or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1405

post #21061 of 27250
wow you guys like it when duke loses? really going out on a limb there
post #21062 of 27250
Yeah, it's like when the rebel alliance finally beats the empire and throws the emperor down the death star shaft
post #21063 of 27250
I can't get into college bball due to the quality of play being so horrible. I also hate it when college bball fans say the players try harder than the NBA. Just because a player tries harder doesn't make it better.

I generally don't watch the tournament until the Sweet 16 round although I might try to catch Kentucky this year to see if they can go undefeated.
post #21064 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

. I also hate it when college bball fans say the players try harder than the NBA. Just because a player tries harder doesn't make it better.

The people who say that also invariably only watch March Madness, and then compare that product to regular reason NBA games. Watch NBA playoffs and talk about how they don't play hard.
post #21065 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Yeah, it's like when the rebel alliance finally beats the empire and throws the emperor down the death star shaft
real talk, "rebel alliance" just a propaganda term for a band of straight-up terrorists
post #21066 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

I can't get into college bball due to the quality of play being so horrible. I also hate it when college bball fans say the players try harder than the NBA. Just because a player tries harder doesn't make it better.

I might try to catch Kentucky this year to see if they can go undefeated.

Chuck was on with Simmons the other day and reminded me of how bad AAU basketball is too. You just get a group of the best guys together and then go around mauling everyone else, how is that of interest to anyone?

It's kind of like the Kentucky team. You have 2 top seed starting units on that squad. Why watch them blow everyone out? I watched about 10 mins of Kentucky v Kansas very early in the season, Kansas was getting dismantled and it got boring fast and changed the channel.
post #21067 of 27250

I like watching the USA basketball team, and they probably have 12 of the best 15-20 players in the whole tournament.

post #21068 of 27250
Agreed. Absolutely love watching USA basketball. It's just a really high quality product they put out on the floor, and not just because of the stacked roster. Coach K implements some really effective sets on offense and Thibs runs the defense. They even have Jim Boeheim on the coaching staff so they can use the 2-3 'Cuse zone. Worked really well against Spain in the 2012 Olympics, I remember.

It was really awesome watching Team USA play an exhibition game at MSG before the FIBA tournament last August. I was in the nosebleeds but I could still hear Thibs losing his voice calling out the defensive assignments against Puerto Rico.

Edit: Anybody watching this Bulls-Thunder game? Atrocious shooting by both teams...just gross.
Edited by diadem - 3/15/15 at 10:26am
post #21069 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

real talk, "rebel alliance" just a propaganda term for a band of straight-up terrorists
Speaking of likeable duke players, Christian Laettner has a 30 for 30 coming out. It would be hilarious if ESPN got Jalen Rose to narrate/interview it
post #21070 of 27250
haha yes. i dvred it. i really know very little (for a dukie) about duke bball history but i'm pretty intrigued to watch it
post #21071 of 27250
post #21072 of 27250

^ That's dumb on Mutant Russian Mark Cuban's part.  If he's only willing to part with a minority stake in the team, he can't expect big money.

post #21073 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

^ That's dumb on Mutant Russian Mark Cuban's part.  If he's only willing to part with a minority stake in the team, he can't expect big money.

Why not? Players demand big money for very average performances.

I think the league will come to regret letting a one of the Putin's into the league more than Sterling.
post #21074 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

wow you guys like it when duke loses? really going out on a limb there

I think it's Coach Ratface.
post #21075 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Why not? Players demand big money for very average performances.

I think the league will come to regret letting a one of the Putin's into the league more than Sterling.
this is true imo. ridiculous that nets cannot sell a large minority stake in a country where chipotle charges an extra $2 for guacamole.

obvious that salma hayek knows nothing about avocado farming; why should we let her enforce these draconian pricing policies?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread