Boris Diaw is a classic case. In Lin's, he's neither that good an NBA player or fantasy option.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1583post #23731 of 2724710/22/15 at 9:41ampost #23732 of 2724710/22/15 at 9:47ampost #23733 of 2724710/22/15 at 10:53amQuote:
youre probably thinking of tristan thompson. so fucking amazing in real life and even better in fantasy. cleveland got him for song at $82 million over 5 years. i mean you cant tell me he isnt beast because the money. did you know he switched shooting hands a couple of years ago?!? he might be the only player in history to shoot free throws with both hands and still not make them. does that make him worse than shaq? i dont know because shaq only shot them with one hand.
5 year, 82 million for the 2 handed wonder who is making more as a backup than the starter. fuck i want to be friends with lebron and miss free throws with both hands. think of the $$$$$$$$post #23734 of 2724710/22/15 at 11:03ampost #23735 of 2724710/22/15 at 11:11ambro, ive already done the math and its only going to add $.25 cents to the cost of the $8.95 hot dog, and $.41 cents to the $11 bud light. and because tickets are already $$$, now little timmy can only go to one game instead of 2 but we can explain to him his grades have been slipping and that if we wants to see king james and best friend play again he needs to start getting straight Bs or end up like his drunk unclepost #23736 of 2724710/22/15 at 11:25ampost #23737 of 2724710/22/15 at 12:00pmpost #23738 of 2724710/22/15 at 5:09pm
Not necessarily no. Fantasy uses traditional box statistics. A ton of players fill up counting stats but kill the offense and/or defense in real life. Like Enes Kanter is top 120 in fantasy value out 400 something and you don't want him out there long periods of time. There's a reason why people use more advanced statistics when evaluating players like how much a team is better or worse when you're on the floor.Quote:
. Now I remember why I had you on ignore. Back you go
Lin is probably top 5 best backup point guard right now. Darren Collison, Shaun Livingston, Lin, Isiah Thomas, DJ Augustin. I'd put Lin at 4 ahead of DJ Augustin.
I don't think you understand what good means. Like the guy at the end of the bench on the sixers used to be a college star. The most average player is probably Tim Hardaway Jr.
From what I understand TT's contract was about potential. Like nobody thought Lowry or Conley or Butler deserved max money. Idfnl thought even Kawhi didn't deserve max. He's probably one of the ten best players right now. Remember when most people including OKC didn't think a certain future MVP candidate deserved max which was like a relatively piddling $60 something million for five years? Cavs had no other option to replace TT, they want a championship, and TT at center allowed them to go small and make it pretty close in the finals. TT is one of the few guys who's really good at defending both dudes at the pick and roll. Also when the salary cap explodes TT's contract is very tradeable. It doesn't always pan out, but I could see TT someday becoming a star.
But besides all that the luxury tax hit on TT's contract I think totals $45million. And the sixers entire roster this year is only getting paid $35 million
Edited by indesertum - 10/22/15 at 5:25pmpost #23739 of 2724710/22/15 at 5:30pmpost #23740 of 2724710/22/15 at 5:48pmQuote:
Yes. Almost all contracts are guaranteed, so even if the player is cut he will get paid (so most players tend to get traded instead of cut). There are a few exceptions to the guaranteed contracts though (Brendan Haywood is the first one that comes to mind, but his contract recently expired).post #23741 of 2724710/22/15 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by ballmouse
Yes. Almost all contracts are guaranteed, so even if the player is cut he will get paid (so most players tend to get traded instead of cut). There are a few exceptions to the guaranteed contracts though (Brendan Haywood is the first one that comes to mind, but his contract recently expired).
Ah, yes. Explains the Ridnour trade marathon this offseason too. The Knicks are probably still paying Allan Houston too.
Edited by ellsbebc - 10/22/15 at 7:04pmpost #23742 of 2724710/22/15 at 5:53pmI suppose that a guy who's only 24 still has "potential", but this is a fifth year pro that has only one NBA starter level-skill, and has shown virtually no improvement over his 4 years in the league. That's the kind of guy who should get $20M more than Boogie Cousins, huh.
I'm happy because I don't like the Cavs. There's no way his contract doesn't come back to bite Comic Sans cockface in the asspost #23743 of 2724710/22/15 at 8:46pmChauncey Billups is the only guy I can think of off the top of my head that took that long to make something of himself, but he was never a guy anyone thought would make it by that time.....just got a crazy break with Terrell Brandon going down and then boom. Obviously there's no connection between that and TT. though.post #23744 of 2724710/22/15 at 9:22pmQuote:
Brandon Jennings above all of those. Yes to Collison, Augustine and Thomas. Add CJ Watson, Beverly, Beno, even Vasquez and Hinrich is preferable to Lin for me.post #23745 of 2724710/24/15 at 9:35am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 10 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 26 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 27 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 31 minutes ago
- › Jomers 31 minutes ago
- › New Tie - What to wear with it? 36 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 45 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...