Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 3:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1565post #23461 of 272477/18/15 at 12:32pmpost #23462 of 272477/18/15 at 1:03pmpost #23463 of 272477/18/15 at 4:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by HRoi
That does look like a stacked team. Should Spurs be worried ?
I think not
What I like is that they got two guys really cheap because they fucked up their former teams (Lance and Smoove), but are low risk - you can put them to stay home if needed - and are coming into an ecosystem with an established pecking order and veteran leadership (Chris Paul will freeze you out if you don't get with the program)
No- some other Serbian dude who's 7-4.post #23464 of 272477/19/15 at 7:23pmpost #23465 of 272477/19/15 at 7:28pmpost #23466 of 272477/19/15 at 7:43pmpost #23467 of 272477/19/15 at 8:03pmpost #23468 of 272477/19/15 at 9:05pmGod dam, the West powerhouses are getting more and more stacked. The only East team that got significantly stronger was...the Heat? Well, Philly too but they barely register as an NBA team even after getting Okafor
Edit: Boston and Charlotte, too. But no one's challenging Cleveland in the East, and the West is an arms racepost #23469 of 272477/19/15 at 10:02pmpost #23470 of 272477/20/15 at 6:33ampost #23471 of 272477/20/15 at 8:52pmpost #23472 of 272477/20/15 at 9:06pmI thought Jonathon Simmons won MVP
Have you guys seen Kyle Anderson play? He has that old man game. Slow but sneaky like pierce. Dunno if it'll translate to NBA
Edited by indesertum - 7/20/15 at 11:19pmpost #23473 of 272477/21/15 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #23474 of 272477/21/15 at 12:10pmThread StarterThere was also a twitter feud between Shaw and Pippen with Shaq stating the Lakers all-time bests would beat the Bulls best by 50 points.
A quick analysis I read online on why the Bulls picks.Quote:No way in the hell any all-time great team is going to beat a Michael Jordan all-time great team by 50. No Way. First, it's a team sport. Not constructed of just 5 players. If I was picking a Chicago Bulls team to compete against the Lakers. It would include 15 players since the league now allows 15 players on a roster & 13 can be active. Phil Jackson would be the coach & we would run the triangle offense.
My starting 5 would complement one another. Derrick Rose would not start on my team because his game does not complement MJ's. Kirk Hinrich would be my starting point guard. The Bulls team that I'm constructing would be a defensive force. I'm not even starting Dennis Rodman, bringing him off the bench to inject energy. I'm starting Kirk Hinrich, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, & Joakim Noah. Kirk's a very good deep shooter, good playmaker & excellent defender. In his prime, I think he complements Jordan extremely well. Better than any of the triangle guards on the championship teams like Paxson, Kerr, & Armstrong & that's saying something. All three of those guards have effective FG% greater than 51% with Kerr leading the pack at 56%. One of them could easily be my 3rd guard because I'm looking for a specialist to fill that role. I'm taking Paxson because he's so clutch & can handle the 3rd guard role.
Here's my team & depth chart. At the #1 or Lead Guard spot - Kirk Hinrich, Derrick Rose, & John Paxson. Pax is a team chemistry pick. Others might pick Norm Van Lier (Defensive terror), Guy Rodgers (only played one year for Bulls but consummate playmaker - still holds all-time assist mark for the team)
At #2 Guard spot MJ - MJ always averaged over 40 minutes per game in the playoffs, so it doesn't really matter who I pick to back him off, but I'm spelling him with Jerry Sloan & Jimmy Butler. I think that's 3 defensive 2 guards who can handle anything that the Lakers put on the floor.
At the #3 I'm picking Scottie Pippen, Backed up by Chet the Jet Walker & Bob Love.
At the #4, I'm starting Horace Grant, who I consider to be one of the finest & most versatile defensive power forwards to ever play the game. Horace was & would be the point person when this Bulls team would apply full court pressure to the Lakers. Dennis Rodman would backup Horace, adding versatility & energy to the second unit. Tony Kuckoc takes the final spot - a versatile, playmaking 4.
Who would I pick to match up with the Lakers dominance at the 5 spot? In the Bulls championship years, they had a 3 headed monster at the center spot, so I'm continuing the tradition. Start either one of my center choices for different reasons, but I'm going with Joakim Noah, Artis Gilmore, & Bill Cartwright. Noah is the perfect center for this team. Selfless, great ball handler & passer, and a warrior on the defensive end. Artis gives you size, scoring punch, & a solid presence on both ends. Bill Cartwright's presence might shock some on this roster, but ask Patrick Ewing how tough it was to go against BC in the post. The Bulls did not double team Ewing with Cartwright on the floor, which was a huge reason why the Bulls were able to beat the Ewing led Knicks team.
An All-time Bulls lose by 50 to an all-time Lakers team. Please, never, not if you understand the game & realize its a TEAM sport!post #23475 of 272477/21/15 at 1:38pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
Currently, there are 1084 Active Users (133 Members and 951 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 4 minutes ago
- › JOHN LOBB 11E Bordor (like EG Dovers) tried on once like new w bags... 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › GEORGE Cleverley double monks in very good condition 8E box bags trees 22 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 26 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 26 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 27 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...