or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1385

post #20761 of 27250
I'm sure we all read it (and thought it). I just was the one to put it here. For my amusement.
post #20762 of 27250
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/larry-sanders-exclusive-interview/

Why I Walked Away From the NBA by Larry Sanders


cue idfnl trolling "how can you be unhappy with getting millions of dollars playing game"
post #20763 of 27250
Larry Sanders is full of shit. The bar for his behavior is set very, very low - you're a guy with a job who gets more slack than almost anyone else, and you still can't clear that bar. So he gets run out of the league and now he's "walking away" on some kind of principle? GTFO of here
post #20764 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Larry Sanders is full of shit. The bar for his behavior is set very, very low - you're a guy with a job who gets more slack than almost anyone else, and you still can't clear that bar. So he gets run out of the league and now he's "walking away" on some kind of principle? GTFO of here

This is all code for ranging drug addict. You can see it in multiple ways, such as the drug addict skin tone, tattoos preceding the meltdown, and erratic violent behavior.

The league probably busted him for hard drugs, if they hadn't he'd be putting up 8-8 and a block and folks like me would be asking the bust question.
post #20765 of 27250
if you watched the interview he said he entered treatment for depression, anxiety, and mood disorders which are all real things that affect real people with real problems. you don't go to a hospital and undergo a rehab problem if that shit isn't debilitating. he kept talking about how the game was mental and that he wasn't ready for it.

lol at hard drug addict. great theory with good evidence
post #20766 of 27250
went to atl-dallas today. super weird game. 60% of dallas's starting lineup (chandler, chandler, rondo) were gone, and atlanta's horrific weather (it was gently raining and somewhat cold, so there was a state of emergency) meant that the crowd was very sparse. atlanta got off to a really sloppy lackadaisical start but soon their depth just overwhelmed the mavs. dirk was basically invisible, and i read after the game that this was the mavs' 5th game in 7 nights so he was prob just spent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Arthritis is long term but joint swelling and pain is common and short term. It's why wade sits so often
that's pretty variable. like i said, bledsoe removed part of this meniscus and he hasn't sat at all. the bigger issue i believe in wade sitting is because he's been playing w/ a removed meniscus for 13 years or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

This is all code for ranging drug addict. You can see it in multiple ways, such as the drug addict skin tone, tattoos preceding the meltdown, and erratic violent behavior.

The league probably busted him for hard drugs, if they hadn't he'd be putting up 8-8 and a block and folks like me would be asking the bust question.
what in the actual fuck is this?

also, i love it when you so clearly can't make an actual argument that you just nonsensically insult the person who said it. simmons is occasionally a clown, mostly in presentation, but i would love to hear you trying to prove that his greater point re: kawhi isn't valid.
post #20767 of 27250
I loled at gently raining and cold and state of emergency

Idfnl might not pay max but half the league is willing to
post #20768 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

if you watched the interview he said he entered treatment for depression, anxiety, and mood disorders which are all real things that affect real people with real problems. you don't go to a hospital and undergo a rehab problem if that shit isn't debilitating. he kept talking about how the game was mental and that he wasn't ready for it.

lol at hard drug addict. great theory with good evidence

LOL at the staged interview. Believe what we're told all the time much? A staged interview by a publicist wasn't part of an exit strategy to 'keep his options open' for a return by 'walking away'. Larry's Oprah moment. Bullshit.

He was just suspended for violating the league drug policy for a 2nd time. Even abuse of weed can exacerbate a controllable situation. I'm sure he's got stuff to deal with, but don't be naive, he's made lifestyle choices too.
post #20769 of 27250
dude he actually went to rehab in a hospital. you can't make that shit up. maybe google it before you write complete bullshit based on living in some fantasy world where everything is a lie. sure it was a positive spin on things, but is it complete bullshit based off what some PR agent wrote for him? have a little humanity and some naivety to go along with it.

he violated the league drug policy for weed. not hard drugs. again google it before you write some angry bullshit about nothing. the only way he could've gotten a 10 game suspension was if he violated the drug policy for the 4th total time. if you get tested for cocaine or amphetamines in the league you're just straight up dismissed from the league

who the fuck said he hasn't made lifestyle choices? life isn't binary. it's not either he's a drug addict who deserves this shit or he's a fucking angel and got mentally sick and it's completely not his fault. it's probably a little bit of both. dear god the complete head in ground ass in air blindness. he's a fucking human being. human beings fuck up and want to do other things besides throw a ball in a basket even if they do get paid millions for it.

jesus fucking christ
post #20770 of 27250
^ I know we like to shit on him for a lot of his views on basketball (among other things) but when an individual is just that jaded, there's clearly some serious issues beneath the surface. I mean, this is the type of person that views players as robots who have 2 modes (either play HARD all the damn time despite injury, disagreeable monetary compensation, age, etc. OR ELSE you're a scrub and not worth my time). Not to mention the constant "woe is me" attitude. We've all taken the piss at each other. Hell, I've called out Brosport and RFX of performing oral sex on a lot of players & teams countless times myself. But dude seems to take things so personally..

I don't know how many times you and diadem have tried to point out glaringly obvious counter-points to his arguments only for him to go back to his thinking of "players are property...'human' component my ass" smh
post #20771 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

dude he actually went to rehab in a hospital. you can't make that shit up. maybe google it before you write complete bullshit based on living in some fantasy world where everything is a lie. sure it was a positive spin on things, but is it complete bullshit based off what some PR agent wrote for him? have a little humanity and some naivety to go along with it.

he violated the league drug policy for weed. not hard drugs. again google it before you write some angry bullshit about nothing. the only way he could've gotten a 10 game suspension was if he violated the drug policy for the 4th total time. if you get tested for cocaine or amphetamines in the league you're just straight up dismissed from the league

who the fuck said he hasn't made lifestyle choices? life isn't binary. it's not either he's a drug addict who deserves this shit or he's a fucking angel and got mentally sick and it's completely not his fault. it's probably a little bit of both. dear god the complete head in ground ass in air blindness. he's a fucking human being. human beings fuck up and want to do other things besides throw a ball in a basket even if they do get paid millions for it.

jesus fucking christ

Cry a river about humanity for us. Millionaires pay publicists to lie. I think hard drugs was involved, deal with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

^ I know we like to shit on him for a lot of his views on basketball (among other things) but when an individual is just that jaded, there's clearly some serious issues beneath the surface. I mean, this is the type of person that views players as robots who have 2 modes (either play HARD all the damn time despite injury, disagreeable monetary compensation, age, etc. OR ELSE you're a scrub and not worth my time). Not to mention the constant "woe is me" attitude. We've all taken the piss at each other. Hell, I've called out Brosport and RFX of performing oral sex on a lot of players & teams countless times myself. But dude seems to take things so personally..

I don't know how many times you and diadem have tried to point out glaringly obvious counter-points to his arguments only for him to go back to his thinking of "players are property...'human' component my ass" smh


You just said what he said. Try contributing something new.
post #20772 of 27250

So you're one of those "guilty until proven innocent" types...That's a fun way to live life...

post #20773 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

So you're one of those "guilty until proven innocent" types...That's a fun way to live life...

I like French law.
post #20774 of 27250
Whatever. I do like how idfnl doesn't get butthurt over the abuse heaped on him.

Hope you guys are watching cavs Warriors cuz this might be what finals are like
post #20775 of 27250
bron was incredible this game. hitting all manner of 3s and step backs. warriors prob got more than their share of bad calls, but cleveland straight carved em up inside.

phoenix-okc is a pretty great game. westbrook-bledsoe is insane. russ just blew by bled for an athletic layup and bledsoe recovered like crazy and blocked the fuck out of him. markieff morris takes way too many covered long 2s.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread