or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1357

post #20341 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I understand the obvious. I find it funny that a guy vying for a max deal wouldn't be considered an elite player/part of a 'big 3'. What humors seems important to some of you. And Kelly Blue Book prices are based on supply and demand, bruh.
 

You're just nitpicking now.  I meant there's no literal publication that outlines a player's value, which you seem to imply with each post you make on contracts.  You pull some arbitrary figure out of your ass that you contend teams should never exceed or else the contract is an "albatross", never mind the ballooning salary cap within the next 2 years, never mind that in certain situations teams would be screwed if they were to just let players walk if they sign a lucrative offer sheet elsewhere, never mind that players have proven that they can come back from serious injuries and play at a high level.  The guy who had this mentality was Donald Sterling in the late 1990's/early 2000's.  Yeah, he was making a pretty hefty profit from the Clippers, but they were dogshit and the laughingstock of the league.

post #20342 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

\
I feel like other people come into this thread expecting us to roast him and we'd be doing everyone an injustice if we just started ignoring him.

screw it, I'm going to join in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I understand the obvious. I find it funny that a guy vying for a max deal wouldn't be considered an elite player/part of a 'big 3'. What humors seems important to some of you. And Kelly Blue Book prices are based on supply and demand, bruh.

whats the kelly blue book price for a 2014 Audi S6 Avant here in the US?
post #20343 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

You're just nitpicking now.  I meant there's no literal publication that outlines a player's value, which you seem to imply with each post you make on contracts.  You pull some arbitrary figure out of your ass that you contend teams should never exceed or else the contract is an "albatross", never mind the ballooning salary cap within the next 2 years, never mind that in certain situations teams would be screwed if they were to just let players walk if they sign a lucrative offer sheet elsewhere, never mind that players have proven that they can come back from serious injuries and play at a high level.  The guy who had this mentality was Donald Sterling in the late 1990's/early 2000's.  Yeah, he was making a pretty hefty profit from the Clippers, but they were dogshit and the laughingstock of the league.

NBA teams as a business seem to be consistently overpaying for assets, in part because of the mentality here. This would get all other businessman fired. Your point about Sterling is accurate, he made a profit, which is what businesses are designed to do, you personal views about him aside. An auction would have probably a better analogy, FWIW.
post #20344 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

whats the kelly blue book price for a 2014 Audi S6 Avant here in the US?

No idea. Just make your point.
post #20345 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Clueless gon' be clueless.
post #20346 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Your Kelly comment was wrong so just own it.

That's such an idfnl thing to say.  I explained why I used the reference and why you took it out of context.  Also, see LawrenceMD's post above.

 

I guess you should own the fact that you're a stubborn, penny-pinching ingrate with delusions of one day becoming the next RC Buford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

NBA teams as a business seem to be consistently overpaying for assets, in part because of the mentality here. This would get all other businessman fired. Your point about Sterling is accurate, he made a profit, which is what businesses are designed to do, you personal views about him aside.

So fuck winning, basically...what happened to this "spirit of sport" you were talking about before?

post #20347 of 27236


3204840swsw.gif
post #20348 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

delusions of one day becoming the next RC Buford.

I have no interest at all in becoming a GM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

So fuck winning, basically...what happened to this "spirit of sport" you were talking about before?

Part of winning is preventing your team from implosion with bad contracts. And it'll likely happen if you're joining a race to overpay players.
post #20349 of 27236
^ yeah but sometimes you lose because you do NOT pay your players, example Cuban not willing to pay Nash, and because of that they let Nash just as he was entering his prime
post #20350 of 27236
suns have a nice legacy with top notch pg: kJ, nash,and now the 3 headed monster
post #20351 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

That 3-point play happened more than once but even ignoring that he has dominated many 4th quarters against the Clips and Lakers. You got to remember that the Clips and Grizz have had a few playoffs series battles outside of regular season games. IIRC two years in a row, one 7-game and the other 6-game?


And the Clippers bench was definitely WAY WAY better lats year. You cannot fathom how big of a difference Collison is to Farmar. Hell Collison won that playoff game against the OKC. Darren sparks the bench the same way Bledsoe does, Farmar just chucks up 3s and not much else. Farmar was so bad that he plays 10 minutes less than Collison because he can't defend and he can't score and he can't facilitate. Collison could, on defense alone is far and away better than Farmar, Doc was able to play CP3 and Collison so that CP3 doesn't have to guard the other teams PG. Farmar is so bad he had to be let go int he middle of the season. Last years bench tended to increase the lead, this years blows it. Hawes is the biggest addition this year and they expected similar numbers to his healthy self from the Sixers but that hasn't shown up. After that, all that is left is Crawford.

I mean really int he end you can't even compare Farmar to Collison, it's a landslide win for Collison all the way. Not even close.

Just google "Clippers Bench" and you'd probably see several articles on how bad they are this year and how most thought they were improving the bench and why most analyst got the Clips picked to be moving on from the West.


I would definitely consider Cousins and Westbrook Superstars, Milsap probably tittering the line but he is right there. I don't think my standard is lower, just different.

i miswrote. i was on my phone and half drunk. when i wrote collison vs farmar what i meant to say was (as in i stopped writing and should've written more) i thought last year's bench was bad, but this year's bench is worse (as in this year all they really have is jamal crawford, but last year they also had collison)
post #20352 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

And finally just looked at CP3s stats and some are down. Points, Assist and Steals are all down. PER is also down from 25.9 last year to 24.6 this year.


I am not expert in stats but if you can check the difference between this years bench versus last years and I am almost certain you'll see a difference there.

yeah but that's such a nitpicky difference. i would put it within variability. everything is basically the same

oh wait i just actually read the second part. yeah deffo the bench is part of the issue
post #20353 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

don't be so quick to get trapped.
laugh.gif .... keep fighting the good fight!


I was watching the Hawks Warriors game and did anyone notice how the damn hawks arena organist was going off? Motherfucker was jamming the whole 48min.

edit: ah ok so the Hawks organist name is Sir Foster and he's been jamming hard pre bandwagon (circa 2011). teacha.gif

dude that dude is amazing
post #20354 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

^ yeah but sometimes you lose because you do NOT pay your players, example Cuban not willing to pay Nash, and because of that they let Nash just as he was entering his prime

Indeed. Sometimes you'll regret the choice, but the Mavs won a chip 4 years after he left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

yeah but that's such a nitpicky difference. i would put it within variability. everything is basically the same

Including his court demeener. Simmons and Lowe both went after his antics in a way I'm not used to hearing, and a refreshingly direct/accurate assessment. That vine above was just perfect.
post #20355 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i miswrote. i was on my phone and half drunk. when i wrote collison vs farmar what i meant to say was (as in i stopped writing and should've written more) i thought last year's bench was bad, but this year's bench is worse (as in this year all they really have is jamal crawford, but last year they also had collison)


Oh yeah Clips is bad both years but this years definitely worse and that is considering 2 years ago they had the best bench in the league before Bledsoe was traded (queue Brothersport w/ "Docs a bad GM post"). This years bench looks even worse because Hawes is suppose to be the "saviour" bench signing but I even miss Ryan "poormans Javale Mcgee" Hollins' defense off the bench.

It's a give or take I guess because with VDN, the Clips bench was #1 but the starters were #12 in the league in 12-13 season. When Doc arrived and he traded Bledsoe for Redick, the bench went down to #25 but the starters jumped to being #1 in 13-14 season.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread