or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1420

post #21286 of 27250
oh fuck. craig sager's leukemia has returned.

aml is exceedingly difficult to cure in the older population, and much much more so when it returns post-bone marrow transplant. 5-yr survival rates are as low as 5%. i wish the best for him and his family. truly awful news.
post #21287 of 27250
God that really sucks. Cancer is the worst.
post #21288 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

only way you can lose up 9 w/ 40 secs left is if you fuck a ton of shit up...

I'm pretty sure the Lakers have done it a couple times this season! nod[1].gif
post #21289 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

Not 100%.  Love could've easily missed the lob.  LeBron could've been overly cocky trying to bring that in with one hand instead of going up with both hands.  Is LeBron dunking the shit out of the ball the worst case scenario for the Nets? Absolutely not.  With 40 seconds left and down 9, a 3-pointer would've cut the deficit to a 2-possession gap.  Instead, it's still a 3-possession game.


And you know this how?  Were you standing in the huddle when Lionel Hollins was drawing up the defense?  That's speculation on your part, which is funny because you're so keen on calling other people out on it.


That definitely looked like horrible off-ball PnR coverage by Anderson.  Looked like he was anticipating the pick and his attention was entirely focused on Kyrie.  Completely lost his man.

A dunk is the highest % shot in basketball. Feel free to go ahead and hand them out. I was not in the huddle with Hollins, but I can safely assume he didn't say "if the Red Sea parts, go ahead and let them dunk on us".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

haha this is so wrong it's so funny to me. bruh you're up 9 points, who cares if they get a dunk. then you're only up 7 w/ 40 secs left w/ the ball.

only way you can lose up 9 w/ 40 secs left is if you fuck a ton of shit up and your opponent has a lot of high-variance shit go his way. so the underdog needs to enact as many david strategies as possible. so if cleveland has the choice btwn a guaranteed 2 pts or a 3 pta by a 33% shooter they would be idiotic not to take the 3 pta.

See above. And stop with the Neo inducing "so wrong" babble, it's trivial.
post #21290 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

A dunk is the highest % shot in basketball. Feel free to go ahead and hand them out. I was not in the huddle with Hollins, but I can safely assume he didn't say "if the Red Sea parts, go ahead and let them dunk on us".

And yet you get all prissy when we safely assume that a potential 3-pointer is much worse than LeBron's dunk given the game situation. I honestly should be baffled at how is this not getting through to you, but I know better at this point.  You're a lost cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

See above. And stop with the Neo inducing "so wrong" babble, it's trivial.

The hell is he supposed to do?  Say you're right? :crackup:

post #21291 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

a potential 3-pointer is much worse than LeBron's dunk given the game situation.

This is just a philosophical difference. If CLE needed a 3, they would have shot one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

The hell is he supposed to do?  Say you're right? crackup%5B1%5D.gif

Maybe just say nothing, it's implicit in the counterpoint.
post #21292 of 27250
each time a basket is made it's 'bad defense' and it happens on 50% of possessions so idk what is your point exactly
it's not like this play could be easily stopped, it was pretty entertaining as well so cheer up and enjoy instead ^_^
post #21293 of 27250
this playoff dance is enthralling. golden state is locked into #1, port in 4, dallas 7, okc 8 (probably).

memphis is #2 (51-24), houston 0.5 gb (50-24), clippers 1.5 gb (49-25), spurs 3 gb (47-26).

memphis should give anything not to face san antonio...clippers would probably prefer not to face memphis. spurs are sitting pretty, hard-charging, and everyone is terrified of them. who really knows about houston; i still have no idea how they're winning games.
post #21294 of 27250
Yeah. How the hell is Houston winning
post #21295 of 27250
besides Harden they have a v.good passing team, good wings and experienced guards(terry/prigioni).... but still yeah they should be winning so much puzzled.gif
post #21296 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

each time a basket is made it's 'bad defense' and it happens on 50% of possessions

But many possessions end with well contested baskets, that's not bad defense. On the flip side, terrible defense often results in a missed shot.
post #21297 of 27250
It cracks me up how teams are looking at their records now counting how many more losses they need so they don't lose the protected draft picks they traded away. It's untenable.
post #21298 of 27250
I don't get the pundits obsession with determining "who's team" it is.
post #21299 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I don't get the pundits obsession with determining "who's team" it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

And I know it's a complicated word, but learn to spell sequitur whose. For all your bad jokes, it's hilarious you're doing the very thing you accuse someone else of.


FTFY
post #21300 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I think everyone calls you stupid, well, because you are.

idfnl might not see the fault in his stupidity, many stupid people dont. instead, its the rest of the members in this thread - who time and again dismiss his comments as being stupid and yet keep replying to his bug-eyed ideas - that might be stupid; like moths attracted to light because they dont know any better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread