or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1380

post #20686 of 27227
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

LOL @ Jimmy Butler getting a max from you.  Did he really turn the corner this year or was this just a contract year where he played extra hard and put up inflated stats?  Dude also leads the league in minutes played this year.  Isn't his body breaking down?! He has a shoulder injury right now and sat out against the Cavs Thursday night!

Also, the guy isn't giving 100% on the court!

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/12280131/jimmy-butler-blame-chicago-bulls-scuffling-defense?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Giving Jimmy Butler a max is straight-up hypocritical of you after all the shit you spouted over the past 20 pages of this thread.
Jimmy Butler this year is quite similar to Goran Dragic last year, in terms of counting stats, averages, and player efficiency. except Dragic did it in less mpg and over a full season stirpot.gif
post #20687 of 27227
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

Giving Jimmy Butler a max is straight-up hypocritical of you after all the shit you spouted over the past 20 pages of this thread.

I know. I just love the dude. I spotted him his rookie year and felt he had a lot of upside. He's got a lot more. In a sense, it's not being hypocritical as much as me saying that there are players I'd take the risk on. Butler is one of them. I might say the same for Wiggins in a year or two.
post #20688 of 27227
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Brotherspor 
cool, how
friend had 200 bucks worth of ticket vouchers went to the box office guy was like lemme see what I can do... gives us two tickets to a suite.... they were worth 250
post #20689 of 27227

I know this is totally random because he's a nobody, but Jason Maxiell tonight has got to be one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

 

He is like the chubby center in one of those middle school basketball games that's on the team because he's big, but he can't hustle or catch the ball, and he might possibly not even understand the basics of basketball rules (such as attempting to stop the other team from getting the ball into the hoop or grabbing the ball when it's bouncing off the rim for a rebound).

 

He seriously might be the reason the Hornets lose tonight, because the game is sort of close.

post #20690 of 27227
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

In a sense, it's not being hypocritical as much as me saying that there are players I'd take the risk on. Butler is one of them. I might say the same for Wiggins in a year or two.

sergioooo_medium.gif
post #20691 of 27227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post

I know this is totally random because he's a nobody, but Jason Maxiell tonight has got to be one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

He is like the chubby center in one of those middle school basketball games that's on the team because he's big, but he can't hustle or catch the ball, and he might possibly not even understand the basics of basketball rules (such as attempting to stop the other team from getting the ball into the hoop or grabbing the ball when it's bouncing off the rim for a rebound).

He seriously might be the reason the Hornets lose tonight, because the game is sort of close.
That was like, Kendrick Perkins on the Thunder. Or Glen Davis when he hit middle school
post #20692 of 27227
Whenever he gets flaccid, he comes in here to get collectively shit on. Instant hard-on. Must be his fetish idk.
post #20693 of 27227

Yup, I picked the right bandwagon to hop on.  Russ looking like a character from NBA Jam who's just on fire through the whole game.

 

post #20694 of 27227
im really happy for the new thunder bench. imagine when they get adams and KD back. can't believe they got a whole bench for jackson and perkins and a shitty first round pick. made off like a bandit. everyone looks a lot happier and play with more fun

defense was putrid for a very long time there

kings can't even beat clippers bench
post #20695 of 27227
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Last points, then I'm dropping this. There are a bunch of bad deals because of stupid decisions based on highly foreseeable circumstances. Bargnani deals. Aging players. Injury risks. Overpaying or they'll leave. Cornering yourself like Miami just did. I'm not afraid to award a big contract, but a bad decision could wreck a team's ability to contend for an extended period. You're justification for taking risks is like spraying bullets hoping one hits, not my style.
I pointed at Teague, you want me to go thru 20 players to satisfy you with examples, 5,000 words RFX style? Then Lawrence post a stupid gif and NEO another bad joke?

I thought Teague was worth it, I always liked him. I'd have made that deal.
haha extending steph curry was spraying a bullet and hoping it hit? it's a calculated risk. you don't take any, you don't get anywhere.

bottom line: there's no way you could find 20 non-rookie contracts you like for above-avg players in the league. if you take out the max guys (of which you say there's <10 worthwhile), the aging players, the injury risks, good players on bad teams, or the players w/ smaller roles, there's just no way you could realistically field a contending team.
post #20696 of 27227

this was so pretty
post #20697 of 27227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

haha extending steph curry was spraying a bullet and hoping it hit? it's a calculated risk. you don't take any, you don't get anywhere.

bottom line: there's no way you could find 20 non-rookie contracts you like for above-avg players in the league. if you take out the max guys (of which you say there's <10 worthwhile), the aging players, the injury risks, good players on bad teams, or the players w/ smaller roles, there's just no way you could realistically field a contending team.

Didn't I tell you lawrence would post a gif and neo would make a bad joke? And you guys say I don't have an eye for prediction.

Otherwise, I disagree.
post #20698 of 27227

JR Smith shitting on his former team.

 

 

 

Also, this blatant walk.

 


Edited by diadem - 2/22/15 at 4:52pm
post #20699 of 27227

OKC is ridiculously deep now.

 

The OKC bench is

 

PG: Augustin

SG: Waiters, Morrow, Lamb

SF: Singler, Jones, Novak

PF: Collison

C: Kanter, McGary

 

That's a bunch players who were starting this season.

 

Unless something unexpected happens, they should easily be able to make the WCF. The only question is what if they disappoint in the playoffs? I ask since I can't think of any coaches better than Brooks available in the offseason (now that Karl's been hired).

post #20700 of 27227
This might be overly mean, but I don't think Brooks does much coaching to begin with. You could place a bucket on a broom, place it on the sidelines, and it wouldn't make much a difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread