or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1418

post #21256 of 27206
Zach Lowe and JJ Redick? That podcast could not have been any whiter if Mike Dunleavy was also somehow involved.
post #21257 of 27206
i liked the lin article. i think he needs the right system around him cuz his shooting isn't that great

the article points out james harden's usage rate when lin was in houston and how byron scott has the lakers shooting the least amount of 3s when lin needs space to operate
post #21258 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Zach Lowe and JJ Redick? That podcast could not have been any whiter if Mike Dunleavy was also somehow involved.
On a Bill Simmons - managed website. Boom!
post #21259 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post


this shit is unstoppable. can't help off of love. have to prevent penetration by irving so lebron's man has to step up. lebron knows this and slips the screen once he feels his defender slacking off him. shooters on the strong side so defenders can't get in lebron's way.

this is like cheating

although i don't quite understand why biedrins attempted to hedge when arguably lopez was right there and could cover him

Impressive leap and offensive awareness, but that was a result of shit defense. Anderson was caught flat and there was no rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i love every single zach lowe podcast. he asks the right mix of Xs and Os, stats, pop culture, and humor. if all nba media were like him KD and westbrook would never have a problem

He's not afraid of the buzz word either, which we know you find endearing.
post #21260 of 27206
..
Edited by idfnl - 3/28/15 at 4:41pm
post #21261 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Impressive leap and offensive awareness, but that was a result of shit defense. Anderson was caught flat and there was no rotation.
He's not afraid of the buzz word either, which we know you find endearing.

oops i meant anderson

i already wrote in the post you just quoted why what you just said is wrong. there's no rotation because all the guys who can rotate are defending shooters in the opposite corner. anderson wasn't "caught flat". he was attempting to hedge kyrie irving because he was about to get middle penetration. lebron recognized that and slipped the screen before he even set it and love saw that lebron slipped the screen and threw him a pass. watch the video again. there's no counterplay except having a smarter faster bigger defender on lebron. he would have to pretend to go for the hedge and then somehow run faster than lebron and get back between him and the basket even with a lebron head start. or be taller and try to intercept the pass. if he decides to stick on lebron, kyrie gets to the middle with the ball in his coming off a screen. lopez can't help cuz he's guarding love and if lopez helps love gets a three. any rotation results in a three or penetration
post #21262 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

On a Bill Simmons - managed website. Boom!

I'm still convinced he hired Jalen Rose out of affirmative action moreso than actual qualifications. He does nothing but shout non-sequiturs and spout rash generalizations. Reminds me of a certain someone on this very forum.
post #21263 of 27206
he's entertaining. is the best i could come up with
post #21264 of 27206
And to inexplicably, carry around a baseball bat during YouTube videos...

Speaking of Simmons, I read his NBA trade value column. It was ok until he got to the Kyrie Irving section and went on this nonsensical rant where he name-dropped every NBA hall of famer that he worked with and how they all made him a "better NBA analyst". Dude, GTFO of here. Your whole shtick as "the sports guy" was this independent guy who wasn't afraid to wear his fandom on his sleeve and deliver biting criticism of the establishment. And now here you are spouting off your establishment credentials. I honestly felt embarrassed for him.
post #21265 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

oops i meant anderson

i already wrote in the post you just quoted why what you just said is wrong. there's no rotation because all the guys who can rotate are defending shooters in the opposite corner. anderson wasn't "caught flat". he was attempting to hedge kyrie irving because he was about to get middle penetration. lebron recognized that and slipped the screen before he even set it and love saw that lebron slipped the screen and threw him a pass. watch the video again. there's no counterplay except having a smarter faster bigger defender on lebron. he would have to pretend to go for the hedge and then somehow run faster than lebron and get back between him and the basket even with a lebron head start. or be taller and try to intercept the pass. if he decides to stick on lebron, kyrie gets to the middle with the ball in his coming off a screen. lopez can't help cuz he's guarding love and lopez helps love gets a three. any rotation results in a three or penetration

Yeah, I read Lopez and it didn't add up.

I'd rotate off of Shumpert to stop an easy basket from LJ any day.
post #21266 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I'm still convinced he hired Jalen Rose out of affirmative action moreso than actual qualifications. He does nothing but shout non-sequiturs and spout rash generalizations. Reminds me of a certain someone on this very forum.

Your Jalen comment defines a rash generalization and non-sequitur. And I know it's a complicated word, but learn to spell sequitur. For all your bad jokes, it's hilarious you're doing the very thing you accuse someone else of.
post #21267 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

And now here you are spouting off your establishment credentials

I don't fault him. It's impossible not to turn into a parody of yourself when you have access. It's like Neo, but without the access.
post #21268 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

And to inexplicably, carry around a baseball bat during YouTube videos...

Speaking of Simmons, I read his NBA trade value column. It was ok until he got to the Kyrie Irving section and went on this nonsensical rant where he name-dropped every NBA hall of famer that he worked with and how they all made him a "better NBA analyst". Dude, GTFO of here. Your whole shtick as "the sports guy" was this independent guy who wasn't afraid to wear his fandom on his sleeve and deliver biting criticism of the establishment. And now here you are spouting off your establishment credentials. I honestly felt embarrassed for him.

this a billion times. it was really sad. he was like "i didn't like kyrie. but then kobe said he likes kobe. so now i like kryie". not even an exaggeration
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Yeah, I read Lopez and it didn't add up.

I'd rotate off of Shumpert to stop an easy basket from LJ any day.

how the hell you gone rotate off shumpert to stop lebron when you're in the opposite corner
post #21269 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

how the hell you gone rotate off shumpert to stop lebron when you're in the opposite corner

"I was talking about 2K15. You can do that in 2K15."
post #21270 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

how the hell you gone rotate off shumpert to stop lebron when you're in the opposite corner

Right. A player with a foot on the edge of the paint can't shuffle 2 steps and make a rotation. He must have needed a rest day.

So this must be your definition of "opposite corner", looked like about 6 feet to me. A guy paying attention could have make that rotation easily to at least provide some resistance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread