matik23 can't even tell Derrick Rose apart from Deron Williams

lol yeah i was like wtf
post #2398 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent View Post
Depends on what Jet meant by "best player the last 13 years"... Statement is vague as hell.

Subjective? Maybe. Vague as hell? Hardly.

Besides, the list of guys who'd qualify for that title is prettyyyy pretty short. Duncan, Kobe, ???
post #2399 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Subjective? Maybe. Vague as hell? Hardly.

Besides, the list of guys who'd qualify for that title is prettyyyy pretty short. Duncan, Kobe, ???

Best player each of the last 13 years? Or the player with the overall, the best last 13 years?

I'm assuming he meant the latter, but I'm giving matik the benefit of the doubt that he misconstrued it as the former.
post #2400 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Subjective? Maybe. Vague as hell? Hardly.

Besides, the list of guys who'd qualify for that title is prettyyyy pretty short. Duncan, Kobe, ???

Over the past thirteen as a body of work, I'd easily rank Duncan over Kobe, and it's not even that close. Yeah Kobe might have more rings, but he was the Alpha on only the past two. What Duncan did in his market with SA's payroll was incredibly impressive. Advanced statistics bear this argument out pretty profoundly, whether you look at PER or Win-Share, or whatever else you chose. It really shouldn't even be much of an argument.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread