or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1402

post #21016 of 27206
it's that post-brian shaw effect. everyone turns into manimals.

plus on the road at denver is a pretty predictable place to cough up a strange loss.

but yeah, you're right. honestly it might be a good thing for their title hopes; it shows they can get to a higher gear when needed, and therefore might not just pull a chicago in the playoffs and peter out.
post #21017 of 27206
Yeah don't the nuggets have the best home advantage?

Hawks 3s look like they're not falling but they're only missed a few more than they normally would. they're losing cuz they're not getting stops. Nuggets shooting unusually well. Vintage gallo production

I loved this article so much. http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12273986&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2Fw2RMHXhvex%22%7D Was about how warriors developed the league best defense from guys who they didn't exactly draft for defensive prowess


Holy shit Hawks bench cut a 33 something lead to 9
Edited by indesertum - 3/11/15 at 8:18pm
post #21018 of 27206
hahahhahah corey brewer turned into fucking superman at the end of the rockets-blazers game. rockets were down by 12 or so and then he checked in w/ 4 min left and got 2 steals (1 bad non-call) and scored 17 pts in a row. just missed the tying 3 at the buzzer.
post #21019 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

hahahhahah corey brewer turned into fucking superman at the end of the rockets-blazers game. rockets were down by 12 or so and then he checked in w/ 4 min left and got 2 steals (1 bad non-call) and scored 17 pts in a row. just missed the tying 3 at the buzzer.
Durant would be a decent second option on that team.
post #21020 of 27206
Recent observations have been deeply insightful. A choice nuggets is "getting owned by denver somehow", and the realization that "they're losing cuz they're not getting stops". Max deal stuff.

Great vine brothersport. This thread needed some snot.
post #21021 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Recent observations have been deeply insightful. A choice nuggets is "getting owned by denver somehow", and the realization that "they're losing cuz they're not getting stops". Max deal stuff.

Great vine brothersport. This thread needed some snot.

I think you need glasses. I wrote Hawks not nuggets.. And if you watched the game, which you clearly didn't but decided for some reason to come up with a snide (but as always wrong) remark, you would've noticed that hawks were losing because Hawks defense was pretty bad and denver was scoring at will.

You're so butthurt that you're tripping over yourself trying to prove people wrong. Chill out. It's just basketball
post #21022 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

I think you need glasses. I wrote Hawks not nuggets.. And if you watched the game, which you clearly didn't but decided for some reason to come up with a snide (but as always wrong) remark, you would've noticed that hawks were losing because Hawks defense was pretty bad and denver was scoring at will.

You're so butthurt that you're tripping over yourself trying to prove people wrong. Chill out. It's just basketball

nug·get
ˈnəɡət/

a valuable idea or fact.
post #21023 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

nug·get
ˈnəɡət/

a valuable idea or fact.

Were that the word you'd written, your use of "is" might have made sense.
post #21024 of 27206
Do you know that if you were to randomly select any NBA team to play against the Lakers, there is a 16% chance that the selected opponent will have a worse record?
So that makes tonight matchup against the Knicks kind of historic.
In honor of the occasion and to help with scoring, they are going to use special 20" diameter rims.
post #21025 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

nug·get
ˈnəɡət/

a valuable idea or fact.

So you meant nugget not nuggets. you wrote 'a choice nuggets is "getting owned..."'. I figured you misplaced the " rather than using shitty grammar
post #21026 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

So you meant nugget not nuggets. "Nuggets is" was terribly confusing

Ya, typo. The extra s doesn't read any other way, though.
post #21027 of 27206
I saw that ninja edit about "I love my sense of humor" to lawyerdad

Dude you're wrong. I even wrote out for you how it sounds if you assume the writer uses generally correct grammar instead of butchering basic English verbs like "to be"

When you're wrong it's ok to admit you're wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Do you know that if you were to randomly select any NBA team to play against the Lakers, there is a 16% chance that the selected opponent will have a worse record?
So that makes tonight matchup against the Knicks kind of historic.
In honor of the occasion and to help with scoring, they are going to use special 20" diameter rims.

I laughed. I don't know if I see the knicks doing well even in 5 years. They have no draft picks no promising player. Just a declining star and a gm and coach insisting on a style of basketball that doesn't work today even if it won championships for two decades. I really miss linsanity and 2012 knicks tho
post #21028 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

I saw that ninja edit about "I love my sense of humor" to lawyerdad

I saw that, too. The best part is how often he tries (and fails at) the ninja edit thing, which underscores how desperately he cares what people here think, even as he insists otherwise. crackup[1].gif
post #21029 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I saw that, too. The best part is how often he tries (and fails at) the ninja edit thing, which underscores how desperately he cares what people here think, even as he insists otherwise. crackup[1].gif

That new feature comes up at the bottom that shows a new post. Rather than reply to you, I edited and replied to indescertum directly. Big deal.

I edit my posts all the time, don't care why you think I do it, and I don't hide the fact. I'll continue to edit as I please, like now. You show lots of determination to nitpick me, maybe the desperation is yours that I don't react how you wish I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

When you're wrong it's ok to admit you're wrong.

I did, it was a typo and you guys are like 6 posts in over an errant "s". The sentence couldn't be interpreted to explain your response ("I think you need glasses") but you get a pass for sounding stupid. And you edited your post above trying to rationalize, but I'm the one whose desperate.
Edited by idfnl - 3/12/15 at 2:25pm
post #21030 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

I laughed. I don't know if I see the knicks doing well even in 5 years. They have no draft picks no promising player. Just a declining star and a gm and coach insisting on a style of basketball that doesn't work today even if it won championships for two decades. I really miss linsanity and 2012 knicks tho
what i thought you liked the triangle?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread